Profanity Filter

frequency_jam
8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited May 16
This has been raised before on this forum, but no action has been taken after many users have requested it to be implemented in some form.

I don't expect the profanity filter to be removed, despite the fact that it's totally absurd, but my bigger issue is the characters screaming profanities after being killed.

Can you at least give players the option to filter that out???

My young son likes to watch me play sometimes and although I can hide the chat,  The only way I can avoid him hearing a guy screaming profanities is to turn off the volume which isn't really ideal after all.

It is my belief that users should have the option as to if they want to hear profanities or not within the game.

Ideally players would have the option to filter the chat and the in-game character audio...  Or just change the audio / make a toggle so that certain soundbites of VO speech to be skipped entirely ( e.g instead of screaming profanities,  the character's VO would instead use the line "MEEDDIIICC" ) or similar variants.

I'm all for realism for what would be an extremely traumatic experience on the real battlefield,  But this is 2019 and there really should be at least an option to have these VO lines bypassed for those whom have young children so as not to expose them to inappropriate language only to be repeated in institutions such as in School / Preschool etc.

After all,  Children are like sponges and literally soak up and repeat almost everything they hear.

Your thoughts?

[ mod post : This is how you present an appropriate forum thread without rulebreaking : Author of the thread has been changed from LGYT over to you.]

Comments

• The-Monz
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think this would be a good idea.
    Even if nobody else is watching it would be nice to be able to play the game over a surround sound system without having to worry about exposing swearing to youngsters.
    On the flip side it would be good to be able to choose correct axis flags and be able to have there dictator and ideology acknowledged to make it actually seem like its a WW2 game.
  • bigmatt9486
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You going for a 3rd deleted thread?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11676 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited May 16
    You going for a 3rd deleted thread?
    No,  I created this thread on his behalf to show him the correct way to make a thread requesting a feature or a change rather than violating the rules,  And then I changed the Author of the thread from myself to him.

Lead by example etc.
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Rex_Holez
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would prefer the option to take the multiplayer chat filter off, since most who play this game aren't snowflakes making it unnecessary to filter out words like "suck".
  • Hawxxeye
    4355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 16
    it is annoying that we cannot swear like troopers in the chat box unless we misspell the blocked words.
    Meanwhile the C word that refers to a disease that is also the name of a constellation is available for everyone in the game to use with impunity.
    How does that even begin to make sense?
    Instead of DICE picking what we are not allowed to say, everyone of us should be able to pick what we do not want to see. Personally I would block the C word as well as several variants of  "EZ"
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11676 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @Hawxxeye

AFAIK the chat filter is using a regex filter,  So even typing something like "AHHHHH" will trigger it due to the double H relating to you know who from ww2.
  • Hawxxeye
    4355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

AFAIK the chat filter is using a regex filter,  So even typing something like "AHHHHH" will trigger it due to the double H relating to you know who from ww2.
    I know, I am just saying it is stupid that double H is more offensive than the C constellation word. The word is really upside down