Weekly Debrief

UK servers [Megathread]

Comments

• BillBailey0
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So this is a giant cockup then, that needs sorting globally.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6756 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @CowboyBobcat

If your interested in more info there's a very detailed thread that covers hit reg and a lot of the netcode functionality. It's based on BF1, but should still be 99.99% relevant to BFV.

DICE netcode engineer was very active and responsive in this thread. The best resource on BF1+ netcode.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/58255/hit-detection/p1

Good stuff starts here onward.
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/732253/#Comment_732253
  • 1Hairy-Gorilla
    245 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Last night I just had enough, ping of around 30, shooting at a guy I miss hitting the air and I get a the kill, next guy I see hit markers lots of them but die screen says I did 160 damage, every time I hear a one shot I'm dead, some players seem to take more hits than others to die, headshots not counting when the only thing you can see is their heads. Its just tiresome, even when your doing well its such a struggle to have fun in this game.
  • idk1233211
    632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 17
    cant they even just run atleast one GB server for every game mode?

like jesus crist it will ease alot of stress on people trying to have  agood game. i hate ea so much.
  • M_Rat13
    1314 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Epthy said:
    cant they even just run atleast one GB server for every game mode?

like jesus crist it will ease alot of stress on people trying to have  agood game. i hate ea so much.

EA is the kind of company to leave a **** in the middle of your living room, then walk back to their house, leaving you (Dice) to clean up their mess, except they also took everything you might of used to clean up the mess, so now you also have to use your bare hands too.
  • 1Hairy-Gorilla
    245 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Epthy said:
    still no official responce from ea. WOW.
    Really? I posted on May 10th. 

The Data Center was moved from the London Data Center to the Frankfurt Data Center.
    Here's some details that were shared with me by the Dev team.

Part of the issue that created the need to do this was the fact we have too many experiences in BFV right now - too many modes splitting the base. 
    (This is, unfortunately, one of the reasons Duo was removed from Firestorm.)

Average ping during peak is 31.19ms when connecting through the Frankfurt Data Center. 
    Off-peak connections in EU connect through our IAD (Dulles/East US) center and have a ping of 98. 

Now, one thing I've seen repeatedly is the "stickiness" feeling of the Frankfurt Data Center.
    I escalated this on Thursday to see if there's any issues with the data center/maintenance, etc. 

And I have posted in this thread previously. It seems to sometimes get buried when the same post gets reworded over and over and spammed throughout this thread. 
    If I get any further update, I'll make sure to post it here as well.

A few posts up, someone said "I'd like to at least have a 'No, they're not coming back' if that's the case."
    I don't know, to be honest. Right now, the situation is as it is. The beauty of Amazon servers is that if we need to increase server locations and capacity, it's pretty quick. But right now, the focus is on reducing the spread of the userbase and improving matchmaking and full servers. 

-Braddock512-

Though I will not be posting here every day (as the above information IS the latest information I have, I have been consistently making the case for the community with the team. 
    If I get any NEW information or better news, I will share it here. 

-Braddock512-

The game plays so badly for me, Last night I just had enough, shooting the air next to the guy standing still I get a kill, shooting at the next guy hit markers for days I do 166 damage and I die... I mean 30ms ping isn't the best but shouldn't need to be leading shots at ppl standing still! bullets hitting heads but not counting towards headshots is also nice! Also every time I die I hear 1 shot and dead, some players takes more shots to kill than others it gets tiresome. On Xbox if it matters and from the UK.

• M_Rat13
    1314 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JPhysics said:
    @CowboyBobcat

If your interested in more info there's a very detailed thread that covers hit reg and a lot of the netcode functionality. It's based on BF1, but should still be 99.99% relevant to BFV.

DICE netcode engineer was very active and responsive in this thread. The best resource on BF1+ netcode.

I remember that post, its very informative and worth reading the feedback given. 
    -
    The thing is, thats for BF1, for example:
    "We focused quite a lot on making it very responsive for low ping players. "  This is definitely not the case for low ping players on the Frankfurt servers right now, and what frustrates everyone is that they aren't interacting with community here for BFV on the matter.  Instead the community manger has past on what I consider minimal information upon an issue that was risen a full month ago now.

Well BF1 is the exception to the rule. BF4 for example was even worse for bugs in it's first year, but people love that game....
  • BillBailey0
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 only improved when Dice LA took over.
  • grrlpurple
    824 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Literally thrown my controller down in a tantrum tonight. German servers are a mess as soon as one 3 digit ping player joins. Shooting for pathetic hit markers and getting insta-melted by every conceivable gun is not fun. Some evenings it isn't worth playing this and it was never as bad as this when we had UK servers.
  • KPNuts74
    501 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    grrlpurple wrote: »
    Literally thrown my controller down in a tantrum tonight. German servers are a mess as soon as one 3 digit ping player joins. Shooting for pathetic hit markers and getting insta-melted by every conceivable gun is not fun. Some evenings it isn't worth playing this and it was never as bad as this when we had UK servers.

Just change server.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6756 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    JPhysics said:
    @CowboyBobcat

I remember that post, its very informative and worth reading the feedback given. 
    -
    "We focused quite a lot on making it very responsive for low ping players. "  This is definitely not the case for low ping players on the Frankfurt servers right now, and what frustrates everyone is that they aren't interacting with community here for BFV on the matter.  Instead the community manger has past on what I consider minimal information upon an issue that was risen a full month ago now.

As far as I'm aware the Netcode is the same. What they had for BF1 was used in BFV. I'm sure there were some tweaks, but the whole of it is the same.

Frankfurt is either overburdened by HP's and unstable connections or there's an issue at the data center itself.
  • GeorgyRommel
    24 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 said:

Just change server.
    Not OP

I come across 3 digit pings on every German server I play and at all times of the day.
  • KPNuts74
    501 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 said:

Just change server.

Not OP

I come across 3 digit pings on every German server I play and at all times of the day.

I play 3 hours a day everyday and happened once so far this week.
  • GeorgyRommel
    24 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 said:
    KPNuts74 said:

Just change server.

Not OP

First game of the night. PS4

• JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JPhysics said:

Rev0verDrive said:
    @CowboyBobcat

-

As far as I'm aware the Netcode is the same. What they had for BF1 was used in BFV. I'm sure there were some tweaks, but the whole of it is the same.

Frankfurt is either overburdened by HP's and unstable connections or there's an issue at the data center itself.

That's the feeling I get. I've read your posts in the past and you have far more knowledge of this area than I do, so I can only reflect upon my 1st hand experiences as opposed to knowing why at any deeper level.
  • Rev0verDrive
    JPhysics said:
    JPhysics said:

Rev0verDrive said:
    @CowboyBobcat

-

That's the feeling I get. I've read your posts in the past and you have far more knowledge of this area than I do, so I can only reflect upon my 1st hand experiences as opposed to knowing why at any deeper level.

Well Free RSP is coming. So testing should be a walk in the park. Just kick anyone with a ping over 80ms. If the game runs smooth as balls you pretty much have the answer. You could additional testing by having a butt load of HP's join. You'll eventually find the tipping point.
  • KPNuts74
    KPNuts74 said:

GeorgyRommel wrote: »
    KPNuts74 said:

Just change server.

Not OP

First game of the night. PS4

Maybe there are less out of region players in TDM then.
  • digga11
    769 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    GrumbleSG9 wrote: »
    ackers75 said:

Selfishly looking on the bright side, having to play in the Frankfurt servers flagged up an issue with my connection. I had no apparent issues playing in the UK servers but in the Frankfurt ones I kept getting the latency variation icon. Phone call to my ISP and a shiny new router later and no more latency variation icon. Yay! There are still issues with hit reg & the like but at least my connection is no longer a culprit.

Are you a virgin uk customer?
    Many years ago but we ditched them in favour of BT, then ditched them in favour of PlusNet. Connection, stability & throttling-wise Virgin were the worst of them. Not sure what they're like now but we'd a 'mare of a time with them throttling the speeds back then.

They are pretty good now to be fair.
    Was only asking because many virgin hub 3 users have issues with ping spikes and packet loss due to the crappy puma chipset in it.

Thought the puma issue got sorted with a firmware update a while ago. I had this issue and got the update and it sorted it out.
    I always stick the VM box in modem mode and use my own ASUS router with merlin firmware.
  • ackers75
    2446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    digga11 wrote: »
    ackers75 wrote: »
    ackers75 said:

Selfishly looking on the bright side, having to play in the Frankfurt servers flagged up an issue with my connection. I had no apparent issues playing in the UK servers but in the Frankfurt ones I kept getting the latency variation icon. Phone call to my ISP and a shiny new router later and no more latency variation icon. Yay! There are still issues with hit reg & the like but at least my connection is no longer a culprit.

Are you a virgin uk customer?
    Many years ago but we ditched them in favour of BT, then ditched them in favour of PlusNet. Connection, stability & throttling-wise Virgin were the worst of them. Not sure what they're like now but we'd a 'mare of a time with them throttling the speeds back then.

They are pretty good now to be fair.
    Was only asking because many virgin hub 3 users have issues with ping spikes and packet loss due to the crappy puma chipset in it.

Thought the puma issue got sorted with a firmware update a while ago. I had this issue and got the update and it sorted it out.
    I always stick the VM box in modem mode and use my own ASUS router with merlin firmware.

Seems people are still having issues.
    Especially gamers.
    I do the same as yourself and use my asus WiFi router
This discussion has been closed.