[Megathread] Performance issues/Stutter - PS4

Comments

• maskedocelot
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stuttering still happens after the last patch =[

Wonder if that hair will make it into bfv.
  • IDazzlerazzle
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Game stutters for me after this patch constantly now, its even worse than before 
  • Delta245
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep that laggy kill thing is still happening, also I was getting massive screen flickering on Panzerstorm the two maps before before that everything was fine. So I know it’s not my ps4.
  • IDazzlerazzle
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • MikWar91
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My specs:
    I7 8700K @4.7
    RTX 2080
    32GB of RAM @3000 Mhz
    SSD Samsung 860 EVO 500 gb (only BF 1 and V installed)
    EVGA 650W 80+ Gold
    Monitor: Asus ROG PG258Q @240Hz 1080p

Smooth play for the first two games in conquest 64 players, then randomly the fps begin to fall. (both BF 1 and BF V)
    Initially everything runs smoothly with 130-144 fps.
    Then the fps drop to 80-90 for a few seconds and then return to 130-144.
    Fps locked with RTSS at 144 (I tried also with the lock at 239 fps but nothing has solved).
  • FranzJeger
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MikWar91 said:
    My specs:
    I7 8700K @4.7
    RTX 2080
    32GB of RAM @3000 Mhz
    EVGA 650W 80+ Gold

Smooth play for the first two games in conquest 64 players, then randomly the fps begin to fall. (both BF 1 and BF V)
    Fps locked with RTSS at 144 (I tried also with the lock at 239 fps but nothing has solved).
    Have you tried stanby memory cleaner?

https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/empty-standby-memory-fix-game-stuttering-windows-10/
  • MikWar91
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MikWar91 said:
    My specs:
    I7 8700K @4.7
    RTX 2080
    32GB of RAM @3000 Mhz
    EVGA 650W 80+ Gold

Have you tried stanby memory cleaner?

https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/empty-standby-memory-fix-game-stuttering-windows-10/

yes, unfortunately doesn't work for me 

• CrNorkil2
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same here, really bad

• KingRofty
    475 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Welcome to Stutterfield V!
  • MadRic_85
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hi!
    Seriously, this is getting worst, before this last update was good to play.Now? This new update its damn bad, i loose every single face to face battle, before this update wasnt happening this kind of bs...
    Stuttering all the time,lag,too much lag....totally makes me not to play this game and makes me angry.... no no need to tell me how i have to play.
    Im a ptfo player, 3.12 k/d so i know very well how to play.
    Dice have to fix this update, but they are a total joke.....
    I guess you all have same issues, but when i play, its feels like only i have problem, but no, problem is not at my side,thats sure.
    My opinion is, they have to stop making bf games,or make very long break.....because this is unacceptable for 60 €, yes i stupid payed for this trash....
    Thx for reading, and sorry but i am disgusted from this game.After every updates im with a big hopes it will be better, but no.......i get only a big slap at my face...
  • ps_865
    357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 24
    Me too, I have a decent stats, 1.80 kdr with 20K infantry kills, but the feeling is that I die quickly in not-fair fights, while killing with difficulties. The BF5 is the most frustrating FPS game I ever played

I play on PS4 Pro, with a stock controller
  • promoyngves
    postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi

Anyone else having serious performance drops to like 15-30fps when in battle?

I tried a quickfix for this by putting my Ps4 Pro in 720p and it gets a little better, still drops a little but not as much when in 1080 when you look out on the battlefield thou.

Please fix this! 
  • TamKingski
    1730 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Have those with stuttering on ps4 tried rebuilding your ps4 database? 

This can sort out alot of lag/stuttering/error code issues with the system. I would recommended to rebuild the database every couple months,particularly if you delete and download lots of games. 

Even if it doesn't fix the bfv stutteringl it should still speed up your system a little.

• SystemicProgress
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MikWar91 said:
    My specs:
    I7 8700K @4.7
    RTX 2080
    32GB of RAM @3000 Mhz
    EVGA 650W 80+ Gold

I don't have this issue. It could be related to your OS or hardware.
  • IDazzlerazzle
    Have those with stuttering on ps4 tried rebuilding your ps4 database? 

This can sort out alot of lag/stuttering/error code issues with the system. I would recommended to rebuild the database every couple months,particularly if you delete and download lots of games. 

Even if it doesn't fix the bfv stutteringl it should still speed up your system a little.

Please stop, indexing tool is not gonna fix the games performance or make it run faster for the love of god ! 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PS4-STILL-massive-stuttering-after-May-23-update-since-April/m-p/7890655/highlight/true#M14293
  • karnak07
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 24
    Stuttering all the time.  i loose every single face to face battle.    its' the same for me after last patch.  before patch i played without problem.   I'm on pc
  • KingRofty
    475 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've stopped playing BF V now, as the frustration is just getting too much.

Most probably will go back to BF 1, or *finally* finish Red Dead Redemption 2.

How on God's green earth did this patch get certified by Sony?
  • snip_survz
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So i downloaded the new update just like 5 mins ago, and went to play with my friend... we both realize that our game feels like 30fpsish, with fps drop whenever we shot a tank, plane or even a automatic gun... Face to face battles feels like a ps2 game. The game feels like its playing on a ps3/xbox360 at 30 fps now. Thinking the problem were on my console, i just went back to bf1 and bf4 for 1 or 2 matches, just to see and prove it: its just bf5 that lags the hell out. Sincerely, i was enjoying this game, due to the fact that most of my friends only got their ps4's late and only have bf5, so we cant play older games, but feels just sad to play this... Have you guys experienced this lags too?
    Please, dice, fix this. 
  • snip_survz
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Me too! I also like to rush the objective, and be an active player, got a nice kd and w/l stats, but the game feels unplayable now, after the last update
  • snip_survz
    I got these fps drops too! Its frustrating!