Is BFV the worst?

Comments

• mudpig44
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mudpig44 said:
    For me it is by far. It had so much promise. But it's just a complete trainwreck.

Completely unbalanced. Accurate fire with light machine guns more than a hundred metres is completely wrong. Killing people with shotguns from more than a hundred meters is laughable. The same with outshooting rifleman from a distance with a pistol. Unbelievable.

List your most hated points on this game. Hopefully someone from Dice will read it before releasing the next game.
    It's far from a complete train wreck.  With the exception of the poor network performance the game itself isn't that bad, it's the issues outside the game like no rented servers and Live Service that are holding it back.

Accurate fire from a light machine gun at more than a hundred meters is completely wrong?  You don't know what you're talking about, the Bren gun was used for accurate fire up to a thousand meters, you should really do some reading before you sound off on issues like that.

I've never been killed with a shotgun at that range in this game, are you sure you have?  Long-range pistol shots are annoying, in some cases they come from players who seem like they might be getting some outside help.  On the other hand I once got a kill with the scoped magnum from the TV tower to Hilltop on the Caspian Border map, so who knows?

My BFV dislikes haven't changed--no rented servers (so far), little new content due to Live Service, weak anti-cheat, poor network performance.  And yet I can still have fun in this game, just like lots of other games with significant flaws.  BFV isn't the game it could have been, but it's not the disaster you paint it as being, and certainly not for the reasons you list.

Um yep pretty sure I'm aware that light machine guns especially during wwII at distance were suppressive. Anyway it's not an issue with me when hearing 20 or 30 rounds fly past and you get knocked with 4 rounds out of the 30 and die. It's an issue when from a long distance when you get killed with 3 or 4 rounds only being fired. That's when it's BS.
  • GVlXxf
    488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the game itself isn't bad, but anti cheating in BFV is so garbage, and large that make the game bored and get normal players angry or unfair in gaming experience.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
     I didn't like 2142 very much and never played Hardline, but i'd say yes, its the worst. I've played them all since BF2 and for me this one is the worst. Or at least as un fun as 2142 was for me. 
     I still like BFV over a COD game or battle royale game though. 
  • Raspu71nG
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    worst ever

infantry game is a joke
    ----------------------------

all i see on xbox
    - left right spamming while shooting
    - they get hit and they go prone on their back and start shooting.
    - strong aim assist, it follows the enemy automatically, what a joke.

they should remove auto aim assist.
    going prone and spamming left and right should have a huge penalty.

air gameplay is also a joke.
    ---------------------------------

next patch i bet you dice will reduce the bombers turning speed instead of increasing the fighter turning speed. :neutral:

• KPNuts74
    784 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Raspu71nG wrote: »
    worst ever

infantry game is a joke

all i see on xbox
    - left right spamming while shooting
    - they get hit and they go prone on their back and start shooting.
    - strong aim assist, it follows the enemy automatically, what a joke.

they should remove auto aim assist.
    going prone and spamming left and right should have a huge penalty.

air gameplay is also a joke.

next patch i bet you dice will reduce the bombers turning speed instead of increasing the fighter turning speed. :neutral:

The infantry gunplay is the best I have known. You just need practice.
  • mudpig44
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    ragnarok013 said:
    Hardline was the worst ever Battlefield in my opinion but I'm sure the 12 people who play it worldwide will disagree with me.

I loved it. Bullet damage was best of the series.  Well was better then after DICE nerfed my M60 on Bad Company 2 twice.  That ticked me off.  Still got over 10k+ kills with it.  Shame people didn't scoop up the free premium maps every other month on XBOX with deals with gold for Hardline. 
    For the worst it has to be BF1 for me.  BF1 I got maybe 50 or 60 hours in it.  Runner up maybe Bad Company 1.  I didn't like the old house rules of you can only spawn on the squad leader.  That was a pain for rush.  Story mode was good though for a few laughs. 
    BF3 was okay and got worse as time went on with all the nerfs and glitches in maps.  I remember that close quarters DLC maps people glitching all over.  Also DICE nerfed the destruction. I remember people falling into and under the ground on BF3 beta Metro.
    Back to Hardline not shining enough for some is probably cause GTA5 remastered for PS4/XBOX1 came out like a couple weeks after.  So people traded in Hardline for money towards GTA5 pretty much.  Was just bad timing for release.

BESTBad Company 2/NAM expansionBF2BF2MCBF4HardlineBF5
    1943Bad Company 1BF3BF1
    Battlefield HeroesBattlefield free to playWORST
    Hopefully Bad Company 3/BF6 gives Bad Company 2 a run for its money next year on next generation consoles.  I'll be busting out my sexy M60 once again.  Or bopping people on the head with the helicopter.  hahahahahah  Or MCOMM bashing....  Shenanigans....  Besides plenty of beer popping.

Sorry Graw you lost any credibility and the option to vote by still having BFV higher than BF3. Haha
  • MG42AttackCamper
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I started playing MP with BF3,  and I played all the titles to this date. I still say BF3 was the best. BF V is cool in my book, too coz I have my Mighty MG-42 ;). Loving to shred the hell out of the enemy with it ;) I must also mention my beautiful betties with which I currently have over 2k kills ;).   
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mudpig44 said:
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    ragnarok013 said:
    Hardline was the worst ever Battlefield in my opinion but I'm sure the 12 people who play it worldwide will disagree with me.

I loved it. Bullet damage was best of the series.  Well was better then after DICE nerfed my M60 on Bad Company 2 twice.  That ticked me off.  Still got over 10k+ kills with it.  Shame people didn't scoop up the free premium maps every other month on XBOX with deals with gold for Hardline. 
    For the worst it has to be BF1 for me.  BF1 I got maybe 50 or 60 hours in it.  Runner up maybe Bad Company 1.  I didn't like the old house rules of you can only spawn on the squad leader.  That was a pain for rush.  Story mode was good though for a few laughs. 
    BF3 was okay and got worse as time went on with all the nerfs and glitches in maps.  I remember that close quarters DLC maps people glitching all over.  Also DICE nerfed the destruction. I remember people falling into and under the ground on BF3 beta Metro.
    Back to Hardline not shining enough for some is probably cause GTA5 remastered for PS4/XBOX1 came out like a couple weeks after.  So people traded in Hardline for money towards GTA5 pretty much.  Was just bad timing for release.

BESTBad Company 2/NAM expansionBF2BF2MCBF4HardlineBF5
    1943Bad Company 1BF3BF1
    Battlefield HeroesBattlefield free to playWORST
    Hopefully Bad Company 3/BF6 gives Bad Company 2 a run for its money next year on next generation consoles.  I'll be busting out my sexy M60 once again.  Or bopping people on the head with the helicopter.  hahahahahah  Or MCOMM bashing....  Shenanigans....  Besides plenty of beer popping.

Sorry Graw you lost any credibility and the option to vote by still having BFV higher than BF3. Haha
    BF3 got lame with each patch.  Most the weapons were nerfed and took longer to kill.  It started out decent then got worse for me.  Only reason I got that many hours in it is cause there wasn't many other good shooters out at the time.  But once MOH Warfighter came out I never touched BF3 again.  Warfighter was way better till EA killed it off.  BF3 was the last time I bought premium full price.  They had map packs to far apart.  I told my BEER clan back then. 
    Yeah we fork out money in advance for DLC we may not even like or wait long enough to play.  I was right I played FAR CRY 3 and GTA5 and Medal of Honor Warfighter or went back to Bad Company 2.  I came back a little bit for each map pack but was to little to late.  Last time I paid full price for premium.  BF4 premium I got it 50% off on Black Friday.  I didn't buy premium for Hardline or BF1.  They became free.
  • aseveredfoot
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Eh, I played Bf4, bf1 and bfv all on the same day over the weekend. By far BFV has the best gunplay. Somewhere between the intuitive feel of BF1 and the more nuanced of BF4/3, without the irritating tapfire meta.

But I'm no apologist. My biggest issue is just that on the whole, it's an underwhelming experience. It doesn't feel like you're in WW2. There isn't much to do or work for.

And yeah, it's petty buggy and feels more like a beta than a finished game.
  • globalchaos_1984
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BFV is definitely weakest of all the Battlefields even Hardline.
  • Key2Destiny
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Clearly nobody has played Battlefield Play4Free as that one is easily the worst Battlefield game, and it's actually pay to win.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BFV is definitely weakest of all the Battlefields even Hardline.
    Hardline is actually awesome.  Best bullet damage for the entire franchise.  Didn't even have to play hardcore cause people dropped fast.  I hate shooters where the gun fights are long drawn out.
  • ninja_y2k
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yes . But BF3 and BF4 also had multiple issues .
    Yes they had issues, but they were mainly technical. The main issue with BF5 is, it's just not fun!!!
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    ninja_y2k said:
    Yes . But BF3 and BF4 also had multiple issues .
    Yes they had issues, but they were mainly technical. The main issue with BF5 is, it's just not fun!!!
    I couldn't stand suppression assists for BF3/BF4. 
  • IRainer_Wahnsinn
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Clearly nobody has played Battlefield Play4Free as that one is easily the worst Battlefield game, and it's actually pay to win.
    I did and came to the same conclusion (including the P2W aspect). Battlefield Play4Free is definately the worst game of the whole sequel.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    Play4Free was weird. It was released at a time when EA was experimenting with free-to-play titles. Some of EA's other free-to-play titles, like NFS World and Battlefield Heroes, did pretty well early on, but they got progressively more pay-to-win, until people stopped playing them ... they were eventually shut down.

Play4Free, on the other hand, was designed to be pay-to-win at the start.

EA does have a few free-to-play titles right now. Apex Legends is their most successful yet. They even have a new free-to-play NFS game right now, though its limited to South Korea and Japan ... not to mention that it still has the atrocious autodrift nonsense handling model they've been forcing on to us since 2010.

On a side note, I miss NFS World, and even Battlefield Heroes to some extent ... 
  • Key2Destiny
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Play4Free was weird. It was released at a time when EA was experimenting with free-to-play titles. Some of EA's other free-to-play titles, like NFS World and Battlefield Heroes, did pretty well early on, but they got progressively more pay-to-win, until people stopped playing them ... they were eventually shut down.

Play4Free, on the other hand, was designed to be pay-to-win at the start.

EA does have a few free-to-play titles right now. Apex Legends is their most successful yet. They even have a new free-to-play NFS game right now, though its limited to South Korea and Japan ... not to mention that it still has the atrocious autodrift nonsense handling model they've been forcing on to us since 2010.

On a side note, I miss NFS World, and even Battlefield Heroes to some extent ... 
    I just find it weird how people say BF5 is the worst Battlefield game when it seems like people keep forgetting Play 4 Free exists. I'm not saying BF5 is a good game (far from it actually) but I doubt many of the people using the forums actually played P4F and are relatively new to Battlefield franchise especially when they say stuff like BF4 is the best BF game so that might have something to do with it.
  • RichardSinerface
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Steaming pile of ___________   (blank is too long only needs 4 letters)

Not a good fun engaging game. Can't even say its a pretty game either with all the visibility issues that may or may not be fixed soon. But it does have micro-transactions!! 
    BF5 is not fun in the way that most other BF games have been. 
  • saxo101
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes so far I find it hard at time when telling the difference from a downed enemy rolling around waiting to be rived to a guy on his back with a lmg moving about. You have to have a good look to tell if he's alive or is bleeding out
  • sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    saxo101 said:
    Yes so far I find it hard at time when telling the difference from a downed enemy rolling around waiting to be rived to a guy on his back with a lmg moving about. You have to have a good look to tell if he's alive or is bleeding out
    Just do what the police in my home state of Victoria, Australia do. Shoot first, ask later.