Weekly Debrief

Make firestorm free

Buckfast_shooter
postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Make firestorm free! Add more purchaseable cosmetics for guns in firestorm, let it pay for itself and advertise for the base game, use those added resources to develop new maps for base game

Comments

• Vanticate
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Couldnt agree more, too many F2P well made Battle royale games. Firestorm is quality and somewhat different from the competition. My 16 year old is begging for me to pay for BFV so he can play firestorm-
  • Mr_Tinman08
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vanticate said:
    Couldnt agree more, too many F2P well made Battle royale games. Firestorm is quality and somewhat different from the competition. My 16 year old is begging for me to pay for BFV so he can play firestorm-
    Get your hand in your pocket and pay for it. In the UK it's now less than £20 and you can buy a pre-owned PS4 or Xbox disc for less than £10. 
  • KorpusDraige
    2330 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vanticate said:
    Get your hand in your pocket and pay for it. In the UK it's now less than £20 and you can buy a pre-owned PS4 or Xbox disc for less than £10. 
    I bought BFV just for Firestorm (couldn't care less for it's lackluster multiplayer and waited for it to drop to $30 before getting it). Saying that, I agree Firestorm should go Free To Play. It needs more of a playerbase and Free To Play is the way to do it.
  • Mr_Tinman08
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I bought BFV just for Firestorm (couldn't care less for it's lackluster multiplayer and waited for it to drop to $30 before getting it). Saying that, I agree Firestorm should go Free To Play. It needs more of a playerbase and Free To Play is the way to do it.
    Sort of agree with you but if it's free people are more likely to give up on it as they have nothing invested in it. With all the problems it has free players are more likely to walk away from it.
  • adamwounder
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I disagree ... we need thins game to go free ... just because I played for it does not mean I would not walk away from it ... we need player base guys ...
  • KorpusDraige
    2330 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sort of agree with you but if it's free people are more likely to give up on it as they have nothing invested in it. With all the problems it has free players are more likely to walk away from it.
    Apex? Fortnite?
  • Mr_Tinman08
    Apex? Fortnite?
    Both work, BFV doesn't. The whole game has problems. DLC is coming too slowly, game modes introduced which are either good or awful, game modes removed on a weekly basis, the list goes on and on.

Some parts of the world people are waiting over ten minutes just for a round of Firestorm to start. And before you say free players would stop that, this is in Europe, North America and Austrailia, the player count isn't the problem it's the servers.
  • adamwounder
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We need player base with a decent realistic game not just some cartoonish crap or robot's...
  • OskooI_007
    786 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If EA is going to push a live service model, they may as well make Battlefield free to play. Not just FireStorm, I'm talking base game too.

There's barely any new content coming out. Might as well make it free to play and fund it with cosmetics.

Although cosmetics sell better in 3rd person shooter games like Fortnite, because players can actually see their purchased cosmetic skins in 3rd person view. Battlefield is a 1st person shooter, so maybe cosmetics won't sell as well.
  • adamwounder
    Why not make this game so we can do both first and third person... that alone would make this game more appealing to a lot of my friends and probley to a lot around the world ... we know it's already part of the game with vechiels so why not soldiers as well ... heck maybe do it as a trail version n firestorm to see how it goes ... I think it's time to start changing sone things and see how it flys ., I love the cross platform idea but for only console's... hate playing against pc players .. found that out in fortnight ... also would live to see duos back guys ...
  • KorpusDraige
    Why not make this game so we can do both first and third person... that alone would make this game more appealing to a lot of my friends and probley to a lot around the world ... we know it's already part of the game with vechiels so why not soldiers as well ... heck maybe do it as a trail version n firestorm to see how it goes ... I think it's time to start changing sone things and see how it flys ., I love the cross platform idea but for only console's... hate playing against pc players .. found that out in fortnight ... also would live to see duos back guys ...
    Because in 3rd person you could peak cover, would probably make camping way worse too.
  • The_BERG_366
    2328 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KorpusDraige said:

so what? additional players thst are more likely to quit early are still better thsn Mo additional players...
  • adamwounder
    Korpus that makes a great point ... well in that case maybe some additional buildings to take cover in or something ... vechiels seem to get me killed more that not ... would also be cool if they would put a gunner option on the helicopter to help defend its self ... but on the other hand 3rd person seems to work for fortnight ... hate to keep using that as a example ... this is truly such a great game I would just hate to see it die ...
  • The_BERG_366
    2328 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Korpus that makes a great point ... well in that case maybe some additional buildings to take cover in or something ... vechiels seem to get me killed more that not ... would also be cool if they would put a gunner option on the helicopter to help defend its self ... but on the other hand 3rd person seems to work for fortnight ... hate to keep using that as a example ... this is truly such a great game I would just hate to see it die ...
    fortnite doesnt depend on cover or camping in any way whatsoever. fortnite has meta completely dominated by building. in a game like that it can work out.... but in a game like firestorm where you can get instant melted when getting caught off guard this wont work. you should rather compare it to pubg 3rd person mode... that comparison is a lot more viable. 
  • Ghaborszky
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Free game = full of cheaters and we already have fakin cheaters and zero anti-cheat in battlfield....
    Free game = game will die next day............
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Free game = full of cheaters and we already have fakin cheaters and zero anti-cheat in battlfield....
    Free game = game will die next day............
    Counter-point.

Paid-Game = Full of cheaters already because of poor anti-cheat
    Paid-Game = Already dying with no hope of increasing the player base

At this point they might as well try it out.  The current plan isn't working so what's the harm? 
  • FrixWasserman
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I feel the need to bump this thread because firestorm is dying and whenever I want to play I need to wait about 10 minutes just to finally drop in. Which is terrible especially if you mess up and die immediately
  • Ceph777
    250 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The firestorm population seems to be not too bad in NA on PC atm. However we could always do with more players to kill :)

The quickest we got into the plane is around 11 seconds from clicking play, watch here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrzE8VpPe80
  • Kung_Brutus
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Make firestorm free! Add more purchaseable cosmetics for guns in firestorm, let it pay for itself and advertise for the base game, use those added resources to develop new maps for base game

Agree  100%. I would be good for BF overall
  • rock1obsta
    3804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No.
    Go back to the paid premium pass, this trickle down free stuff is just not working.

Cheapskates ha e ruined this game.