Weekly Debrief

Chauchat LMG and MAB38 SMG are coming in a couple of weeks.

YourLocalPlumber
2978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited May 15
Kinda wanted to share a bit of good news with you for once.

Chauchat LMG is finally coming to BF5 in the last weeks of TOW.  It was data mined by temporyal.  I'm super excited for this LMG as I really want slow ROF heavy hitting LMG that makes use of your aim  and smart positioning instead of you holding a trigger and spewing 30 bullets in an instant.

MAB38 
on the other hand is a successor to our favorite gun from BF1, the Automatico :D. But fear not brave soldiers, this weapon shoots at 600 RPM. New medic gun is nice, but after the last patch, I feel medic had been deleted from the game. 

And for the last unknown unlock of this ToW chapter -  Fallschirmjäger dagger. I know, extremely anticlimactic, but it is what it is. 

Sources:

Chauchat https://twitter.com/temporyal/status/1126931782467751936

MAB38 https://twitter.com/DANNYonPC/status/1127704030174699521

Fallschirmjäger Dagger https://twitter.com/temporyal/status/1126967441911840768

Comments

• M_Rat13
    1304 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another mediocre SMG....

Just what we need lol. Shame it's not like the automatico in terms of ROF.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    Another mediocre SMG....

Well, what would you like to see in the future?

• shadowlord200
    143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ah good stuff, the Italian SMG of WW2
  • MarxistDictator
    4949 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    Another mediocre SMG....

A sack of door knobs would be a legit medic weapon well balanced against his existing arsenal.
  • M_Rat13
    1304 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    Another mediocre SMG....

An SMG damage model that traded ROF for raw damage or something. Kinda like the RSC SMG compared to the Annilator compared to the Automatico in BF1. If not that, more BA carbines and high ROF SMGs.
  • Godmodegta
    356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    the chauchat is my favorite gun in BF1, and I would love too have martini henry in the future, probley not best rifle in BFV , also BF1 peacekeeper pistol, i just love that skin and awesome animation with the pistol.
  • MarxistDictator
    4949 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    YourLocalPlumber said:

M_Rat13 said:
    Another mediocre SMG....

An SMG damage model that traded ROF for raw damage or something. Kinda like the RSC SMG compared to the Annilator compared to the Automatico in BF1.

If not that, more BA carbines and high ROF SMGs.

I'm surprised with all the borrowing from BF1 the CRSG SMG didn't reappear. They could have given us its 1918 variant which utilized a Chauchat magazine (though that would have made the BF1 version op af).

I think the M2 Carbine is also on the medic radar, which would be kinda like the Ribbeyrolles from BF1 (very confusing that it ended up on assault).
  • Narfiam
    197 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Chauchat was very good in BF1 but I think it will be worse in BFV.
  • FF-Bulletsponge
    515 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Meh. I much rather see some new gadgets to kill people with
  • M_Rat13
    YourLocalPlumber said:

M_Rat13 said:
    Another mediocre SMG....

An SMG damage model that traded ROF for raw damage or something. Kinda like the RSC SMG compared to the Annilator compared to the Automatico in BF1.

I'm surprised with all the borrowing from BF1 the CRSG SMG didn't reappear. They could have given us its 1918 variant which utilized a Chauchat magazine (though that would have made the BF1 version op af).

I think the M2 Carbine is also on the medic radar, which would be kinda like the Ribbeyrolles from BF1 (very confusing that it ended up on assault).

BF1 didn't have an AR category, so it was shoved in with SMGs, like the Federov Avtomat with the medic semi autos. Although I am curious how they could justify the M2 being an SMG and not an AR....
  • bran1986
    5747 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 15
    M_Rat13 said:
    YourLocalPlumber said:

M_Rat13 said:
    Another mediocre SMG....

BF1 didn't have an AR category, so it was shoved in with SMGs, like the Federov Avtomat with the medic semi autos. Although I am curious how they could justify the M2 being an SMG and not an AR....
    The M2 carbine will 100% be an assault weapon, they will label it as an assault rifle. I would eat crow with ketchup if they gave it to the medic but I don't see any way in hell DICE will do that.

As for the Beretta 1938, curious to see how it is balanced, in the picture it looks to have the 20 round magazine. I'm not sure what the point of the gun is since you could just the MP34 and probably get a faster bullet velocity and a superior damage model(I doubt the Beretta gets a 4-7 damage model). I wonder if anything was changed with the Chauchat since it would be insanely strong if its 3 btk at all ranges damage model stayed the same.
    Post edited by bran1986 on
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1911 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hopefully the Chauchat will stick with the BF1 model of higher damage but lower ROF, otherwise it will probably be another bland weapon.
  • MaydupNem
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well, Ian from the ForgottenWeapons youtube channel has a video of him shooting the beretta smg. He was very surprised about how good it performed. You can see that the gun has virtually no recoil at all. Looks very smooth. If it is anything like its real life counterpart then consider me excited. This might be one of the best medic weapons.
  • ElliotLH
    8545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    M_Rat13 said:
    YourLocalPlumber said:

M_Rat13 said:
    Another mediocre SMG....

The M2 carbine will 100% be an assault weapon, they will label it as an assault rifle. I would eat crow with ketchup if they gave it to the medic but I don't see any way in hell DICE will do that.

As for the Beretta 1938, curious to see how it is balanced, in the picture it looks to have the 20 round magazine. I'm not sure what the point of the gun is since you could just the MP34 and probably get a faster bullet velocity and a superior damage model(I doubt the Beretta gets a 4-7 damage model). I wonder if anything was changed with the Chauchat since it would be insanely strong if its 3 btk at all ranges damage model stayed the same.
    Think you're right there. The datamine of it does imply that it is classed as an assault rifle in the game files. 
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 16
    Nice, Chauchat and MAB38. I have been underwhelmed with the last 4 weapons so hopefully something good for a change
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It'll probably break down :smiley:

I work for an Italian company I'm semi-qualified to comment
  • VOLBANKER
    1041 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 16
    Never mind, misread a post :smiley:
  • Hawxxeye
    5995 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It'll probably break down :smiley:

I work for an Italian company I'm semi-qualified to comment

Are they drowning you in Chianti?
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1911 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    One of the suppliers our company uses is Italian and no word of a lie, on more than one occasion they have used bags of spaghetti as packaging.