Flanking tips and guides.

GrillyMcCheese
postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited May 18
Hey guys! I was wondering how to get better at flanking and getting behind an opponent in Battlefield 5 (PS4). Any tips and tricks would help. Also can u guide me how to defend a flank on urself and how to get maximum kills during a successful flank? Any help would be much appreciated. Thnx in advance :)

Comments

• superteds
    1110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    don't shoot at the first thing you see i guess, people keep messing that bit up.
  • M_Rat13
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Some general rules that work in any battlefield, plus 1 for this game:
    1. Use cover. Anything you can hide behind, and jump from one position to the next.
    2. Terrain. Stick to the low ground generally to stay below enemy sight lines, but if the enemies aren't watching the high ground, use that too.
    3. Know your weapon. Find positions that best favour your weapon. So CQC guns need to get close, and preferably you should use them from building to building, but longer range guns can sit back, and use a ridgeline to poke then hide constantly.
    4. Always shoot the enemy at the back of a group, so their allies don't see them die. People rarely check behind them.
    5. Crouch sprint. Applies only to this game, but crouching keeps you lower to the ground, so you are harder to spot, and quieter, but being able to sprint now while crouching means it doesn't really have any downsides now.
    That's really the basics, but the best way to improve is to analyse your failures, and ask what mistake that you made that killed you.
  • M_Rat13
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    superteds said:
    don't shoot at the first thing you see i guess, people keep messing that bit up.

That's a good point. If enemies start swarming a point you are on, get off the point, wait for them to cap, then when they zerg to the next one (which they will, nobody ever stays on objectives if they don't know someone's on it), sneak up behind them and take them out, working on their rear to their front. It's especially good becuase you know your allies have their attention up front.
  • StealthAria
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    superteds said:

That's a good point. If enemies start swarming a point you are on, get off the point, wait for them to cap, then when they zerg to the next one (which they will, nobody ever stays on objectives if they don't know someone's on it), sneak up behind them and take them out, working on their rear to their front. It's especially good becuase you know your allies have their attention up front.
    They often run to the next even if they can plainly see they only barely took the point.  Most don't even care when they start losing objectives either, they just want to farm kills.
  • manowar71
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not for Fortress. You can't flank.
  • Rufusw5
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    superteds wrote: »

This... I still repeatedly fall onto that trap even though I know I shouldn't.. Usually at least 2 or 3 people together, easier to win the engagement if you know where they all are rather than shoot one then have to think fast.
  • superteds
    1110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Rufusw5 said:
    superteds wrote: »

This... I still repeatedly fall onto that trap even though I know I shouldn't.. Usually at least 2 or 3 people together, easier to win the engagement if you know where they all are rather than shoot one then have to think fast.
    Yep - for a good flank i'd go for something like this;

1 - plan where you want to end up, and how to get there while attracting the minimum of attention
    2 - on the way, mentally note players/tanks that you come across, and their rough position
    3 - when you get there go for whatever objective you arrived for, set up for a safe spawn point or start working your way back through the enemy. Always shoot the ones at the back first, and if you have enough thinking space get the medics before other players! Once you start killing don't stop moving, because the respawns will come looking for you.

oh and keep checking the sky - you might think you've got through unspotted but watch out for flares.

this can all be ruined by a well-meaning (or un-thinking) squad mate spawning on you and lighting everything up though!