Weekly Debrief

UK servers [Megathread]

Comments

• digga11
    769 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    digga11 wrote: »
    GrumbleSG9 wrote: »
    ackers75 said:

Selfishly looking on the bright side, having to play in the Frankfurt servers flagged up an issue with my connection. I had no apparent issues playing in the UK servers but in the Frankfurt ones I kept getting the latency variation icon. Phone call to my ISP and a shiny new router later and no more latency variation icon. Yay! There are still issues with hit reg & the like but at least my connection is no longer a culprit.

Are you a virgin uk customer?
    Many years ago but we ditched them in favour of BT, then ditched them in favour of PlusNet. Connection, stability & throttling-wise Virgin were the worst of them. Not sure what they're like now but we'd a 'mare of a time with them throttling the speeds back then.

They are pretty good now to be fair.
    Was only asking because many virgin hub 3 users have issues with ping spikes and packet loss due to the crappy puma chipset in it.

Thought the puma issue got sorted with a firmware update a while ago. I had this issue and got the update and it sorted it out.
    I always stick the VM box in modem mode and use my own ASUS router with merlin firmware.

Seems people are still having issues.
    Especially gamers.
    I do the same as yourself and use my asus WiFi router

You had to be on the highest package to get the new firmware when I got the router as I wouldn’t renew my contract or accept the router till I new the issue was sorted.
    The tech guy I spoke too said it was getting roll out to the lower packages later.
    I even used a broadband monitor to check for spikes and didn’t see any.
    If you have a decent connection and can throttle it with your router it helps with buffer bloat that can cause issues aswell.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1605 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 18
    JPhysics said:
    @CowboyBobcat

If your interested in more info there's a very detailed thread that covers hit reg and a lot of the netcode functionality. It's based on BF1, but should still be 99.99% relevant to BFV.

DICE netcode engineer was very active and responsive in this thread. The best resource on BF1+ netcode.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/58255/hit-detection/p1

Good stuff starts here onward.
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/732253/#Comment_732253
    I remember that post, its very informative and worth reading the feedback given. 
    -
    The thing is, thats for BF1, for example:
    "We focused quite a lot on making it very responsive for low ping players. "  This is definitely not the case for low ping players on the Frankfurt servers right now, and what frustrates everyone is that they aren't interacting with community here for BFV on the matter.  Instead the community manger has past on what I consider minimal information upon an issue that was risen a full month ago now.

Frankfurt is either overburdened by HP's and unstable connections or there's an issue at the data center itself.
    No *removed*
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • Prep768
    3440 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Played a few rounds last night. It felt clunky, stuttering all over the shop. Went and played bf1 on a 🇩🇪 server and it was night & day. Smooth, no glitches, Minecraft trees or stuttering

Odd

• ackers75
    2446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 said:

Selfishly looking on the bright side, having to play in the Frankfurt servers flagged up an issue with my connection. I had no apparent issues playing in the UK servers but in the Frankfurt ones I kept getting the latency variation icon. Phone call to my ISP and a shiny new router later and no more latency variation icon. Yay! There are still issues with hit reg & the like but at least my connection is no longer a culprit.

Are you a virgin uk customer?
    Many years ago but we ditched them in favour of BT, then ditched them in favour of PlusNet. Connection, stability & throttling-wise Virgin were the worst of them. Not sure what they're like now but we'd a 'mare of a time with them throttling the speeds back then.

They are pretty good now to be fair.
    Was only asking because many virgin hub 3 users have issues with ping spikes and packet loss due to the crappy puma chipset in it.

Thought the puma issue got sorted with a firmware update a while ago. I had this issue and got the update and it sorted it out.
    I always stick the VM box in modem mode and use my own ASUS router with merlin firmware.

Seems people are still having issues.
    Especially gamers.
    I do the same as yourself and use my asus WiFi router

You had to be on the highest package to get the new firmware when I got the router as I wouldn’t renew my contract or accept the router till I new the issue was sorted.
    The tech guy I spoke too said it was getting roll out to the lower packages later.
    I even used a broadband monitor to check for spikes and didn’t see any.
    If you have a decent connection and can throttle it with your router it helps with buffer bloat that can cause issues aswell.

Yeah was on the top package due to my brother working there and getting it cheap.
    I used to get a ton of spikes that’s why I was advised by my brother to get a WiFi router.

• BillBailey0
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    On tonight, was really good until two high pingers (190 to 340 fluctuating) came on, weirdly they were 61 and 80 for zero at the end of the game, both low rank.
  • Delta245
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 19
    Lag compensation is horrible right now, definitely benefits higher & fluctuating ping (anything above 70) Noticing it a lot more now that servers and player counts are dwindling down. Servers just seem really unstable, especially on Hamada.
    Post edited by Delta245 on
  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Damn, I watched broken machine last night and he was doing Ok, and I know he was having the same issues as mentioned here. I'll give it a go later but if it's still not great I'll probably look to trade it in.
  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 20
    Have to say it was running a lot better earlier on Fortress Breakthrough, back to normal in the hour I played. Here's hoping. 
    Post edited by plasticman883 on
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1605 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Have to say it was running a lot better earlier, back to normal in the hour I played. Here's hoping. 
    Constant hiccups and amber warnings last night on conquest. 
  • GeorgyRommel
    24 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 20
    I've had the day off work so I thought I'd see if the servers would play better during the daytime. Nope, I've actually found them to be worse. It really is pointless playing now. Poor servers, high ping players, stupid bugs, random deaths in vehicles and dying without the ability to re-spawn, I just can't be bothered with it any more.
    Post edited by GeorgyRommel on
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    625 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've had the day off work so I thought I'd see if the servers would better during the daytime. Nope, I've actually found them to be worse. It really is pointless playing now. Poor servers, high ping players, stupid bugs, random deaths in vehicles and dying without the ability to re-spawn, I just can't be bothered with it any more.
    They are almost certain to be worse during the day. Less players quick matching in the middle east for example means servers are less likely to be started there which means they will then start  to look elsewhere.
  • ackers75
    2446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've had the day off work so I thought I'd see if the servers would better during the daytime. Nope, I've actually found them to be worse. It really is pointless playing now. Poor servers, high ping players, stupid bugs, random deaths in vehicles and dying without the ability to re-spawn, I just can't be bothered with it any more.

Same here going on holiday tomorrow so have today off and the servers during the day are just as ridiculous as they are on a night.

If this is what’s classed as good netcode am gonna stop gaming!
  • pj2905
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I know Braddock is a community manager, US isn't he? Is there no UK cm? If so, why can't they give us an update on what's happened to the servers? I think we all know why they've gone, cost cutting, but truthful confirmation would be appreciated rather than nothing. Hopeful (foolishly) that they'll show us some decency and let us know si that we can all make an informed decision about our future playing of this game, or not as it may be. Thanks
  • grrlpurple
    824 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Servers for Devastation Conquest and Frontlines are virtually empty tonight in the EU, perhaps because they are unplayable. 

There is zero point adding anything else to the game until you sort out the platform we are playing it on - sort it out for god sake!

I have been sticking to squad conquest as there is less chance of a high ping player with a smaller match size.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

pj2905 wrote: »
    I know Braddock is a community manager, US isn't he? Is there no UK cm? If so, why can't they give us an update on what's happened to the servers? I think we all know why they've gone, cost cutting, but truthful confirmation would be appreciated rather than nothing. Hopeful (foolishly) that they'll show us some decency and let us know si that we can all make an informed decision about our future playing of this game, or not as it may be. Thanks

You couldn’t have googled that question to find the answer? The mind boggles!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/PartWelsh
  • StarscreamUK
    7319 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Partwelsh wont be able to tell you anything different to Braddock.
  • Gazmartin80
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ea don't care about customers ...a massive two fingers to UK players!
This discussion has been closed.