1 hit =die When devs ever fix that

2»

Comments

• Jumpy-B-L
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Damage model is too aggressive for simulation (tick) rate.

RoF + damage per bullet + 60hz sim rate = a lot of weird, frustrating deaths.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    After 500 hours in BFV, I’ve had the one frame death exactly twice (by a weapon that can’t do 100 damage in one hit). You die incredibly fast, in this game, but that’s by design. Mix in headshots, and you die twice as fast.

The one frame death is real, but I also believe many people think they’ve died in one frame, when they haven’t. With the new network performance graph, you can see how much damage you take, from who, and how fast. Often when you die seemingly impossibly fast, you see that two or even three players did damage. And still not in one frame. If you experience many one frame deaths, I recommend turning the performance graph on.

I play on a PS4 Pro, on European servers, with a ping around 37.
  • wiazabi
    478 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @Ploodovic

Netgraph is not accurate and sometimes it will show strange things. 

I had it show me a hit from a lewis as 86 damage ( was no explosion ) i have had it show player ??? doing x damage and so on also the TTD fix might just make it give fake info but that part is just guessing. In 1 round i had it show 50% of my ClientHit was not registerd on ServerHit despite 20ms ping 0 packetloss and PC 60 hz server.

However in some cases it do tell you what happened in cases like getting hit from multiple people or 2x headshots and the best option would be for us to make it appear on death for like 5 sec just so we would know every time without having netgraph take up big part of the screen all round.

• Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    wiazabi wrote: »
    @Ploodovic

Netgraph is not accurate and sometimes it will show strange things. 

I had it show me a hit from a lewis as 86 damage ( was no explosion ) i have had it show player ??? doing x damage and so on also the TTD fix might just make it give fake info but that part is just guessing. In 1 round i had it show 50% of my ClientHit was not registerd on ServerHit despite 20ms ping 0 packetloss and PC 60 hz server.

However in some cases it do tell you what happened in cases like getting hit from multiple people or 2x headshots and the best option would be for us to make it appear on death for like 5 sec just so we would know every time without having netgraph take up big part of the screen all round.

If a Lewis gun is doing 86 damage, then that obviously is suspicious. Maybe the performance graph is bugged, the damage is bugged or maybe altered (hacks?). That the client hit differs from server hit doesn’t have to mean something is wrong; if you shoot at a tank with an assault rifle it registers as a client hit, but not as a server hit, because assault rifles can’t damage tanks.

Thumbs up for the suggestion about showing the graph for five seconds after you die, if you don’t want it to show all the time, while you play.
  • Deus_Vult_Amega
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EU  35 ms ping 80% off all death are ohk  or latency bugs . Iwhant my money back
  • NLBartmaN
    2952 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Shooting a full clip with STG44 level 2 in a player in FS, for him to turn around and 1 shot kill you with a MKV revolver ... just great Dice.

A couple of 100 plus pingers on the server and this will go on and on and on ...

When will they learn, understand and act, this is not acceptable and more and more players stop playing.
  • grrlpurple
    791 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm winding down now... Played BF1 every day from release until bfv, played bfv every day until now. These hitreg high ping player bullet sponge issues are agrivating and not fun. I'm now just going to play for the ToW unlock and once unlocked I'm done until the next one.
  • Jumpy-B-L
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jumpy-B-L said:
    Damage model is too aggressive for simulation (tick) rate.

RoF + damage per bullet + 60hz sim rate = a lot of weird, frustrating deaths.

On Console

RoF + damage per bullet + 30 fracking hz sim rate = a lot of controllers hurled into walls.

Yeah. I just couldn't do it. It's bad enough on PC
  • JUJAMAKILL
    284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 21
    It feels to me like the last patch has reverted to the original super fast TTK that was on release. Constantly getting killed by medics and only 'feeling' 1 or 2 shots hitting me. Especially from them damn Sten guns, even at 100m+. Tick, Tick, Dead... I am also experiencing being shot behind walls after running for cover like it was happening on release.

It wouldn't surprise me if this has happened considering how many things the last patch has broken and the new bugs that were introduced with it. Also DICE's track record with patches isn't going so well with this installment...