Is BFV the worst?

mudpig44
61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
For me it is by far. It had so much promise. But it's just a complete trainwreck.
Completely unbalanced. Accurate fire with light machine guns more than a hundred metres is completely wrong. Killing people with shotguns from more than a hundred meters is laughable. The same with outshooting rifleman from a distance with a pistol. Unbelievable.

List your most hated points on this game. Hopefully someone from Dice will read it before releasing the next game.

Comments

• GoonHunter_1960
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes . But BF3 and BF4 also had multiple issues .
  • StormSaxon
    502 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Player base is definitely lamest.. such princesses now.
    They got old?
    Infiltrated by easily triggered millennials?
    More Call of Duty refugees?
    - Id like to see a few more guns, an Owen gun for the Aussies maybe, Lee Enfields and Mausers, with iron sights for all classes.
    - Some classic tanks ... Grant/Lee, crusader, hetzer.
    - I’d like some actual bog standard infantry skins, so they look more like WW2 soldiers and less like they fell out of a Tarantino movie.
    - bring back rush, but with better M-Com placement... not so close together.
    - Rework bombers. They need to be slower.. no bomber should be chancing fighters and AA guns need to be more dangerous to low level planes.
    - Rented servers, I don’t use them, but people seem to like them.

BFV... for me is not the worst. I’ve had more fun on this than I had on BF1, which was fun at first but patched into rubbishness by the end, BFH which was interesting and well underrated, BF4 which which was trash for the 12/18 months I played it, tired, uninspiring and with lazy terrible designed maps... (which was the worst BF I’ve played).
    It’s not as good as BF3 or BC2 though.
  • 9IronKiller
    63 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still really enjoying the game and play most games. I think playing with a platoon makes it a lot more fun though
  • Noodlesocks
    2497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bad Company 2 was my least favourite Battlefield, including BF5 but BF5 is easily of the poorest quality.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    After all the experience in game design which the BF series has provided for the devs over the years, I would have thought that they would get better with each installment.  This is not the case.  It is almost like they relearn mistakes every installment and the lack of content at launch is shameful.  They may have learned from this game that not as many people were interested in a game which has the most desirable war in mans history as a shooter for gamers.
    I do not know exactly why this game tanked, but I am sure that Dice will not make the same mistake again.  Money talks.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes . But BF3 and BF4 also had multiple issues .
    Yeah BF3 had the terrain bug in the beta on Metro.  Also tons of weapons nerfed to the point it got lame unless you played hardcore.  BF4 grenades were the size of beach balls in the beta.  Also I missed out on the launch since I had car troubles so I didn't get to buy my XBOX1 on Launch.  Money went for car repairs.  I had to wait for tax refund in March then got XBOX1 and BF4 disc used on Amazon for $10.  Then later got premium 50% off on black Friday that Fall.  Then after BF4 went on sale for $10 I bought the digital.  But most the vanilla maps got stale for BF4.  Hardly any servers rocked the good premium maps.  BF1 was lame.  Didn't bother buying premium.  I loved Hardline but no body played the premium maps.
  • KPNuts74
    484 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s my fave FPS to date. The gunplay is sublime.
  • BlazrOne
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, absolutely the worst.
  • xeNizKing
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Player base is definitely lamest.. such princesses now.
    They got old?
    Infiltrated by easily triggered millennials?
    More Call of Duty refugees?
    - Id like to see a few more guns, an Owen gun for the Aussies maybe, Lee Enfields and Mausers, with iron sights for all classes.
    - Some classic tanks ... Grant/Lee, crusader, hetzer.
    - I’d like some actual bog standard infantry skins, so they look more like WW2 soldiers and less like they fell out of a Tarantino movie.
    - bring back rush, but with better M-Com placement... not so close together.
    - Rework bombers. They need to be slower.. no bomber should be chancing fighters and AA guns need to be more dangerous to low level planes.
    - Rented servers, I don’t use them, but people seem to like them.

BFV... for me is not the worst. I’ve had more fun on this than I had on BF1, which was fun at first but patched into rubbishness by the end, BFH which was interesting and well underrated, BF4 which which was trash for the 12/18 months I played it, tired, uninspiring and with lazy terrible designed maps... (which was the worst BF I’ve played).
    It’s not as good as BF3 or BC2 though.
    if you want AAs to be more dangerous then you should give pilots much better visibility or the ability for them to have their own unique spotting system otherwise we pilots HAVE to dive and fly low in order to even be able to do anything useful save blind bombing random targets then having to go through the whole ridiculous reloading process over and over. Without spotting its horrendously hard to actually see anything on the ground when flying. Yeah recons could spot more but Jesus. People just want to gimp planes entirely so they can pretend they dont exist and play CoDfield 5.
  • dcs500
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They’re all good and bad in equal measure, only the maps change.
  • Trokey66
    8075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Played better, played a lot worse too.
  • parkingbrake
    3126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mudpig44 said:
    For me it is by far. It had so much promise. But it's just a complete trainwreck.
    Completely unbalanced. Accurate fire with light machine guns more than a hundred metres is completely wrong. Killing people with shotguns from more than a hundred meters is laughable. The same with outshooting rifleman from a distance with a pistol. Unbelievable.

List your most hated points on this game. Hopefully someone from Dice will read it before releasing the next game.
    It's far from a complete train wreck.  With the exception of the poor network performance the game itself isn't that bad, it's the issues outside the game like no rented servers and Live Service that are holding it back.

Accurate fire from a light machine gun at more than a hundred meters is completely wrong?  You don't know what you're talking about, the Bren gun was used for accurate fire up to a thousand meters, you should really do some reading before you sound off on issues like that.

I've never been killed with a shotgun at that range in this game, are you sure you have?  Long-range pistol shots are annoying, in some cases they come from players who seem like they might be getting some outside help.  On the other hand I once got a kill with the scoped magnum from the TV tower to Hilltop on the Caspian Border map, so who knows?

My BFV dislikes haven't changed--no rented servers (so far), little new content due to Live Service, weak anti-cheat, poor network performance.  And yet I can still have fun in this game, just like lots of other games with significant flaws.  BFV isn't the game it could have been, but it's not the disaster you paint it as being, and certainly not for the reasons you list.