Weekly Debrief

ban mouse and keyboard

Comments

  • idk1233211
    632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 23
    Epthy said:
    1 - Block all messages from people not on friends list
    2 - People remove others from squads to bring friends
    3 - Battlefield isn't an e-sport
    4 - How do you know they were using mouse and keyboard


    And finally your post is nothing more than speculation, while looking for excuses as to why things happen...


    the question is are you going to denounce mouse and keyboard on console.

    Do I think it shouldn't happen? Of course. But you can't do a thing about it, and you can't prove who is using it or not and the next generation of consoles, at least xbox will be adding support for it.



    you could prove it  but it would be tricky, especally since bfv spectate mode is always buggy.
    I also hope mouse wont be supported in future consoles, because i want to see controllers improve more and more, in accuracy and ergonomically.
    Adding mouse support is a easy way out.





  • ElliotLH
    8399 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Epthy wrote: »
    Masqerader said:

    Epthy said:

    Masqerader said:
    1 - Block all messages from people not on friends list 2 - People remove others from squads to bring friends3 - Battlefield isn't an e-sport4 - How do you know they were using mouse and keyboard

    And finally your post is nothing more than speculation, while looking for excuses as to why things happen...




    the question is are you going to denounce mouse and keyboard on console.



    Do I think it shouldn't happen? Of course. But you can't do a thing about it, and you can't prove who is using it or not and the next generation of consoles, at least xbox will be adding support for it.




    you could prove it  but it would be tricky, especally since bfv spectate mode is always buggy.I also hope mouse wont be supported in future consoles, because i want to see controllers improve more and more, in accuracy and ergonomically.Adding mouse support is a easy way out.





    They're already supported natively on Xbox One. It's just left up to the developers as to whether a game supports it and how it is implemented if they want to offer the feature.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The real problem people overlook is M&K on console you can have it plus the Aim Assist as well.
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 23
    Cloud servers are more secure, but they need to overcome the network issues and expense factors that currently stand in the way for it to go main stream.  Wouldn't surprise me if gaming becomes considerably more expensive for the consumer over the long run with the business models which will be adapted, but it certainly feels like that will replace the console market. 
    I'm a believer of where there is a will there is a way.  It may not be apparent now, but no doubt a cloud gaming weakness will be exploited.
  • OskooI_007
    793 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 23
    The real problem people overlook is M&K on console you can have it plus the Aim Assist as well.

    When I tried XIM APEX on Xbox One X, I had aim assist on. It helped overcome the mouse lag due to v-sync and whatever else causes XIM to have more lag than PC mice.

    The only downside of enabling aim assist with XIM is it makes compensating for vertical weapon recoil harder. I had to pull down on the mouse extra hard to compensate for weapon recoil, because of sticky aim effect (aim assist).

    JPhysics wrote: »
    Cloud servers are more secure, but they need to overcome the network issues and expense factors that currently stand in the way for it to go main stream.  Wouldn't surprise me if gaming becomes considerably more expensive for the consumer over the long run with the business models which will be adapted, but it certainly feels like that will replace the console market. 
    I'm a believer of where there is a will there is a way.  It may not be apparent now, but no doubt a cloud gaming weakness will be exploited.

    My biggest concern with cloud gaming is mouse lag. A 10ms ping to Google's servers is 10ms of additional mouse lag. The added lag shouldn't be a problem for controllers, but might be too much for mice.

    I'm willing to pay extra for a cheat-free experience. I spent over a $1,000 on my gaming PC which will last about 4 years. So if I can cloud game for around $250 a year I'd consider that reasonable. Works out to about $20 a month.

    There's really nothing to exploit on a cloud gaming service. The player sends controller inputs to the server, and a video stream is sent back to them. Kind of hard to exploit a video stream.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ...So why would better resolution and faster fps make me buy a PC?
    Whatever floats your boat mate. I prefer gameplay over pretty colours...

    just for ur knowledge... more fps directly impact gamplay and has nothing to do with better graphic!
    Exactly, I can't imagine going back to playing games at 30Hz, much less playing on a TV eight feet away.  No wonder he doesn't understand the differences in performance between a console and a gaming PC.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JPhysics said:
    Cloud servers are more secure, but they need to overcome the network issues and expense factors that currently stand in the way for it to go main stream.  Wouldn't surprise me if gaming becomes considerably more expensive for the consumer over the long run with the business models which will be adapted, but it certainly feels like that will replace the console market. 
    I'm a believer of where there is a will there is a way.  It may not be apparent now, but no doubt a cloud gaming weakness will be exploited.
    There are folks in the industry who think consoles are on life-support already, that we're not far away from smart TVs having all the capabilities of a console built-in and owning a console will be like owning a CD player in the age of music streaming.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Ypsilon-Oh said:


    Turban_Legend80 wrote: »
    ...So why would better resolution and faster fps make me buy a PC?

    Whatever floats your boat mate. I prefer gameplay over pretty colours...





    just for ur knowledge... more fps directly impact gamplay and has nothing to do with better graphic!
    Exactly, I can't imagine going back to playing games at 30Hz, much less playing on a TV eight feet away.  No wonder he doesn't understand the differences in performance between a console and a gaming PC.

    Again, whatever floats your boat. The amount of straw man in your posts towards me is almost worth not responding to.

    I have a limited understanding of the differences, but I don’t pretend to be an expert on the matter like...some people.
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ypsilon-Oh said:


    Turban_Legend80 wrote: »
    ...So why would better resolution and faster fps make me buy a PC?

    Whatever floats your boat mate. I prefer gameplay over pretty colours...





    just for ur knowledge... more fps directly impact gamplay and has nothing to do with better graphic!
    Exactly, I can't imagine going back to playing games at 30Hz, much less playing on a TV eight feet away.  No wonder he doesn't understand the differences in performance between a console and a gaming PC.

    Again, whatever floats your boat. The amount of straw man in your posts towards me is almost worth not responding to.

    I have a limited understanding of the differences, but I don’t pretend to be an expert on the matter like...some people.

    hey whatever floats YOUR boat ;) ...
    don't feel offended nobody wan't to hurt ur feels mate...
    it just looks like u are ignorant af !
    u just write ur opinion but others also do so u have to respect that.

    i totally understand why ppl play on consoles but also i know why i (and many others) stick to PC.

    Because of superior input devices aka MOUSE & KEYBOARD and because of smoother gameplay (@ shooter games! i still love racing games or fifa on console)

    i just wrote that fps in fact has a big impact on gamplay cuz it seems u didn't know...
    30fps, 60fps, 100fps is a big difference
    also not many ppl got 144Hz Monitors to "enjoy" a smooth running game with ~120fps (also if u arent a pro gamer u don't feel any differece at more than 120fps)

    but belive me if u go from a normal 60Hz Monitor to a 144+Hz one u don't feel much improvements but than when u adapted ur eyes will get aids going back to a "slow" 60Hz ....

    open ur mind...
  • Turban_Legend80
    4601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Ypsilon-Oh wrote: »
    Ypsilon-Oh said:


    Turban_Legend80 wrote: »
    ...So why would better resolution and faster fps make me buy a PC?

    Whatever floats your boat mate. I prefer gameplay over pretty colours...





    just for ur knowledge... more fps directly impact gamplay and has nothing to do with better graphic!
    Exactly, I can't imagine going back to playing games at 30Hz, much less playing on a TV eight feet away.  No wonder he doesn't understand the differences in performance between a console and a gaming PC.

    Again, whatever floats your boat. The amount of straw man in your posts towards me is almost worth not responding to.

    I have a limited understanding of the differences, but I don’t pretend to be an expert on the matter like...some people.

    hey whatever floats YOUR boat ;) ...
    don't feel offended nobody wan't to hurt ur feels mate...
    it just looks like u are ignorant af !
    u just write ur opinion but others also do so u have to respect that.

    i totally understand why ppl play on consoles but also i know why i (and many others) stick to PC.

    Because of superior input devices aka MOUSE & KEYBOARD and because of smoother gameplay (@ shooter games! i still love racing games or fifa on console)

    i just wrote that fps in fact has a big impact on gamplay cuz it seems u didn't know...
    30fps, 60fps, 100fps is a big difference
    also not many ppl got 144Hz Monitors to "enjoy" a smooth running game with ~120fps (also if u arent a pro gamer u don't feel any differece at more than 120fps)

    but belive me if u go from a normal 60Hz Monitor to a 144+Hz one u don't feel much improvements but than when u adapted ur eyes will get aids going back to a "slow" 60Hz ....

    open ur mind...

    I do, and have, respected others opinions in this thread. But when I have given my opinion I get called ignorant, smh

    I stated I have no urge to play on PC, and I gave my reasons for that. If you don’t like my opinion that’s fine, but don’t insult me.
  • 24OmniTactics24
    147 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Epthy wrote: »
    ban it on console because its unfair and esports is a big joke on console. Players who use it kick other players not as good as them from squad, and if they die they send you hate mail because you killed them and they can't stand someone killing them with a controller.

    Only way to stop it is increase autoaim
  • idk1233211
    632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Epthy wrote: »
    ban it on console because its unfair and esports is a big joke on console. Players who use it kick other players not as good as them from squad, and if they die they send you hate mail because you killed them and they can't stand someone killing them with a controller.

    Only way to stop it is increase autoaim

    i suppose this could work :)
  • Art3misJinx
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Epthy wrote: »
    ban it on console because its unfair and esports is a big joke on console. Players who use it kick other players not as good as them from squad, and if they die they send you hate mail because you killed them and they can't stand someone killing them with a controller.

    Only way to stop it is increase autoaim
    Just give everyone an aimbot and no one can complain after that
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sure. Buff aim assist. Ask overwatch players how the heavy aim assist stops it.
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

    I do, and have, respected others opinions in this thread. But when I have given my opinion I get called ignorant, smh

    I stated I have no urge to play on PC, and I gave my reasons for that. If you don’t like my opinion that’s fine, but don’t insult me.

    u stated that u have no urge to play on pc yes...
    and one point was because of "gamplay and not colors"
    for the 3rd time... i just told u fps has impact on gamplay!
    but we are drawing circles here i get that.

    however... i didn't insult u in my posts...

    have a nice day
  • KPNuts74
    501 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Epthy wrote: »
    ban it on console because its unfair and esports is a big joke on console. Players who use it kick other players not as good as them from squad, and if they die they send you hate mail because you killed them and they can't stand someone killing them with a controller.

    I play on Xbox and don’t see the problem you’re describing. How do you know you are up against players with mouse?
  • Turban_Legend80
    4601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 24
    Ypsilon-Oh wrote: »

    I do, and have, respected others opinions in this thread. But when I have given my opinion I get called ignorant, smh

    I stated I have no urge to play on PC, and I gave my reasons for that. If you don’t like my opinion that’s fine, but don’t insult me.

    u stated that u have no urge to play on pc yes...
    and one point was because of "gamplay and not colors"
    for the 3rd time... i just told u fps has impact on gamplay!
    but we are drawing circles here i get that.

    however... i didn't insult u in my posts...

    have a nice day

    So if I said that you “seem ignorant af” after you had said that you are not an expert on the subject, you would take that kindly? Ok mate.

    Yes, I generalised my reasons without thinking that a white knight would take my post 100% literally.

    I never once stated you were wrong, so I don’t know why you keep repeating yourself. Of course PC gaming is a higher quality all round. But I have no urge to experience those improvements because, what you still fail to understand, is that I am happy playing on console.
    And for those that are happy playing on PC that’s cool. Hence, “whatever floats your boat”. You know what that means, right?
  • stiny1838
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ban consoles.  Just build a PC already, consoles are holding everything back.
    hmmm play on console with ok graphics and frame rate or on pc with great graphics and frames but tons of hackers. yeah consoles are holding everything back lmao

    VincentNZ said:
    Epthy said:
    VincentNZ said:
    It is just evolution. I use a gamepad to drive cars in GTAV, I use a mouse and keyboard for the shooter part of that game. The controller is an inferior input device for a game like BF. I mean you can use it on PC as well, but why should one do so? It is just logical to allow mouse and keyboard on all platforms. The sooner consoles and PC merge together again, the more every gamer will profit.

    There is no profit to players, only players who want that 1to1 feel with a mouse, you know what i say to this, go to pc if you want that profit.
    this is not evolution in the correct way, evolution is making better controllers for players. Not giving some guy a mouse, who plays on a gaming monitor, when there are so many who still use controllers on big screens.


    Yep and they will continue to do so on many games. Ever played Need for Speed with a keyboard or flown a Heli with mouse and keyboard? usually not a very intuitive experience. I mean, we see your point, but the fact that you have an option like aim assist on console, tells you a lot. This should not even be the case, and there is nothing you can do to a controller to overcome these inherent disadvantages.
    I mean, I have a PC plugged into my TV for whenever I want to play a game like FIFA on the big screen with a gamepad. In an optimal world you would just plug in your console to your desktop monitor with your mouse and keyboard and play like this. Or, if you like your couch more, there are things like the couchmaster. Really the more people use mouse and keyboard on console the better it is for all of us. Imagine having the portability of consoles on your PC or the versatility of a PC on your console, switching to and fro, playing with everyone instead of separating communities, and paying only 60$ for a AAA game, with no exclusives.
    Also with crossplay we would not be talking about Firestorm taking 8 minutes to find a match regardless of time and region.
    aim assist is for players learning to use the controller any good controller player won't use it as it makes aiming harder and shots will be pulled of target by other enemies crossing the path. why would it be better if everyone uses mouse and keyboard, by your own words for most games it is worse than a gamepad, furthermore why should controller players have to learn to use kb&m on console instead of kb&m players learning to use a controller. if we wanted kb&m WE WOULD PLAY ON PC. the only reason for kbm on console is because of the advantage that it gives less skilled players to make them feel better.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hack creators in China have already found a way to bring wall/ESP cheating to any platform by using the cheater's smart phone or other device to display a spotting screen for the game he's in.  So much for a cheat-free environment.

    What you speak of was done by having a console or PC forward the game's network traffic to a server the cheat provider ran. The cheat provider then analyzed the game's network traffic, extracted player position info, then displayed enemy locations on a top down map running on a smartphone app they created.

    - No this will not work on cloud gaming services. The player has no access to cloud hardware and cannot forward the network traffic anywhere.

    - It also no longer works on consoles, so long as the game developer encrypts the network traffic to the game server. Which prevents the cheat provider from sniffing cleartext network traffic between the client and game server.
    PUBG runs on cloud servers and this cheat technique has been used in PUBG.  Perhaps they've done something to prevent it since I stopped playing that game, but at one point it was certainly working.  Of course PUBG has taken a more aggressive approach to cheating than EA is capable of, so it's possible they did something to stop this.
  • -Antares65z
    1649 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 24
    The real problem people overlook is M&K on console you can have it plus the Aim Assist as well.
    It actually doesn't work that way. When you use something like a XIM, the whole goal of configuring/optimizing it to fit your M/K style is to reduce the effect of Auto Aim. The A-A in the game battles your natural aiming ability by making it feel like the crosshair is pushing/pulling off your target. It annoying and one of the biggest obstacles with M/K on console. Most XIM users tend to turn off Auto Aim in the game in addition to other settings. Some have figured out how to use it to their advantage. 
This discussion has been closed.