Boys AT rifle is ridiculously OP lol

Comments

• CaptHotah
    1128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Good job on adding annother no skill prone only weapon DICE. Now the mmg users can have company sitting next to them a sniper noob.
  • NLBartmaN
    4340 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only no skill weapons in this game are the 3x scope assault weapons and 3x scope LMG's, both without scope glint.
  • Marcusspinner
    280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why didn't DICE give the rifle the ability to disable tracks, engine or turrets of a tank with the small amount of damage. This would make the rifle more a stopping weapon instead of doing small amount of damage only.
  • Art3misJinx
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Way too strong against infantry and way too weak against tanks, it deals around 5 damage to heavy tanks. Only vehicle it's worth shooting at is those cars you use to tow stationary weapons, and barely anyone use those.
    As it is right now, it's the bad recons dream weapon. Lie prone and wait for people to walk by to get those 1 hit kills.
    1 hit range should be lowered to something like 50-75 meters and vehicle damage should be upped. That way it would at least be somewhat viable anyone but timmy no thumb recon players.
  • jimbutt9
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its borderline OP and the perfect troll weapon for a camper, I would not mind it getting a nerf. It is fun to use though.
  • DerBaer1848
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    How do you get 1000xp in towable weapons or civilian cars? I've tried everything I can and nothing will work. Unless there is a bug and it's not tracking?

I used a Flak. Worked out pretty well, got it in 2 rounds
  • xKusagamix
    1110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The gun itself is fine, they do damage as they should do, it's a freaking AT gun so it's expected to 1 shot kill people. Remember how garbage it seem when it's first leak gameplay doing less than 100 damage even at close range?

But it shouldn't be in a hand of a Recon player. It should be a Primary gun for Assault with Vehicle/Tank Destroyer combat role along with the Panzerfaust and the Piat and it should only work balancely with only that specific role if DICE are even smart enough to create each difference weapon variants a combat role for a class to have.

It would work brilliantly like if a Recon class has Scout combat role with full automatic carbine/pistol carbine and only flare and spawn beacon while Sniper combat role require them to use SLRs/BARs, spotting scope and sniper decoy.

So that although we still have 4 class, but each class has two difference play style for specific roles with it pros and cons.
  • CaptainHardware
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This gun is nothing but corner camping complete BS. It needs to not one hit kill on the body at any range. No gun in this game should, I'll accept it from shotguns because the maximum range is short. A 100m range one hit kill gun? No. 85 damage maximum on the body.
  • Legarhead
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    Snipers camping getting one shot kills no matter where they hit ...good job dice....
  • wiazabi
    544 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019

Advantages
    • OHK Body up to 100m 
    • Can damage vehicles, not much but its somethin
    Disadvantages
    • Slow velocity 400 / 440
    • Very low rpm 22 / 26
    • Has to be on bipod or extremely inaccurate 
    • Deals very low damage to medium, heavy tanks and planes.
    • Goes out of ads on loading next bullet.

Most people i see ingame either did not even try it out and or maybe they did and went straight back to their mg-42, sturmgeweher 1-5 or whatever crutch weapon they used before but hey if op is correct i guess its only a matter of time before people realize how OP this weapon is and servers will be flooded with players using it. I actually cant wait to see a Tiger get blown up instantly by hmm 100 / 6 = 16.66 so 17 players on 1 team shooting at the same moment instantly blowing up that tiger, gonna be amazing to see i guess it will happen soon. 
  • Legarhead
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Each class is superior to another class based on versatility. Not one class is superior over all. Stop criticizing one specific class that’s “OP” because none are “OP”.

Medic is NEVER op....
  • Hawxxeye
    6899 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    Captan you are being unreasonable, it is a motionless target with a very low RoF weapon well within the range of your favourite skillcannon.
    Anything less than ohk at that range and it will need to lose the need to be bipoded and gain a lot more velocity
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • Player_rs688is9
    75 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s a campers dreamweapon. Laying down somewhere in cover and covering a tight spot. Another thing favoring the camper and theres alot of them in This game.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CaptHotah said:
    Good job on adding annother no skill prone only weapon DICE. Now the mmg users can have company sitting next to them a sniper noob.
    Give it a try, then let us know how "no skill" it is.
  • olavafar
    2181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No, it is not OP. The bipod is severly crippeling just as for the MMGs. Most MMGs are actually better because they can quickly kill multiple enemies. If you for example camp in a flag zone and a squad arrives, an MMG might kill them all but this rifle will typically only get you one. 1 vs 1 it is good IF you hit. If you miss the shot, you are toast as you will not be able to move into cover quickly (as you can if you miss with an ordinary rifle).

I enjoyed it quite much though. One of the few (if not the only) guns with a satisfying sound IMO. One have to use the pistol as main if one plays objectives though as the bipod procedure takes too long in most situations.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s a campers dreamweapon. Laying down somewhere in cover and covering a tight spot. Another thing favoring the camper and theres alot of them in This game.
    It is anything but a dream weapon.  Shifting aim more than a few degrees means you might as well find another spot.  It has a painfully slow rate of fire.  It isn't always OHK, even within 100 meters, e.g. if you shoot through penetrable cover.  It has a surprising amount of bullet drop, even within its OHK range.  And of course you have to be prone or with the bipod on something to ADS, which means anyone who spots you is going to eat your lunch.  The first player to kill me with one of these was DOA a few moments later when I respawned and came back to get him, there was no way he could respond fast enough to stay alive.

I've been listening to players complain about campers as long as I've played, BF, it isn't any more convincing now than it was all those years ago.