Vehicle physics are still horrible

Marcusspinner
278 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Driven a transport vehicle with a towable is still a nightmare. Just to get the whole carvam moving takes very long. When driven over terrain, the transports just bounce or fly in each direction and with the addition of the towable you get stuck behind every crack. Not to mention to manourve you towable on a spot where you want it to leave (see my other post about towables). DICE addressed plane physics now DICE needs to look at vehicles physics especially transport and/or towables!

Comments

• JUJAMAKILL
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hate how the 3p chase camera seems to be sitting too low for me to see what is in front of me. Would like to see it raised slightly so I can see what is coming. Also I hate how you can be flying along in a Kubelwagen and seemingly get hung up on the slightest little things that bring you to an instant dead stop. Especially when the you get bounced around so much just driving over flat terrain. Drive in a straight line over flat terrain, bounce off a pebble and flip sideways and stop.

O and I still hate how terrible it is to drive tanks. I have mine set to left stick forward> forward, left stick back> reverse. But so often in the heat of battle pushing stick forward makes me reverse, depending on where the turret is facing. Try to go forward, left turn, and I am reversing turning right. As I am still trying to move in the right direction I try turning the turret to engage my attacker, and as it comes past 90 degrees of the tank body, my direction changes YET again, even though I am still holding the direction stick in same position.Man it does my head in, and always ends up getting me killed. I just want the actual front of the tank to go forward when I push forward. Tried changing to steering to decouple from turret and doesn't seem to improve it.

TL;DR

DICE! Let me drift my KUBEL!
  • sabootheshaman
    1241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hate how the 3p chase camera seems to be sitting too low for me to see what is in front of me. Would like to see it raised slightly so I can see what is coming. Also I hate how you can be flying along in a Kubelwagen and seemingly get hung up on the slightest little things that bring you to an instant dead stop. Especially when the you get bounced around so much just driving over flat terrain. Drive in a straight line over flat terrain, bounce off a pebble and flip sideways and stop.

O and I still hate how terrible it is to drive tanks. I have mine set to left stick forward> forward, left stick back> reverse. But so often in the heat of battle pushing stick forward makes me reverse, depending on where the turret is facing. Try to go forward, left turn, and I am reversing turning right. As I am still trying to move in the right direction I try turning the turret to engage my attacker, and as it comes past 90 degrees of the tank body, my direction changes YET again, even though I am still holding the direction stick in same position.Man it does my head in, and always ends up getting me killed. I just want the actual front of the tank to go forward when I push forward. Tried changing to steering to decouple from turret and doesn't seem to improve it.

TL;DR

too low for you... I think the intent is to not have too much of an advantage by being in 3rd person. Fact is people already use it to peak over the horizon. So if you ask me... it shouldn't be in the game at all.
  • JUJAMAKILL
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

TL;DR

too low for you... I think the intent is to not have too much of an advantage by being in 3rd person. Fact is people already use it to peak over the horizon. So if you ask me... it shouldn't be in the game at all.
    That's a fair point that I didn't consider. However I am talking purely for transports where as the driver you can't fire the weapon. Tanks have a more overhead aerial view which I could imagine the situation you mention could pose a problem. But when driving something like the half track, most of your forward vision is obstructed by the huge rear end of the vehicle. I'd just like to be able see 5 feet in front of the vehicle's front bumper so I can see where I am driving, and also spot mines easier.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6041 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dice hasn't changed ground vehicles' physics since like BF3. You can safely say it's always been horrible.
  • SirBobdk
    4749 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
     DICE addressed plane physics 
    They sure did. They broke it and make it the worse in the series.
  • Marcusspinner
    278 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    Just to make it clear, attack vehicles have there flaws but feel manageable and do something for the team. Transport vehicle feel like a death trap when driving and there is really no control when using them.
  • Legarhead
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love it when the tank I'm in slides around like I hit a oil spill when I'm standing still.....
  • The_Violator_NZ
    534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
     I have mine set to left stick forward> forward, left stick back> reverse. But so often in the heat of battle pushing stick forward makes me reverse, depending on where the turret is facing. Try to go forward, left turn, and I am reversing turning right. As I am still trying to move in the right direction I try turning the turret to engage my attacker, and as it comes past 90 degrees of the tank body, my direction changes.

There's a setting that will fix this for you.  "Vehicle relative view" i think it's called.  Turn it off and forward on the stick is always forward.
  • xeNizKing
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice addressed plane physics? They ruined plane physics.
    They didn't just ruin them. They destroyed them utterly. I have never played a game with aircraft with more janky vehicle physics ever. A simple BF 109 feels like its about to spin out of control most of the time and I dont even fly on a super high sense.
  • IDazzlerazzle
    508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Deploying a PAK40 is like trying to solve Rubiks cube with blindfold