Do NOT nerf the boys AT rifle

Comments

• Marine_IraHayes2
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    It even needs the glint removed and the APCR fixed to be a choice to use.

Right now there are lots of weapons and classes (Assault with insane accurate 3x scope without glint rifle and lots of explosives to solo a tank ... )  that are a lot better in what the rifle can do.

This is what needs to be nerfed in my opinion. But Assault is the baby of Dice/EA and jackfrags so they will continue to be “OP”.
  • Noromiz
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    I wish I would do more disables on vehicle so it becomes a support rifle. The damage is fine but increase the amount of chance of disabling a vehicle its tracks, turret or engine.

It's possibly bugged becuase I've yet to disable any part. I even hit the engine of the little German car and it didn't register as a disable.
    I have done the "5x Disable" with the Boys, the whole point is either hitting enemy tanks at very short range to the rear or hit the turret ring (not turret it seems), hitting belts on transports seems to work too. It is a rather frustrating to do the Assignment though, but much less so than more of the Firestorm ones, I think it took me two games to do in the "Tank Maps" search.
  • ragnarok013
    3621 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    full951 said:
    I like LevelCap's suggestion, make it a gadget.
    If it's OHK it should be a pickup weapon only.
  • Kompura
    282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There is now stupid assignments also with this weapon. kill 7 enemies over 100m in one PVP round or 20 overall. This gun looses it effectiveness over 100m and is not one shot kill any more and this kind of assignment forces people camp even more, finding a good spot just over 100m. Assignment seems to be bugged also as it's not registering all hits...
  • Tr3nchdog
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019

Ya it must be nerfed

• zasers
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i would say that this gun does to much damage towards infantry but not enough on tanks ? 
    5dmg on longer range and break parts easy on short range. my thoughts tho
  • Archon764
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Don't nerf it, REMOVE it, we don't need OHK weapons in this game(except shotguns, headshots)
  • GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't see any reason too if anything players are getting worse using it. Easy hs for me.

this. the gun is very bad. it gives a 1hk but the downsides are so big its not worth using. the rof and velocity is to bad.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tr3nchdog said:

Ya it must be nerfed

I like that the way the thumbnail is designed, because you're lucky to kill one bloody vehicle with the thing considering the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ poor vehicle damage. You're really nothing but a nuisance to vehicles unless they're on low health.
  • xeNizKing
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    full951 said:
    No. Its a horrible idea. It removes the kind of play style some recon players have wanted for a while by making it a gadget because the ammo would be severely limited as a gadget otherwise recon would have two primarys as a result. They could not also reduce the ammo but add more damage because then tanks would be in a horrendous spot. It weapon should stay as it is and we should have bipod mechanics completely overhauled and dealt with. I hate bipod weapons but at least with the sniper it doesn't feel like I am just winning because I am holding down left click.

The AT rifle is the ONLY sniper in this game that feels like it has any kind of power behind it. Feels like I am shooting potatoes from a spud gun with the other sniper rifles. Dont gimp recons only cool gun (seriously the krag is overrated, its good but its just ....boring).
  • xeNizKing
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tr3nchdog said:

Ya it must be nerfed

I like that the way the thumbnail is designed, because you're lucky to kill one bloody vehicle with the thing considering the **** poor vehicle damage. You're really nothing but a nuisance to vehicles unless they're on low health.
    I've killed around 8 so far with it. Maybe 1-2 less than that. 

You kinda need to cheese it though you either wait until it starts getting on fire and such or you just shoot at it with everyone else and hope for the last hit lol
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Tr3nchdog said:

Ya it must be nerfed

The guy is laying at the top of the stairs.... why not just use any shotgun? Same effect, faster reload and more ammo. The AT aint all that.. really. The novelty will wear off just like the Melling.. . I'll go back to ranged killing with my ZH-29
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    full951 said:

I disagree. OHK weapons exist from a long time on BF. Barrett M95 on bfbc2 for eg

CSO7777 said:
    -
    A lot of people considered the sweetspot-mechanic awful in BF1. It was hated a lot on the forums and was removed in BFV.

Personally, having one-kill weapons at that distance (without headshots), will just encourage "stupid" game-play. We don't need more campers in the game than we already have.

Making it a gadget that works against vehicles and perhaps not as powerful against infantry could be a good solution. But ground vehicles has enough counter-measures already, so perhaps the weapon is one of those things, that shouldn't have been in the game in the first place...
    Sweetspot on Martini, Boys anti tank rifle and etc are fine. Why? One shot each 3 seconds. That slow ROF means that it needs to be powerful. The BF 1 problem is that rifles that fire almost one round per second has sweetspot. And MG 42 camping? Mg 42 still far more deadly than this heavy and slow rifle
  • Tip_the_Cap
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you Nerf that weapon you may as well take it out of the game.
  • Legarhead
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Ok :)
  • Tr3nchdog
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Legarhead said:

Ok :)
    Sounds good
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    full951 said:

I guess that means piat should be a pick up too then?

What exactly is a body shot in BFV? Pelvis, tummmy, chest and shoulders? Or less?
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1034 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    JackFrags video highlights the accuracy with hip firing. That has to be nerfed definitely. You cannot do that with the MMG's so easily. He doesn't even need to aim with the scope or ADS and is getting easy kills. He shot through smoke hip firing.. It needs a nerf on this function at least. 
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    JackFrags video highlights the accuracy with hip firing. That has to be nerfed definitely. You cannot do that with the MMG's so easily. He doesn't even need to aim with the scope or ADS and is getting easy kills. He shot through smoke hip firing.. It needs a nerf on this function at least. 
    That thing is not accurate hip firing.. it's barely good if and when you can get the bipod to deploy. 
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1034 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That thing is not accurate hip firing.. it's barely good if and when you can get the bipod to deploy. 
    You must be looking at a different JackFrags video than the rest of us.