If only...

NewName101324
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I know it's not likely to happen but I would love to see DICE implement the Messerschmitt Me 262 into this game.

This fine beauty is known for being one of the first operational jet-powered fighter aircraft in the world. You can thank the Germans for that. They may have been the "bad guys", but they took their rocket science very seriously. The Me 262 served several different roles including rconnaissance, interception, light bombing, and experimental night fighting. They were also famously known as "bomber destroyers" because of how effective they were in taking down Allied bombers with their strafing runs. Since their introduction in 1944, the Me 262 claimed a total of 542 Allied aircraft. Fast, deadly, and efficient. 

Now I know what you're thinking. Geez that seems a bit OP for the Axis team to get a literal fighter jet on their roster. Dogfights would be totally unbalanced. But fear not, the British have been busy too...

Introducing the Gloster Meteor

The Gloster Meteor was the first British jet fighter and the only Allied jet aircraft to achieve combat operations during WW2. The Meteor was used primarily for intercepting V-1 rockets and successfully intercepted and destroyed 14 rockets by the war's end. It was only after the Germans began deploying the ballistic V-2 rockets that the British RAF were forbidden from flying combat missions with the Meteors over German-held territory out of fear of them being shot down and salvaged by the Germans or the Soviets. Both the Meteor and the Me 262 helped pave the way towards the modern jet aircraft we see and use today.

Now, unfortunately the Me 262 was a superior fighter compared to the Meteor in every way. It was faster and more heavily armed. So obviously DICE would have to take some measures to make these two fighters unique but equal. Also, historically these two fighters never crossed paths during the war. But hey, that's the fun of playing a WW2 game. We make our own battles. They could be part of a new vehicle category called 'Prototypes'. 

Alas, I know it's a pipe dream. But it's a neat idea that I thought I'd share.

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    4355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well DICE has proven that the real specs of a plane do not matter in their games anyway
  • SirBobdk
    3631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 16
    There are so many problems with existing planes that I think must be solved before new ones are added.

• dayglowfroggy
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes it would be nice but since I can't even level up the existing planes partly my fault but mainly dice I would rather they spent any extra time on new maps.