May232019 patch is the worst patch

DaChileanSeabass
155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
PC performance- Horrible. Was fine 3 months ago now its back to a framedropping stutter mess. I  Reset,Rebooted,cleaned, reinstalled drivers,fix nvidia settings, cleared standyby memory in w10. No fix. This is clearly the patch. 

Weekly Assignments- Do not put firestorm to start of any assignments. You guys have not learned anything and just keep doing it populate dead gamemodes in a dead game.   

Firestorm- Same time to find a game as old patch, they throw you in "early" and wait for others to join. You are still waiting the same amount as time as before. Remember this gamemode was only popular for 2 weeks at the launch.

Other gamemodes- USWest ping from USEast= 90| Germany ping from USEast = 90| USEast =15ping.... Algorithm for finding a match in quick match is messed up this patch. I keep getting thrown to West Coast servers on US. I live on East Side. Before patch I would get thrown in a west coast server after the estimated time was over so it was avoidable. Now its just annoying and wasting my time.  

Hands down worst patch to date.

Comments

• CaptainHardware
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm isn't part of the first assignment unless you want it to be dude. Towed weapons on every normal multiplayer map can get you the required points, and after that the bottom path is trivial to accomplish.
  • sendjes
    558 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You guys have not learned anything and just keep doing it populate dead gamemodes in a dead game.   

https://www.dice.se/jobs/

• g0merpile
    508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PC performance- Horrible. Was fine 3 months ago now its back to a framedropping stutter mess. I  Reset,Rebooted,cleaned, reinstalled drivers,fix nvidia settings, cleared standyby memory in w10. No fix. This is clearly the patch. 

Weekly Assignments- Do not put firestorm to start of any assignments. You guys have not learned anything and just keep doing it populate dead gamemodes in a dead game.   

Firestorm- Same time to find a game as old patch, they throw you in "early" and wait for others to join. You are still waiting the same amount as time as before. Remember this gamemode was only popular for 2 weeks at the launch.

Other gamemodes- USWest ping from USEast= 90| Germany ping from USEast = 90| USEast =15ping.... Algorithm for finding a match in quick match is messed up this patch. I keep getting thrown to West Coast servers on US. I live on East Side. Before patch I would get thrown in a west coast server after the estimated time was over so it was avoidable. Now its just annoying and wasting my time.  

I have none of what U mention
  • Ethimu
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I sadly got the first one - awful performance after the patch, simply awful.
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Haven't tried the patch myself. 
    Last patch already broke the game for me(performancewise). If this makes this any worse then yeah, I might have to uninstall. I only keep it in my Ssd because I'm hoping we'll get 5-10 new maps american/japannese/russian fronts one day. Otherwise it is pretty much a dead game alredy.
  • Colonel_Kilgore1
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Patch is completely broke.  I don't think they have a QA team.  And yes my FPS have been pretty good up until this patch.  They need to hotfix this.  almost unplayable.
  • 11Doomsday26
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My FPS went from 130 -140 to 90 -110 after this last patch. Nice job.
  • DaChileanSeabass
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    g0merpile said:

I have none of what U mention
    either you dont play this game or your lucky
  • SystemicProgress
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I have to say that my performance actually improved after the last patch. More consistent FPS and smoother game-play overall.
  • Dwaalledlicht
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I  hate firestorm also. I donno wich map to play for "towable weapons".... anyone know please comment.
    And your right DaChileanSeabass they really shouldn't force peeps into playing that crap gamemode ! 
  • sendjes
    558 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And your right DaChileanSeabass they really shouldn't force peeps into playing that crap gamemode ! 
    They don't.
  • 5hadyBrady
    414 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 25
    You should post your hardware specifications, drivers, and a screen shot of hardware monitoring. Show the developers whats happening on your system while you play. The developers hardly know what people mean when they say "game is running bad" or "game is running smooth" as these are subjective opinions and are meaningless without context. That doesn't mean you're wrong, it just means it's easier to provide the data to prevent users from dogpiling on the thread with anecdotes about how well their game runs.  For me the game runs poorly in all configurations.  Like I said, there are plenty of folks who are content or satisfied with sub-par performance because they haven't experienced anything better, either because of hardware limitations, or inexperience. If users post hardware monitoring graphs instead of feelings, you will see that even users who report "smooth gameplay" are in fact seeing dropped frames, GPU usage dips , CPU spikes etc. Whether or not the user actually notices this in game more or less comes down to experience.
  • TFBisquit
    1354 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 25
    Right. fps above 80 non stop. No drops none whatsoever. Yet it feels like 30 fps.
    I suppose most of us could record it with a live camera to show our fps isn't dipping and solid.
    Point is that it's running bad, without comparing it to other games or hardware specs. It used to be alot smoother, alot.
    I'm guessing here that it has to do with the enhanced shaders on soldiers, making them more visible.
  • STOPchris
    475 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit said:
    Right. fps above 80 non stop. No drops none whatsoever. Yet it feels like 30 fps.
    I suppose most of us could record it with a live camera to show our fps isn't dipping and solid.
    Point is that it's running bad, without comparing it to other games or hardware specs. It used to be alot smoother, alot.
    I'm guessing here that it has to do with the enhanced shaders on soldiers, making them more visible.
    It was smoother. I constantly have over 160 FPS and it just doesn't feel as smooth as it used to. 
  • choppernNZ
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No change for me still smooth and stable with latest patch and Windows 10 May update👍🏻
  • Niick1402
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i'm also finding it's not running as smooth as it used to be. I have freesync enabled and i get over 80+ fps at all times. My fps also got a small hit after the latest patch but nothing that makes it unplayable.
  • Wboson
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Also having FPS almost halved lately. Lowered graphic setting from Med-Low to Low and it didn´t help much.
    I7 [email protected] and Fury X. Before I could play it mostly stable 75-90FPS range, now its 45-60FPS range.
    Strange thing is, after bringing up AMD Overlay the FPS gets stable for a while and then it´s like the window goes to minimized mode and FPS drops.

I  wonder how the game would work with no option to ALT+TAB\minimize.
  • MontesJr
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This update is absolute BS. i9 9900k 2080 16GB RAM 4000Mhz, FPS dips down to 30-35(i am playing 1080)...and huge lag spikes....it is unplayable. I am going back to BF4
  • iCloverZ
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Totally agreed.. the game has became unplayable for me at same settings.. 
  • DangerousSID
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I found a problem after the patch. It seems it that my cpu usage is 100% all the time. It was that causing the stutter. i normally have 60-80% usage