Why so many cheaters???

Comments

• -Antares65z
    1684 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It amazes me when people say "you cannot cheat on consoles" when that is what they have said for every generation, until they were modded in a way unforeseen by the manufacturer...

Can you provide some examples?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13630 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    SauITigh wrote: »
    How about the other scores?

Nope it does not work that way.

SauITigh wrote: »
    And who decides if the post is cheater related or just for show? You? How convenient...From now on i'm posting videos of "skilled" players....
    Once again you are discussing moderation, I have warned you a few times about this.

As for the question itself, Generally, We are able to distinguish a name and shame post vs a player showing off their own personal scores in game.

And yes, If you show video of
    skilled players

You will be suspended for longer since you would then be using that as a loophole to post video of suspected cheaters under the ruse of it being legitimate pro-players
    ( we are not stupid, so please don't assume we won't see through this attempt at circumventing the rules )

You may disagree with the rules, But if you feel you are unable to abide by them, You're free to just not respond to threads and posts and just watch from the sideline instead.
  • Forkbeard84
    1620 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It amazes me when people say "you cannot cheat on consoles" when that is what they have said for every generation, until they were modded in a way unforeseen by the manufacturer...

Can you provide some examples?

I’m wondering about what examples he comes up with as well. Cheating on console is very rare when compared to Pc. It is possible to cheat on comsole with hardware mods like a Titan chip that plugs in between your controller and the console. But I’ve not seen any software cheats on the console. I suppose that could happen too but its going to be pretty difficult. Man, I have a heck of a time even sharing an image file on the console. Those things are so locked down that as a user, even I get frustrated with all the things you cant do. But for just gaming they are great and relatively cheat free.
  • Titan_Awaken
    805 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Hence why I said it's "virtually" impossible and not just outright "impossible".

Nowadays pretty much everything can be hacked (not to be confused with cheating), cracked, emulated, modded etc. By the time the exploits are discovered and a mod/crack comes out, the console by that time would be quite old, to say the least. It will definitely get there, don't you worry but the question is 'When?' rather than 'If'. And even then, it takes a considerable amount of knowledge to successfully modify/hack (not cheating, once again) into a console, knowledge an average player does not possess in the least.

You cannot, I repeat cannot, compare this to the rate this happens on PC. Case in point, Hitman 2 PC with Denuvo anti-tamper was cracked in literal days BEFORE (yes, not after) the launch day. I'm serious, look it up.

I'm almost certain that readily available cheats for BFV PC existed as early as the closed alpha build. Can the same be said for consoles?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13630 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited February 2019
    @Titan_Awaken
    It appears your posts caught in spam have been released, I have removed the duplicates.

If a post gets sent for approval, please tag / message a mod and we'll get it back for you.
  • Titan_Awaken
    805 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @Titan_Awaken
    It appears your posts caught in spam have been released, I have removed the duplicates.

If a post gets sent for approval, please tag / message a mod and we'll get it back for you.

Thank you.

I was wondering why the forum ate my posts all the time. Apologies for the inconvenience.
  • ClazZie
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    its pointless... cant find a single server without bots anymore. They dont even try to hide it running around as lvl 10 doing 20-30 headshots every tdm map or insta kill with automatico from other end of map. No more EA games ...EVER....
  • disposalist
    8736 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Saw another cheater last night. That makes something like 31 in 1900 hours. Yeah loads of cheaters. Not.

Where are you people finding them?
  • Svi2
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The majority of of the players I think are cheaters do not rage cheat, if you are only counting them I might have seen about the same amount. It seems there was an increase in cheaters around christmas aswell as lots of other legit new players coming in. I did better but at the same time was killed in a dodgy way much more often then
  • rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cheating is as commonplace in-game as the trolling, baiting and thread crapping is on these message boards.
  • Titan_Awaken
    Cheating is as commonplace in-game as the trolling, baiting and thread crapping is on these message boards.

If you say so.
  • r0nin_Ts
    1410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just post videos & serious discussions on reddit. Noone posts anything serious on EA's forums anymore.
  • Sechnaill
    992 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2019
    [Political]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Sechnaill
    992 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF games are currently infested with so much cheating that it is hilarious.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2060 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think this problem will never be solve in PC games ...
    Now cheaters BF5 do not even hide that they use hacks
    Take a look this guy

I took a look, and I don't think he is cheating. His stats are perfectly legit, and he only plays scout with the M95. 300k kills over BF1 and BFV. He isn't doing anything skilled players such as Stodeh, Ravic, Fabian or Dazs don't do. What I saw was a good player with good game sense, utilising his class to the fullest. I do think that the spectator mode failed to display some ADS transitions on some quickscopes.

This is why we have no name and shame.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    edited May 2019
    ^ I concur.

He was using the flare for one,  cheaters would have no need for the spotting flare. 

He wasnt getting headshot after headshot,  he wasn't snapping from target to target,  when he shot at one guy and moved to another guy,  he didnt snap back to the first guy he hit.

Plus we have zero idea about his audio setup ( which would aid him in finding targets )  such as surround sound,  speaker configuration ( widely spaced apart or closer together ).

his game settings may be on all low which would also help him acquire targets better and see things that high or ultra settings may mask ( more particle effects etc )

Plus we all know most cheaters go with LMG on the support class so that they have larger bullet capacities and the ability to resupply themselves with ammo.

All in all,  He is just an aggressive scout that was holding his own ground with good map knowledge,  He was also looking for the 3 locations enemy players could be coming from.

I only assume most of the flags were captured by his team and so they could really have only headed towards c from 2 locations,  if D was captured by the enemy too,  that would open another path to C.

Here lies one of the reasons name and shame exists.
  • 5bulletsSLR
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EU public server these days are almost unplayable, full of aimbot who do headshots only and ESP users, the funny thing about ESP user is that they don't even pretend to hide their cheat, i saw many ESP users carrying a LMG try to shoot through buildings and hills. all I have to say is, great anti-cheating effort DICE
  • ZburnHD
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    True this game is full of cheater. I play in Eu servers and i found a cheater every 5 or 10 rounds with 100+K and 5-2 D,it's really annoying
  • eggfarts1220
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Mikex2112 said:
    Too those who are crying "cheaters every game!!"
    -
    Guaranteed if I start looking at peoples stats I would find a pattern.....Low skill/KD players are the ones crying...Am I right?
    Would bet money says I am
    Problem is is this game is basically a skill less game you just point and shoot. Its not that difficult;t.  
  • disposalist
    8736 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Just had someone cry cheat because a tank was shining a huge light at him...

Yes, there are cheaters.  I still estimate that 1 in somewhere between 100 and 1000 hackusations are about an actual cheater.
This discussion has been closed.