Boys AT rifle is ridiculously OP lol

Comments

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rex_Holez said:
    Rex_Holez said:
    Well how else are horrible players who already camp supposed to get one hit kills?
    Using MG 42? any automatic rifle with 3x scope?
    Both those rarely do one shot kills. 
    Irrelevant, they produce kills, that it takes more than one shot doesn't matter, the opponent is still dead.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 25
    Literally had some nerd ingame tell me to look at jacks video for whatever reason. i told him to use it and see what happens. Behold still a stationary target and unable to cap correctly because hes a recon and hardly has effect on the game. Shesh if anything is broken its assaults because i dropped 70 that round. If you want to be a useful recon at least use an RSC that way you can ptfo
  • Hawxxeye
    5372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I unlocked the gun today and I really do not know what to think about it. On the one hand it is a fun weapon to use but on the other hand it feels quite like a meme-gun. You get a one-hit kill at ranges up to 100m however you have to exchange a lot of other features that are way more important in my opinion. I think it is more important to be mobile on the battlefield and to have a rifle with a higher rate of fire. I really do not get why anyone would favour this gun instead of a proper bolt-action rifle. I mean it is fun at times, but you are very vulnerable and the damage against vehicles is absolutely minor. The best thing about this gun is the damage model against infantry but overall it is way worse than having a bolt-action rifle, so in my opinion this gun is far away from being "OP". 

To be honest I would have rather seen a better damage-model for normal bolt-action rifles in the game instead of having an anti-material rifle that is pretty much useless in what it is supposed to do (damaging vehicles). It would have been great at least if we had been able to effectively shoot at planes with it but the bullet velocity is way to slow for that purpose. I like the fact that they introduced the rifle in this game but it will never be able to replace any bolt-action for me despite the fact that normal bolt-action rifles have not been so weak in a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYJPJeQDIdk&t

JackFrags has made a video about the gun making it look better than it actually is. I can already see people referring to that video demanding a nerf for this gun. In my opinion all those youtubers simply affect the game negatively. Imagine using that gun below 100m and only dealing big hitmarkers. You would be dead before rechambering I guarantee. It is not that I would be a big fan of this gun, actually quite the opposite since it makes people play defensively. But calling things "OP" that actually are not, that is wrong I think.  

And this is the conclusion that any person who can objectively (aka not biased against anything that is recon or just not assault)  assess the performance of this AT rifle will reach.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A weapon with this recoil.. that must be bi-poded and with it's limited ammo should be a OHK at any range. Got a few kills with it this morning... all of them would have been easier with any other weapon... ANY other weapon. Dont bother putting a scope on it.. at least with iron sights you are slightly less prone to getting spotted and hosed down as soon as you aim.

Honestly don't know what all the fuss is about. 
    Some guy gets killed with it and instantly assumes it's because the weapon is OP, same as with anything that kills him, so he complains and asks for a nerf.  He hasn't tried the weapon himself (unlocking stuff is hard) so he doesn't know what he's talking about, but he can type, so that's what he does.
  • MinZhuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I believe this forum is way too much biased for Recons. Especially those ‘Influencers’ with lots of posts and activity.

At least most youtubers, even Recon mains say its OHK capability is just too cheap.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @TennouHeikaBanza ; because youtubers are a great form of judgement? If i had a dollar for any time someone has said that....
  • Hawxxeye
    5372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I believe this forum is way too much biased for Recons. Especially those ‘Influencers’ with lots of posts and activity.

At least most youtubers, even Recon mains say its OHK capability is just too cheap.
    Meanwhile an MMG already kills almost just as fast as OHK on bellow 100m
  • aseveredfoot
    2446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I played a few hours last night for the first time since it was added and I encountered it once on panzer storm, and he was shooting the tank my friend and I were in.

So I tend to side with the people talking about YouTubers making it look more powerful and useful than it is.

I still disagree with the concept, but if it doesn't have a huge effect on the game overall, I'm fine with it.
  • Legarhead
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I still disagree with the concept, but if it doesn't have a huge effect on the game overall, I'm fine with it.

On the smaller maps its a problem . On squad conquest they lie prone in a dark areas or on a roof for easy pickings...on the larger map they are not too bad.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A weapon with this recoil.. that must be bi-poded and with it's limited ammo should be a OHK at any range. Got a few kills with it this morning... all of them would have been easier with any other weapon... ANY other weapon. Dont bother putting a scope on it.. at least with iron sights you are slightly less prone to getting spotted and hosed down as soon as you aim.

Honestly don't know what all the fuss is about. 
    Some guy gets killed with it and instantly assumes it's because the weapon is OP, same as with anything that kills him, so he complains and asks for a nerf.  He hasn't tried the weapon himself (unlocking stuff is hard) so he doesn't know what he's talking about, but he can type, so that's what he does.
    Yup.

And the videos posted... not typical gameplay I encounter. Those have got to be the worst players I've ever seen he is tearing up. On PC.. at that range as soon as you scope up you get showered. Take that same video and replace the AT with an assault DMR with a 3x scope and you'd be much more effective. 

And the specialty tree for this thing actually has the variable scope option! You try to snipe someone at serious range with this thing ur gonna get owned. 

I'm going to lvl this thing up.. but I'll be using iron sights. 
  • xeNizKing
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rakunista wrote: »
    You poor thing, never played bf2 heh?

Yeah, and I myself will take the advantage now.

It feels so good to kill helplessly running dudes just by a single shot.
    considering half the guns in this game tend to dish out abnormal damage at bizzare ranges near instantly killing anyone and everything in the way half the time, i'd hardly say people running around helpless.....you know people running around casually headshotting with semi-autos without even aiming properly.

Helpless? my ****.

Funny thing is the only helpless one is you if you do not have a brain while using the gun because you're most of the time at the mercy of other snipers who have a much faster velocity, aim due to lack of a bipod and accuracy due to various different bullet drops.
  • xeNizKing
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m guessing either the OP is searching for bait or being sarcastic. It’s the worst weapon added so far and that says something because most have been awful. I’d class myself as a decent sniper, able to instinctively adjust for bullet drop but things but this things bullet drop I don’t get.

1 damage with a hit on a tiger and 5 on the panzer from range but still. Pretty pathetic damage even if it’s historically accurate as really the boys was outdated by the time ww2 came along due to the thicker armour of German tanks. 
    Honestly, it wasn't used to fight tigers or panzers for that matter especially the MKIV. As you said the Armor was just too thick for it to be useful as an efficient anti-tank method in war. BUT it was used against much lighter tanks and some more medium sized ones with the intent not to destroy with the gun but kill the crew within.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ^^^  It's not bad as a finisher if the tank is already on fire.. beyond that it's just a good way to draw unwanted fire. Come to think of it it's pretty suck vs. just about any other weapon for that matter. 
  • LostV0id
    postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wht the hell man this gun is so stupit bf5 already has a camping problem u have brought a hole new meaning to it I can't even play now just to die instantly from a camper I have no time to respond I play with the sniper class but I love close combat sniping and getting in there face and I do well at it to and now to just die instantly from that gun from some one camping in a corner just ridiculous nerve it or get rid of it please or at least change the hip fire chance of hit
  • mf_shro0m
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Marcusspinner said:
    Why didn't DICE give the rifle the ability to disable tracks, engine or turrets of a tank with the small amount of damage. This would make the rifle more a stopping weapon instead of doing small amount of damage only.

Agree. The damage is laughable. However, the most damage I’ve put into a tank was 17 damage up close to the rear of the tank. The last specialization trait on the left increases the rounds damage to about another point of damage, it’s not much of a difference if you ask me, but I don’t think DICE intended for this rifle to totally destroy tanks with the amount of rounds. It’s pretty much a gnat a tank can swat away and laser beam you down with MG or turret.

The Tankgeweher M1918 in BF1 actually had that stopping power and you could render a tank useless in 3-4 direct hits, disabling tracks and weapons, 5-6 direct hits and you’ll destroy tanks. With this AT Rifle, it’s more like K Bullet damage at best. Really don’t see the usefulness other than annoying tankers, other than 1HK infantry which would be the ideal use since we know it really don’t do much to tanks anyway.

It was a valiant effort for DICE to add this weapon but, in all honesty, it missed its mark in BFV. May as well add K Bullets for Recon, they were much more useful to Armor imo.

Let’s be honest tho, the only reason the BOYS rifle is such a joke against vehicles is because some people (not Dice) just hate recons and **** and whine whenever a recon kills them, even tho they themselves aren’t good enough to get positive KD as recon
  • mf_shro0m
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Captan you are being unreasonable, it is a motionless target with a very low RoF weapon well within the range of your favourite skillcannon.
    Anything less than ohk at that range and it will need to lose the need to be bipoded and gain a lot more velocity

What is it’s bullet velocity?
  • mf_shro0m
    This gun is nothing but corner camping complete BS. It needs to not one hit kill on the body at any range. No gun in this game should, I'll accept it from shotguns because the maximum range is short. A 100m range one hit kill gun? No. 85 damage maximum on the body.

Lol you obviously just a salty assault main who’s pissed one of the other classes got something decent
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i said:
    Captan you are being unreasonable, it is a motionless target with a very low RoF weapon well within the range of your favourite skillcannon.
    Anything less than ohk at that range and it will need to lose the need to be bipoded and gain a lot more velocity

IIRC, 400/440 (the latter of course with the high-velocity bullets).
  • Hawxxeye
    y_j_es_i said:

IIRC, 400/440 (the latter of course with the high-velocity bullets).

Yeah for those who want some references, here  are some rifles/carbines and their relative speed at their base stats
    Commando carbine < Boys AT rifle <<Tromponchino = Lee enfield << G95 << Krag = Kar98 << MAS 44
     360                               400                                       500                                600                 700                  800  meters/second
    Anyone can see that unless one is really close to the targets, they will be unlikely to  hit an irregularly moving target