[Megathread] Performance issues/Stutter BF5 - PC

Comments

• MidNiteMobber
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've had this problem since release. I've spent countless hrs trouble shooting, multiple clean installs of windows, and testing with and without OC's. It's always the same result of random frame spikes. Some days there won't be any and others it's every few minutes. My conclusion is that it's either the game is broken or it's a server issue. No other games exhibit these stutters. Division 2 is literally smooth as butter. My specs are
    2080ti
    32gb [email protected]
    970 pro 1tb
    1000wpsu
    Maximus hero XI
  • Tuco_Ramirez_1
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've had this problem since release. I've spent countless hrs trouble shooting, multiple clean installs of windows, and testing with and without OC's. It's always the same result of random frame spikes. Some days there won't be any and others it's every few minutes. My conclusion is that it's either the game is broken or it's a server issue. No other games exhibit these stutters. Division 2 is literally smooth as butter. My specs are
    2080ti
    32gb [email protected]
    970 pro 1tb
    1000wpsu
    Maximus hero XI

Yeah all my other games are fine too. I posted somewhere about the randomness of it too. On Tuesday it was butter smooth. Nothing changed other than a menu update when I next logged in yesterday and it was running like a dog.
  • CSO7777
    1371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    2080ti
    32gb [email protected]
    970 pro 1tb
    1000wpsu
    Maximus hero XI
    Have you tried ISLC. This could be standby memory-issues. This gives random FPS-drops.

Made by the guy who makes DDU.

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1256

Start the program and leave it running while playing BFV.
  • MidNiteMobber
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    MidNiteMobber said:

2080ti

32gb [email protected]

970 pro 1tb

1000wpsu

Maximus hero XI

Have you tried ISLC. This could be standby memory-issues. This gives random FPS-drops.

Yes I do been running ISLC for over a year now. If I don't run it bfv definitely gets more stutters when the memory fills but I still get large stutters randomly with ISLC. Thanks for the tip but unfortunately that's not the issue.
  • Tuco_Ramirez_1
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 12
    I've got mine running lovely again.
    I blanked my pc, installed windows then updated it, then the crucial drivers then the games. Used NVSlimmer to pick away all the guff the nvidia drivers try to install along with the driver (425.31 are what I'm using for my 1070ti).
    Running at mainly high except Post processing which is on low and lighting and effects on medium. Getting a pretty much consistent capped 90 fps. Only fps drops are when you use a scope and zoom - the drops are huge if post processing is on med+.
    Also get drops on certain points of certain maps, this has always happened on bf games so I'm not stressing about it as its out my hands.

I'm not advocating formatting but it seems to have worked for me. I think I'd done every "tweak" going last time and possibly could have botched something along the way. My windows is untouched and the games I've tested run flawless.

1070ti
    I5 8400
    16gb ddr4 2666
    144hz 1440p
  • Roger8700
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same problem, a few days ago the game ran smoothly, and after the menu update, the constant stuttering began, in both DX11 and DX12.

I have ISLC installed and driver 430.53 I have not updated to the last one.

i7 8700
    MSI Tomahawk Z370
    32 GB-RAM Patriot 3200 Mhz DDR4
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Windows 1809

I tested on a secondary computer and the stuttering is even worse.

i7 3770
    Foxconn H61 MXL-K
    16 GB-RAM Corsair Dominator 1600 Mhz DDR3
    RX 570
    Windows 1803

Even with everything in bass there is stuttering, and it is only this game, since Battlefield 1 and other games go smooth in both teams that I did tests, so the problem is that after updating the menu they again broke the game or the current one Frostbite version is the one that is broken.

• TFBisquit
    1747 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't have these frequent stutters, but recently dx12 doesn't run well, with regular framedrops.
    Nothing big, but certainly not as smooth as before.
    So I reverted to dx11 ffr on.
    Fps is now more consistent around 100.
    Settings on ultra has a minor impact, but for extra smoothness I use mixed ultra and low.
    Gtx1080 with 418.91 for gsync compatible 144hz monitor. Newer drivers are not better for me yet.
  • Sk1lld
    560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For anyone wondering why people recommend the 425.31 drivers. They are WDM 2.5 drivers supported by Windows 10 Ver# 1809, Windows 10 1903 is optimized for WDM 2.6. All the latest drivers are WDM 2.6 and optimized for the RTX line of cards.
    The 425.31 are also reported the support windows scaling in SLI properly.
  • DrOconnor
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MURLAV said:
    Has anyone else have that issue?
    I have the same problem ... Displayed the in game network stats and mine occurs every time Extr Offset spikes ... seems to be related. 
  • Tuco_Ramirez_1
    edited May 12
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-driver-slimming-utility.html

This is the utility I found. It really is amazing how much added on needless drivel is incorporated.
  • CSO7777
    1371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    MidNiteMobber said:

2080ti

32gb [email protected]

970 pro 1tb

1000wpsu

Maximus hero XI

Yes I do been running ISLC for over a year now. If I don't run it bfv definitely gets more stutters when the memory fills but I still get large stutters randomly with ISLC. Thanks for the tip but unfortunately that's not the issue.
    So it's probably not standby memory.

One little thing though, I have 16GB RAM and I have to use 'Free memory lower than' at 4096 (in ISLC) otherwise I still get stutters from standby-memory.
  • justinlulu
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I found this when searching as I recently updated to 430.64 on a laptop with a 2080 max-q. My fps was basically halved. Usually 120-140 on ultra settings, now 60-80 or so. I for some reason suspected ray tracing (even though it shouldn't work in DX11?), so I enabled DX12 in the game (though it states that mGPUs aren't supported on DX11), set the DXR raytracing option just below that to off. It then greyed out the raytracing option further below. Now I'm back to my normal-ish fps. I do occasionally experience sub-second "hitches" where the audio/video skips a frame or two, but that is much less worse than the fps drop. Hope that helps someone.
  • Dal1971
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    2080ti
    32gb [email protected]
    970 pro 1tb
    1000wpsu
    Maximus hero XI

Exactly the same problem with roughly the same hardware specs as you. All other games works fine. This is not fixed. I'm going to try to go back to the 430.39 driver and see what happens.
  • RoFrezzy
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i7 8700k 16Gb ram
    As i sayd in many posts I have the same problem.Don t know if is from last bf5 patch or the nvidia driver.I don t have fps drop 110-150 depends on the map but 150 feels like 40 right now and I have 144hz
  • Tuco_Ramirez_1
    edited May 20
    RoFrezzy wrote: »
    i7 8700k 16Gb ram
    As i sayd in many posts I have the same problem.Don t know if is from last bf5 patch or the nvidia driver.I don t have fps drop 110-150 depends on the map but 150 feels like 40 right now and I have 144hz

I played last night and never dropped below 90 fps - highs of a capped 141 yet it ran like a dog. It's different every day. Something is a miss.
  • DaChileanSeabass
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same, it just went back to what is was 3 months ago. Aerodome conquest, head to C inside i go from 120 to 56fps for no reason and jumps up and down. Same with other areas in other maps. 
  • Schaetach
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Same here.But it's bit of strange at my side. From 100-110, even massive drops to 50, then 20 frames, and completely game freezing for several seconds, and sometimes nothing occurs.Everything started after 2 last patches/updates. Game is hogging my 8700k like no tomorrow suddenly. Theres more threads about same problem by the way:

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/187976/huge-fps-drops#latest

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/186635/odd-stuttering-issue-what-do-you-think#latest

I'll try install older nvidia drivers though, but as far as i remember, i changed 3 drivers, and still. Just after recently game updates, rip frames. 

• Sw1ts
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 23
    Same here,its really unplayable now for me.R.I.P Battlefield V,see ya on the next one.
  • Ethimu
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yep, a lot of massive CPU spikes - even after completing my TOW. Just great.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1640 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 24
    Same - performance is shocking. Stuttering, micro-pauses, input lag and generally uncomfortable to play. Something has been introduced in this patch to degrade the performance. No point asking DICE to fix it as they are completely inept. Even Squad Conquest which was smooth pre patch is the same.