Is Soldier Non-Rendering a "Thing"?

Soulbreeze
347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Because I swear I had two very clear instances of it this morning. Took a few hits from a direction. Turned and panned around; nothing there. Took a few more hits and died. Killcam showed the guy RIGHT where I was looking at. There was no cover in this area for him to hide and peek. Other time I checked a corner in the library part of the church on devastation. No one there. Crouched down near the corner to reload and got knifed from behind. This isn't the first play session I've had where I've felt that soldiers didn't show up until after I had died. Am I just having serious visibility issues or is this actually happening sometimes? This seems to happen at all ranges every once in awhile.

Comments

• ackers75
    2219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Soulbreeze wrote: »
    Because I swear I had two very clear instances of it this morning. Took a few hits from a direction. Turned and panned around; nothing there. Took a few more hits and died. Killcam showed the guy RIGHT where I was looking at. There was no cover in this area for him to hide and peek. Other time I checked a corner in the library part of the church on devastation. No one there. Crouched down near the corner to reload and got knifed from behind. This isn't the first play session I've had where I've felt that soldiers didn't show up until after I had died. Am I just having serious visibility issues or is this actually happening sometimes? This seems to happen at all ranges every once in awhile.

So glad you have this issues as I thought I was going mad.
    It seems sometimes the game isn’t rendering people fast enough.

• M_Rat13
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've had it where they don't even render in on the kill cam. 
  • VincentNZ
    2429 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You mean he is invisible to you, or the bug where an enemy has basically no animation and texture on him so that the uniforms do not render? This happens from time to time, although I do not know if this is on my or his end.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BFV seems to have major rendering issues all over the place.
  • Soulbreeze
    347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    You mean he is invisible to you, or the bug where an enemy has basically no animation and texture on him so that the uniforms do not render? This happens from time to time, although I do not know if this is on my or his end.

I mean invisible to me. I've seen the uniform bug in videos before, but I've never seen it before myself.
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's got to be the frostbite engine not loading visual assets. I've experienced this back to BF3, it's like the engine gets overloaded and has to drop something. Could also be setver issues.
  • M_Rat13
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    diagoro said:
    It's got to be the frostbite engine not loading visual assets. I've experienced this back to BF3, it's like the engine gets overloaded and has to drop something. Could also be setver issues.

The server did an EA. Except EA dropped the entire game....
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This for every version of BF5?  PC?  PS4? XBOX1?  Does it happen for high end PC's?  Does it happen to the beefed up XBOX1X?  I see the partial rendered team mates at beginning of a new match for my plain stock version of XBOX1.  I haven't seen the invisible man yet during on going matches though yet.
  • Noodlesocks
    2497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's a bug from BF1 (and probably earlier games) that I would guess hasn't been fixed. Sometimes I am sure it has happened to me on BFV but have never seen an undeniable instance. Got one instance of it recorded from BF1.

• TFBisquit
    1225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Happens to me occasionally. This is from the moment I bought this game in december.
  • OrionPherrit
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve brought this up in other threads, but it bears repeating: My theory is that EA/Dice prioritize environments, so enemies get rendered last — sometimes AFTER they’ve already killed us.

If you’re an oldtimer like me, you may recall past games where everything would disappear except the enemy in front of you, because GPUs & engines could barely keep up, so he was prioritized. However, Dice would rather make sure we take in the view of their gorgeous art settings, even at cost of our death. 🧐
  • TG_JAZZY
    1096 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 17
    I had an obsession with the bug in bf1, I once managed to catch it from its origin (knife animation) and let it come round to show me its full glory.(wish I had the knife animation/freeze abit longer) also about 65% OOR players

Disclaimer: education only
  • JUJAMAKILL
    284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've only seen the grey silhouette that tends to float in a stationary stance gliding along the battlefield.