Weekly Debrief

Me262

Mensrea831
59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
How would the community feel about the first jet plane being introduced into the game? Awesome? Terrible?

Comments

• M_Rat13
    1060 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Could work if balanced properly. High speed, bad turning, good TTK for boom and zoom. Also add in the Meteor as it's competition.
  • Sharkbite9204
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I made a post back around mid May suggesting the same thing. The Me 262 for the Axis and the Gloster Meteor for the Allies.

So yes, I do think it would be an incredibly neat addition to the vehicle roster.

Unfortunately, as a couple folks stated in my own post, BFV is in no condition right now to have new planes added in. (Yes we did get a new Mosquito and JU 88, but honestly that's just a copy and paste with slightly tweaked specializations) The planes are still in a bad spot right now which is why trying to add in a entirely new type of fighter would probably be more trouble than it's worth.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of situation really. DICE needs to keep fixing their game but they can't neglect their precious live service model and not give us any new content like weapons, vehicles, skins, and maps. Maps obviously being the priority content that we want. Otherwise players will leave out of boredom and aggravation, regardless of whether the game gets fixed or not.

Good job DICE, you guys really worked yourselves into a corner with this one.
  • Noodlesocks
    2888 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Would be good if it only deployed at a flag that could be fought over.

In fact I think it would be a good way to bring back vehicles spawning at flags, having unique vehicles spawn at them to fight over.
  • Jumpy-B-L
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It would be so fast that you'd cross the entire map before really being able to do anything.

If it's not faster than prop engine planes what's the point of adding it?
  • ChiefSniper
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, it's a fast aircraft and the maps are too small. You'd need a map on the scale of "Silk Road" on BF4 for it to be viable.
  • clouseau2112
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Me262 would be cool a cool addition.
    Granted, it's speed is a concern on the smaller maps, as the gent said above me.

There may be a few larger scale maps introduced in July/August...and on into the Fall. Maybe release the Me262 to coincide w/ a large scale map release
  • MarxistDictator
    4908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just want the Goblin back. I wanna fly a rocket.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, it's a fast aircraft and the maps are too small. You'd need a map on the scale of "Silk Road" on BF4 for it to be viable.
    Exactly, I don't know why so many players want a vehicle (or weapon) they think is cool added to the game when it would be nothing but a skin on a vehicle that works the same as the others.  Without huge maps the Me-262 would have to be slowed down to the point where it might as well be a piston-engine aircraft, so other than it's looks it would make no contribution to the game.