Please remove Artillery Strikes.

13»

Comments

• Key2Destiny
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They need to be removed until they can have some sort of counter. And no, moving away from the objective is not a real counter because that's dumb.
  • Mensrea831
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This sounded like a good idea but it's not. Literally for 5 Minutes straight playing Breakthrough it was Artillery strike after Artillery strike. Either remove this feature or up the points to use it.

It is an area of effect...you may kill what 1-2 people.with it for 17k points. Its mainly useful for keeping people away from a point or weakening it before you go in. As arty should do. There is nothing wrong with it.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    902 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They need to be removed until they can have some sort of counter. And no, moving away from the objective is not a real counter because that's dumb.

A counter for artillery? What do you suggest would be a good counter? I would be interested in your reply.
  • olavafar
    1942 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

A counter for artillery? What do you suggest would be a good counter? I would be interested in your reply.
    Here is my suggestion:
    Somewhere in the game source code...
    artilley_strike_action.setEnabled(false);
    :)
  • gibonez
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Knew this would be a huge problem, same with the v1s.

Any artillery, bomb etc that is shown in the game should be player aimed and fired. IE, human player aiming and calculating a howitzer, mortar, pilot dropping a bomb, etc.

With no such limitations it just becomes cheap and pointless spam, Red Orchestra 2 players can relate.
  • ragnarok013
    3077 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

I think we go back to a BF2 type system were an asset is linked to resource like radar stations. If you lost "X" of stations indirect fire assets are unavailable. It would also put some strategy into the mix instead of just flag running.
  • Soulbreeze
    354 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Had that in 2142 as well. People could come into the base area, explosives up your assets, and you wouldn't be able to use the commander actions for a time.
  • DingoKillr
    3514 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I think we go back to a BF2 type system were an asset is linked to resource like radar stations. If you lost "X" of stations indirect fire assets are unavailable. It would also put some strategy into the mix instead of just flag running.
    So every Squad either looses access at the same time or has it, I don't see it making much different if every Support has repair tool.  It was the commander in BF2 with a cooldown, link to cannon and lack of repair tools provide both a effective counter and reduce spam. 
  • Key2Destiny
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Unfortunately I don’t really have one at the moment other than AA being able detonate a V2 rocket mid air. But of course that’s not really a solution since AA does not exist on every map, and of course I have nothing for artillery.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    902 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 17

Unfortunately I don’t really have one at the moment other than AA being able detonate a V2 rocket mid air. But of course that’s not really a solution since AA does not exist on every map, and of course I have nothing for artillery.

Because there is no counter except taking cover in an underground trench or in a bunker. Go grab yourself a copy of the movie Cross of Iron (1977) where artillery was dominant.
  • Key2Destiny

Because there is no counter except taking cover in an underground trench or in a bunker. Go grab yourself a copy of the movie Cross of Iron (1977) where artillery was dominant.
    You know no counters except being able to be bombed, shelled by a tank, or various other means of explosives. Artillery isn't magic, it doesn't just appear out of thin air.  Maybe a Bad Company style would be best in this case with artillery being an actual destroyable thing.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    PvtJohnTowle said:

Key2Destiny wrote: »

PvtJohnTowle wrote: »

Key2Destiny wrote: »

You know no counters except being able to be bombed, shelled by a tank, or various other means of explosives. Artillery isn't magic, it doesn't just appear out of thin air.  Maybe a Bad Company style would be best in this case with artillery being an actual destroyable thing.

This thread is pointless mods please close. Ppl complaining over nothing and presenting alternatives that will never work and just plucking at straws.
  • mrtwotimes
    733 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Isn't the counter for artillery to run like heck?
  • JUJAMAKILL
    329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 18
    WTF does it NEED a counter? You see the smoke, GET OUT. Its not that hard. Sheesh, It doesn't take up the whole flag area, you can still stay on flag and cap/defend. I would imagine that not moving out of the strike area and expecting to survive is dumb.

Or do you expect to get an Artillery proof umbrella or something?
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    531 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A good counter would be artillery hurting anyone in its path, including friendlies.  This way clears areas you want to attack but stops you defending smaller areas(mcoms etc) with both camping infantry and airstrikes.
  • Hawxxeye
    5370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 18

Science fiction energy shields!
    A good counter would be artillery hurting anyone in its path, including friendlies.  This way clears areas you want to attack but stops you defending smaller areas(mcoms etc) with both camping infantry and airstrikes.

Everyone would then use the artillery to attempt to teamkill their camping snipers and tanks
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have said before and will say again for all the hate that COD gets here it’s hilarious how so many have no issue with these killstreak awards because that is what they are the artillery strikes the V1, and so forth are crap straight out of COD. It’s utter crap and from my experience gives a good team an even bigger advantage to have a more one sided match. I have to think this was DRUNKE5s (or whatever his name is) was his idea. The Battlefield series worked fine with out this crap. And people still wonder why the game didn’t sell well having to practically give it away and people still walked away from it after buying it.
    It's amusing when people say that the BF series worked fine without something the don't like (artillery, commanders etc.), and in fact those things go back to early in the series where they were highly popular.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xeNizKing said:
    Get rid of call ins period. Battlefield needs go back to basics. Rock paper scissors style of class play. Less modes. Get back to making quality maps around the flagship modes. CQ, Rush, ect instead of shoe horning 19 modes into 8 mediocre maps. Balance the game first and foremost around the 4 classes and the maps. Strip out the other fluff. If they wanna keep BR than fine but make that mode f2p otherwise don't bother.
    Thisssssssss. Sooo much this. 

How on earth we got to where we are without this being the Core of every battlefield game is beyond me. We need the original core gameplay back not this wannabe hardcore styled game (it wants to be hardcore but it isn't). We need to feel like we're playing a GOOD battlefield game again. 
    Gimmicks have been part of the BF series since forever, lots of players love this stuff, whether it's a collapsing skyscraper or a Zeppelin, it's the sort of thing which pulls them in.  The situation with all the silly game modes is different, that's DICE on a tight budget trying to look like there is new content when really there isn't.  Still, they sometimes come up with good alternate modes, I enjoyed Chain Link, and Capture The Flag, but those were in a game with better funding thanks to paid DLC/Premium, so they could do a good job on the new modes.  I like some of the "hardcore lite" elements in BFV, like little 3D spotting--the only problem for me is the short TTD which is a network performance issue.  Most of this game's serious problems are not in game play, they're outside issues like no rented servers, a weak anti-cheat, and the trickle of new content due to the joke known as Live Service.  If we had twenty maps and rented servers and those guys who go 166-1 were banned in hours instead of weeks/months, I bet a lot of players would be having a better time in BFV.
  • Legarhead
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Umbrella....