The new Visibility!

Comments

• SlowOldWarrior
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So patch review..

Do I still get killed by people laying prone and doing nothing besides that?

Yep

Is the game still visually garbage and looks still 2-dimensional and flat all the time?

Yup

Is the game still overall garbage to play still and all these patches change absolutely nothing in real terms?

Yup.

Thank god Splitgate is coming out at the weekend - at least that's a shooter that knows the type of fun that pointing and shooting is supposed to be, whether it's in an arena or not.

BFV is milsim garbage made for single-digit IQ peons that don't seem to grasp the game isn't real. It's like it's made for Harvey Price or something...

"Loook its reaawl mum"

lmao

What an absolute abortion of a BF game.

Seemed like an intelligent post, I did not understand the Harvey Price reference (Yank), googled him, and still cannot breathe from laughter.  Brutal, absolutely brutal - especially considering Harvey's Law and "Loook its reaawl mum".

Best (worst) post that have ever seen on ForumField, this forum continues to be much more entertaining than playing BF5!  
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nope don't want it. Don't need it.
    I don't need training wheels to find an enemy. I'll still drop 60-100 any day of the week. Don't want to adapt? look for a different game or wait for the next installment. That's my advice.
    They did, that's why V undersold and the player base is plummeting enough that their shutting down servers.
  • MidriffUrchin0
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2019
    I never had an issue with visibility in this game. I loved that it's harder to see enemies, no spotting and a more realistic aesthetics, I know this goes the same sentiment with friends that play bfv. To throw in practically glowing soldiers because of the vocal minority, well shame on you DICE for pandering to this small vocal minority who need crutches to play and can't adapt. The game is regressing and the combination of dice listening to the community (who can't agree on anything) is a disaster.

People can't handle slower, more tactical and a few people prone with an mmg, they want a complete brain dead 100mph paced mindless shooter. Congrats to the online community, bit by bit you're getting what you want.
  • xeNizKing
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy said:
    ragnarok013 said:

CONVEEEN said:
    I just comment the state...

The state is that it's been and going to continue to be an evolving process. Visibility is much better now than it was a year ago in alpha IMO and will most likely continue to be tweaked along the way.

Just bring back good ol' doritos. Every other attempt feels unnecessary and complicate things even more.

This. No one complained when all players were effectively perma-spotted in Grind and Fortress. The attitude seems a bit hypocritical to me.
    I agree. I wasn't against 3d spotting, but at least in this update, they brought it back when you're shooting at someone inside 8m I believe so that helps with visibility improvements. I think the visibility update is great but we're not out of the woods yet. Devestation is a lot less frustrating now. But maps like hama with bipod players under the blinding sun needs some improvement. I feel on maps like hamada, there's no visibility improvement.
    I would love it if they scaled back the lighting a bit on hamada... I get it, its a desert and all that but honestly...a lot of maps where its sunny barring probably Arras it feels unnaturally bright. I have to squint sometimes just too see terrain in-front of me and I dont even wear glasses nor need them. The lighting in this game especially the whole RTX nonsense just makes things seem completely unrealistic and unauthentic as you would never even notice or see such things as a person walking around normally...because its all natural but in BF5 its so damned artificial that it sounds out.....wayyyyy too much. Much preferred BF4s lighting and too some extent BF1s (they did overcast lighting much better).
  • PrairieGeek
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xeNizKing wrote: »
    MachoFantast1c0 said:

llPhantom_Limbll wrote: »
    ragnarok013 said:

CONVEEEN said:

I just comment the state...

The state is that it's been and going to continue to be an evolving process. Visibility is much better now than it was a year ago in alpha IMO and will most likely continue to be tweaked along the way.

Just bring back good ol' doritos. Every other attempt feels unnecessary and complicate things even more.

This. No one complained when all players were effectively perma-spotted in Grind and Fortress. The attitude seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Nailed it, it was a loud but vocal minority that wanted spotting gone in the way that it was. Alls it needed was tweaking but not completely removing. 

I.e seeing as they desire to reinforce the idea of squad play they should of just kept 3D spotting but for your squad only instead of globally. It would of been much better imo.

I would agree with squad only for active spots. Leave the global to suppression or flare. The glowing everyone is talking about must be on PC cause on ps4 I'm not really seeing a big difference. Maybe I need to check my settings as updates are famous for resetting preference
  • trip1ex
    5066 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019

Yeah for BF1 all they needed to do was give 3d spotting a cooldown so you couldn't spam it.

And then maybe have flares reveal enemy locations every ~3 seconds instead of always revealing enemy locations for their duration.

They just had to tone it down a bit in other words.  That would have kept some of these tools to make the game a little more fun and not so campy.

Because there  is zero skill in camping in shadows and bushes.  Zero skill is needed to select white camo for a snow map either.  

Also you were 3d spotted in BF 90%+ of the time because you were seen by an enemy.  
  • zecleaner
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I hope in a future patch the character lighting will become an optional setting. The lighting in its current form just looks bad in my opinion, and the visibility never bothered me personally. Please give us the choice between the better looking way it was before, for players that prefer it, and the improved visibility, for those that prefer that instead.
  • Legarhead
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JUJAMAKILL wrote: »
    Tell ya what, why don't you petition DICE to release a new set of Elite skins that are fluorescent PINK so you and everyone else can stand out on the maps like dogs balls, and you can all see each other eliminating the need for spotting?

Bet you wouldn't buy one though would you?

Hell ....I'm all in for red and blue uniforms like TF2 has....we already buy hats......
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TyroneLoyd_TV said:
    Nope don't want it. Don't need it.

I don't need training wheels to find an enemy. I'll still drop 60-100 any day of the week. Don't want to adapt? look for a different game or wait for the next installment. That's my advice.

They did, that's why V undersold and the player base is plummeting enough that their shutting down servers.

There are way more important reasons why it under sold.
    Of course, I didn't mean to be so literal that it was purely down to visibility. 

But it's still true that V undersold, is losing players and as a selling point 'Buy Battlefield V a bargain for £30, ahem plus buy PS4 Pro 4KTV/Monitor if you want to see.' isn't probably that effective a marketing strategy.

If you have no problem with visibility, good for you. Doesn't change the fact that lots of people do (seriously on standard console/TV it's horrific) and in a shooter that's a fairly important sticking point.
    So things have to change, because we do still need them to buy, play and spend if we want any decent content to come in over the next year or so.

I imagine visibility is merely one of many changes coming too V as Dice try to turn things around. 
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Played a bit last night. There were 2-3 times where I killed someone hiding in a corner because I instantly saw them thanks to the new lighting. Still more times where I didn't spot someone prone in a random spot though so it could still be improved. Ain't no BF3 visibility that's for sure.
  • GrizzGolf
    1212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CONVEEEN said:
    Visibility is a bit better but not good enough! The 50% of camper in matches can carry on.
    I thought campers light up more now?
  • Hawxxeye
    6719 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GrizzGolf said:
    CONVEEEN said:
    Visibility is a bit better but not good enough! The 50% of camper in matches can carry on.
    I thought campers light up more now?
    hardly the difference shown in the screenshots
  • bigiain
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After playing a bit more, I'm not sure that I'm noticing much difference. There certainly isn't any change in the number of players not doing anything, it feels at times like there are less than half the players contributing at all in Conquest. I'm not sure that automatically putting a dorito over every head would actually change the camping in this game now. 
  • TFBisquit
    1931 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Players can still hide in dark corners with the spotting. It would only show if someone sees you or pressed q on you. Then it would only last a few seconds if you killed your spotter. You would also lit up briefly if you fired your gun.
    It really wasn't as bad as some wants to portray it was. Sure, those back crawlers and people preferring to camp in unseen spots were always against it. But you still had hill campers etc etc.
    As it is now it's not enjoyable for the majority, they get frustrated quick, and realize that's not why they want to game. They want to have some fun and relax. Not feeling incompetent.
  • maskedocelot
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've only played the tank heavy rotation so far but I'm noticing a difference from transitioning from outside a building to inside and the brightness once you're in which for me is positive. Not having to fight people in pitch black but still having plenty of cover/debris people can use in the barns on panzerstorm for instance, it's just more enjoyable for me to actually see what I'm shooting at.
  • Archon764
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Cry more campers
  • VOLBANKER
    1310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    Just add passive spotting as in BF4: Fire your gun and you become spotted on the minimap.

I'd rather not have this TBH but it would help quite effectively with bad visibility in that people would automatically be spotted once they fire their weapon.

That way you can camp for sure, but enemies will have an easy time finding you if you just lie prone and shoot at people without bothering to move at all.