Can we increase the max level?

124»

Comments

• krliathbirdeate
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    FragbaitDax said:
    If anyone can explain to me how rank impacts on your ability to play the game then maybe I'll see some value in this.

In the mean time, pretend that Company Coin is a Rank system. It now goes to infinity so keep grinding away to make it higher. It's as relevant as a rank is as it requires a very low level of skill and merely an investment of time played.

Yep, I have yet to spend a single CC on anything other than upgrades, I have over 150K - no desire to buy lipstick...err...face paint for my soldier.

same...
  • PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They will increase the Level limit when the XP boosters come out for Battlefield Currency in the store, then people will buy them to boost ego e.g. "Oh you level 50 noob, i'm level 100". There's no point to increase the limit unless they financially benefit from it, it's EA..all about the money and investors, not the consumers.

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that the XP boosts are for leveling up weapons and vehicles and such as well as TOW chapter XP to get the rewards if you’re running out of time. I don’t think you can use them to boost your overall rank level.
  • ArchAngeL_777
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I just got the game this week.   I don't care about level caps, but it sounds way too low at 50.   It all depends of course on how long it takes to get a rank.  Battlefield 2 did not have a lot of ranks, but it took forever to gain ranks after the initial ranks.
  • krliathbirdeate
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just got the game this week.   I don't care about level caps, but it sounds way too low at 50.   It all depends of course on how long it takes to get a rank.  Battlefield 2 did not have a lot of ranks, but it took forever to gain ranks after the initial ranks.

it takes a month
  • someguy12121
    468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Been a lev 50 for the past three months. I would appreciate it if Dice, increased the lev cap, then I would play more bf5. In the meantime, I’ll keep playing bf4 and bf1 for now.
    Even if they were to increase the cap, what would  be different? We would still have no new content.

• TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah the level system currently is boring, and over before you realize it.
    No shiny emblems for each set of rank, no 1, 2 or 3 star general etc etc.
    no increasing experience required for the next level or rank. Just some extra cc and xp.
    I feel the tow tree is more rewarding since you get something after completing each branch.
    Maybe that’s what needs more work.
  • OrionPherrit
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You know, if you find yourself stuck at colonel forever in the real military, it means the Pentagon has deemed you not general material and your career has hit a standstill. Time to look for a new job… 🤔

I understand if Dice are consumed with fixing bigger bugs, but this is a pretty simple request. Admittedly, I’m an amateur coder, yet even I know it only requires a few keystrokes to change the variable MaxLevel=50 to 60, 70 or some other value, Google some star jpegs off the ‘Net, then re-compile. Or just reuse the old BF4/BF1 rank insignias for crissake. 🧐

Devs can probably do it over ciggy break on an iPad. Heck, I’ll even spring for coffee or a pack of smokes. Not that I condone unhealthful habits, but whatever it takes.

Please throw us a bone, EA! You can make a lot of people happy for a time with only a minimal expenditure of effort. 💝
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    FragbaitDax said:
    If anyone can explain to me how rank impacts on your ability to play the game then maybe I'll see some value in this.

In the mean time, pretend that Company Coin is a Rank system. It now goes to infinity so keep grinding away to make it higher. It's as relevant as a rank is as it requires a very low level of skill and merely an investment of time played.

Yep, I have yet to spend a single CC on anything other than upgrades, I have over 150K - no desire to buy lipstick...err...face paint for my soldier.

same...
    Same what? Lipstick? 

To be honest your responses to virtually everything in every thread make no sense whatsoever, either you're being deliberately obtuse and cryptic or I'm guessing you haven't got a clue what you're talking about.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield Bulletin‏ @BFBulletin 17h17 hours ago

UPDATE: Regarding the #Battlefield V level cap increase, EA wants to talk to everyone about that before we get to #EAPLAY2019. Unfortunately, It wasn't possible to have a post on it this week as they're waiting on the final decisions regarding how soon they can implement it.