Medic Smoke question

lunajpsn
28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Can spotting flares spot you in the smoke? Or do you disappear on the mini map when you enter it?

Comments

• firechickenfan
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This has been discussed before. I think it was determined that smoke>spot flare.
    I dont know if those threads are still searchable.
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The smoke neutralises the flare spotting effect whilst its present.
  • Hawxxeye
    5024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    you are basically like the ninjas in cartoons throwing a smoke bomb at their feet to lose their enemies
  • bran1986
    5494 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is bugged and doesn't work though, at least with 3d spotting. When playing grind a scout spotted a bunch of enemies, the enemies called in a smoke barrage and I could still see the Doritos above their heads. I ended up landing 6 or 7 headshot kills with the Commando Carbine.
  • SirSpectacle
    734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    It is bugged and doesn't work though, at least with 3d spotting. When playing grind a scout spotted a bunch of enemies, the enemies called in a smoke barrage and I could still see the Doritos above their heads. I ended up landing 6 or 7 headshot kills with the Commando Carbine.
    You can still see doritos through the smoke, just not inside it. Those guys may have been just outside the smoke effect area.