This Week in Battlefield V

This Week in Battlefield V - May 20th Edition

Braddock512
1289 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited May 24
We've got a new update, Firestorm tweaks and fixes, and the Visibility update coming this week. Let's get to it!

Monday, 5/20/2019
  • This Week in Battlefield V - An overview of this week's news, blogs, content, and more. As items are added or shifted, this will be updated. Keep an eye on it through the week for redirect links!
Tuesday, 5/21/2019
  • Weekly Community Highlight – Best Only in Battlefield Moment of the Week - Hot new OIB moment coming in with a new weekly winner! Think you’ve got a winner? Send it our way on any of the Battlefield channels. Each weekly featured clip will be awarded a Best Community in the World emblem!
  • Last Chance for Weekly Mission Reward - Give the ToW Mission a final push if you haven't completed it yet.
Wednesday, 5/22/2019
Thursday, 5/23/2019
  • Battlefield V Chapter 3: Trial by Fire Update #4
  • Battlefield V Chapter 3: Trial By Fire Week 9 Starts (ToW Storyline will start 2 hours AFTER Update #4 is live)
  • Battlefield V Quality of Life Tracker Update
Friday, 5/24/2019
  • Weekly Debrief - Your one-stop destination for all the blogs, videos, and major news that happened in the week.

Notes & Addendums

• We'll keep this here for any ad-hoc articles, last minute changes/additions, or unscheduled announcements.
Post edited by PartWelsh on

Comments

• Bolly_GB
    62 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cheers! Looking forward to "seeing" the new visibility update.
  • FlLLlP_KlRKOROV
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And when will the error of turning the tower be fixed? The first-person tower does not react immediately but with a delay. You even threw the video from the PC and Console. Is there any information that this will be fixed?
  • SithMetal71
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hope stuttering, crashing has been attended to
  • Robb25
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 21
    Looking forward in improvements coming to Firestorm but unfortunately duos is gone in Firestorm, so I play Pubg for duos.
  • Viagi
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Great updates in the pipes right now!
     Quick question, is Duos completely out of question?
  • Rammstone
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So the patch was supposed to be released today but its been delayed until thursday?
  • Infinite08
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hahaha visibility? Is that really even a problem? Maybe people need better monitors because I can see enemies perfectly fine. If you're that bad maybe shooters aren't your thing.

Let's get some fixes for the real problems such as constant stutters and intermittent freezes. Maybe try optimizing your PC versions of your games so your actual fan base can enjoy it. Don't forget where you got your start and which community made you guys what you are today. Stop ignoring us PC guys.
  • Anbech87
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Infinite08 wrote: »
    Hahaha visibility? Is that really even a problem? Maybe people need better monitors because I can see enemies perfectly fine. If you're that bad maybe shooters aren't your thing.

Let's get some fixes for the real problems such as constant stutters and intermittent freezes. Maybe try optimizing your PC versions of your games so your actual fan base can enjoy it. Don't forget where you got your start and which community made you guys what you are today. Stop ignoring us PC guys.

Preach. I got brightness at 100, I see fine.. At ps4
  • Hawxxeye
    5542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Rammstone said:
    So the patch was supposed to be released today but its been delayed until thursday?

Console certification time bending magic
  • Moisess29
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DICE is letting the game die with those content updates Very Late and also ignore the community I hope it does not die, it would be a great desepcion
  • lll_HOSS_lll
    53 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There is NO need for this visibility garbage. It’s fine as it is in my opinion.
  • sabootheshaman
    1100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There is NO need for this visibility garbage. It’s fine as it is in my opinion.

I am worried also. Seeing some comments I get the feeling a lot of the problems are with the OG consoles not rendering well.

I will wait and see though. I do hope @Braddock512 will give us a tasty vid before do people can give feedback? 😬
  • Braddock512
    1289 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V

I will wait and see though. I do hope @Braddock512 will give us a tasty vid before do people can give feedback? 😬
    I requested a video to showcase the changes "live". Unfortunately, one was not available. Sorry! 

-Braddock512-
  • MonicaG2016
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    you should really make that grind mode a permanent one ! just like conquest and frontlines and so on ! people actually enjoyed it
  • spateri1
    233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Conquest small por favor! You literally have to nothing. Well at least in time for the custom servers. You don't even have to make official servers, good to have it for clan battles.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    813 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi @Braddock512, just wondering if there has been any word on possible improvements or solutions to the TTD issues. 

Also have you learned why the 60Hz small game modes of BF1 have been downgraded too 30Hz in V?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. 

• VRtroper
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @ Braddock512
    I just hope that the "steal supplies to your backpacks" function does not come true.

Battlefield V has innovated in the new mechanics that I like, doctors cure and support ammunition and build. Do not make changes in that aspect.

This update I hope you have;

- Custom emblems as in BF1
    - The patrol chief can send air supplies for vehicles (with a low% of supplies)
    - Option to cancel the reanimation of a companion
    - New vehicles, everyone knows that there are created British and British vehicles that do not add up.
  • Popa2caps
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Moisess29 said:
    DICE is letting the game die with those content updates Very Late and also ignore the community I hope it does not die, it would be a great desepcion
    The title Battlefield 5 is and was boring. It's a game people play who suck at BR's. The series has been that way from 2013 or so. Also, any titles that use Frostbite won't get picked up in the mass community, they just can't, the engine sucks that bad. The long standing issue of motion blur with lights in the engine will always make it a pain to play on, plus any hardcore gamer doesn't care for all these gimmic extra features lile smoke or extra noise from nowhere.

In terms of gameplay, BF5 was worst than Hardline.

(I find it odd EA even got lucky with Respawn making Apex, would have never thought they had it in them. Also Respawn using the source engine over forstbite, like wow, they know how to make games).

• sabootheshaman
    1100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I requested a video to showcase the changes "live". Unfortunately, one was not available. Sorry! 

-Braddock512-
    Oh man, sorry to hear. I hope the change is good and the community don't go militant.
  • 24Metri
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And what is exactly camos for if you add this stupid ring of light?!  :|

Is this the immersion you where talking about when marketing for the game????