TOW disable tank gun

oOAlphawolfOo
1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
How to disable the tank gun? What weapon should i use and is it enough to aim at the turret?

I was trying but never succeded. It was easy to do the "disable the engine" challange but looks like impossible for the tank gun. 

Comments

• Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Throw some sticky dynamite at the turret.
  • Marcusspinner
    280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Disable engine is just a shot from the rear.
    Turret disable should be a hit on the turret.
    Tracks disable just hit the tracks.
  • ElliotLH
    8993 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just aim for the turret with either a tank, AT gun or the Assault AT stuff.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    I did in with Tiger I. Shot enemy Churchill in his turret 2 times and it was done.
  • Kongo030
    667 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Either get a tank or AT gun on Panzerstorm and aim as described above.
  • Legarhead
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This TOW is nearly impossible to get without just pure luck.
    I have been playing the new tank servers and shooting the [email protected]#$ out of the tanks....can blow them up but can never disable them.
  • Hawxxeye
    6872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    if you hit the tank from above with rockets and bomb you are going to break some of its parts with a good shot
  • Logosoft
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well speaking of which, there is no option to disable the actual gun. That would be cool.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6054 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Legarhead said:
    I have been playing the new tank servers and shooting the [email protected]#$ out of the tanks....can blow them up but can never disable them.
    There is no luck in disabling parts of enemy vehicles. I do it all the time when play in tank. And even for assault kids it's an easy task to do.
  • ragnarok013
    3657 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Legarhead said:
    There is no luck in disabling parts of enemy vehicles. I do it all the time when play in tank. And even for assault kids it's an easy task to do.
    Indeed, I jumped in an archer and disabled a Tiger's gun after only a couple of shots.  I disabled an engine by shooting the back deck of a Panzer 38T from the rear. It's more about strategy once you're lucky enough to find your target.
  • Legarhead
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    llPhantom_Limbll said:

Legarhead said:

Indeed, I jumped in an archer and disabled a Tiger's gun after only a couple of shots.  I disabled an engine by shooting the back deck of a Panzer 38T from the rear. It's more about strategy once you're lucky enough to find your target.

Got really lucky in the new tank battle server...was in a tank ...crashed though a wall...found enemy tank on other side that I did not see before.....hit it twice in the turret to disable it...got in it the back for the engine and then it blew up...was able to to do the other TOW easy...now running around taking potshots at tanks and blasting away soldiers with my new Boys AT 😀💥💥💥💥💥
  • Noromiz
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I managed to do it a few times with the Boys AT-Rifle but it only worked when I hit the turret ring instead of the turret, which I must add was surprisingly hard. Though to be fair, it might just have been a coincidence. 

The turret ring is where the turret is attached to the hull.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    859 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm cursed.

For whatever reason I just can't disable a turret, I've made a concerted effort but it's no good. Yesterday got nicely behind a tank, chucked dynamites on top and managed to disable the engine. Just played a round on Hamada destroying 5 tanks (most in the round), thinking my piats, grenades and dynamites are nicely aimed only to be disappointed at the end of round screen.

CC's next week.
  • Woodlbrad
    734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    Legarhead said:
    Wait till you have to get kills with tanks in firestorm i need one more been playing for 7hrs today and counting they blow.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    859 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm cursed.

For whatever reason I just can't disable a turret, I've made a concerted effort but it's no good. Yesterday got nicely behind a tank, chucked dynamites on top and managed to disable the engine. Just played a round on Hamada destroying 5 tanks (most in the round), thinking my piats, grenades and dynamites are nicely aimed only to be disappointed at the end of round screen.

CC's next week.

Quote myself.

Moaning on here got this bit done, all worth it.