[Megathread] Performance issues/Stutter BF5 - PC

Comments

• STOPchris
    572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There is something else going on... I think it has to do with the shader cache after the update. This is why the CPU usage is so high now. I am hitting 100% CPU usage now, before I would top out around 70-80%. This is with either my i7 8086K or my i9 9900k... This new patch jacked things up really bad. This is irregardless of any driver changes, I tried multiple drivers. It really is sad that DICE messes these games up more after release... 
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 26
    deC9r said:
    the game stutters when you eliminate enemies with vehicles. On PC it happens a lot after the patch of 23.

This started the update of May 23 and also happens on PC.

The worst thing is that they will make us wait a month for this to be solved

Lags occure due to the assignment tracker, a temp fix is to disable all assignments.
    How do you disable assignments?
    In regards to the question:

The specific weapon assignments you cannot discard, the weapon class/solider class/game play assignments you can disable.  So you need to swap any specific weapon assignments out for an assignment which you can disdiscard.  Example, Swap your lewis gun assignment for the LMG assignment, then:

• go to the assignments screen from the main menu
    • select 1 of the 4 assignments you want to disable, the screen will change
    • in the bottom left of the screen you will see "back" option and to the right of it you will see "discard" ....click on discard
    • repeat for the remaining assignments
    Post edited by JPhysics on
  • MinusTheGaming
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JPhysics said:
    deC9r said:
    the game stutters when you eliminate enemies with vehicles. On PC it happens a lot after the patch of 23.

Lags occure due to the assignment tracker, a temp fix is to disable all assignments.

The specific weapon assignments you cannot disable, the weapon class/solider class/game play assignments you can disable.  So you need to swap any specific weapon assignments out for an assignment which you can disable.  Example, Swap your lewis gun assignment for the LMG assignment, then:

• in the bottom left of the screen you will see "back" option and to the right of it you will see "disable" ....click on disable
    JPhysics said:
    deC9r said:

The specific weapon assignments you cannot disable, the weapon class/solider class/game play assignments you can disable.  So you need to swap any specific weapon assignments out for an assignment which you can disable.  Example, Swap your lewis gun assignment for the LMG assignment, then:

• in the bottom left of the screen you will see "back" option and to the right of it you will see "disable" ....click on disable
    Hi thanks for the reply, i looked on my assignments and i dont have any applied to start with ive not got around to doing any of them yet so i havnt applied any and when i click on the assignments all i see is discard but i cant see disable any where not sure if im doing it right im a bit confused lol does disabling them even stop the fps drops?
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ^ My apologies .... I meant discard ..... my eye must have been drawn to disable in the post above me  :pensive:  I corrected my  post to avoid confusion.
    I've no idea if it actually resolves the performance, I find it very unlikely but I will try it myself later.

• DrunkOnRedWine
    1640 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I tried v-sync on and have limited frame rate to my monitor refresh. Plays a lot smoother although there is more input lag felt on the mouse. Please try it and let us know if this helps on PC
  • JPhysics
    Rivatuner is good for managing your frame rates, mainly because it manages the frame timings far more efficiently, which can be interpreted  as frame rate drops by some users at times.
  • MontesJr
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This update is absolute BS. I feel cheated. i9 9900k 2080 16GB RAM 4000Mhz and i have low fps as 30-35(i am playing 1080)...and huge lag spikes....it is unplayable. I am going back to BF4
  • iCloverZ
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same issue, Frames lagging even on the same settings which I had before running smoothly at constant 60 fps.. i5 8400, gtx 1060 6gb, 16 gb ram 
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1640 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 26
    Well tonight it's atrocious again, stuttering, lagging and garbage game-play. Unplayable. DICE really screwed this patch up, how these guys still have a job is amazing. Patch after patch they mess it up. 

Have DICE acknowledged there is an issue yet or is it the normal silence?
  • Tuco_Ramirez_1
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well tonight it's atrocious again, stuttering, lagging and garbage game-play. Unplayable. DICE really screwed this patch up, how these guys still have a job is amazing. Patch after patch they mess it up. 

This is what confuses me. One day it's fine then next it's awful. Doesn't make sense. Server issues must be playing a part. Sometimes even a high frame rate feels very low - high latency feel etc even with a low ping.
  • xXMysterio
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And it all started weeks ago, when DICE decided to increase the overall graphics quality. Even on low settings. Yes, the game looks better now (textures etc.), but since more objects are rendered and/or have higher base-resolutions, lag-spikes occur and the overall performance massively decreased on mid to low-end systems.

Thanks to all the crying kids who played on maxed-out settings, complaining that low-settings users have advantages in vision! :P 
  • duendemago
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can the guy with the I9 post the % of CPU usage please? I have read lalot about a "BOTTLENECK" caused by a lack of optimization of this game, which means if you have more than the minimum requierements for playing this game, doesn´t matter! You will have bad performance, whicih means a bad experience: slugish, stutter, fps drops from 120 to 90 or more for no reason. All this because this game puts an excesive load at the CPU. Some people with I7s and I5s change from high to low settings and the frames are almost the same, with same results. There is a guy who said that with his I9 he recorded 60-70% of CPU usage! WTF! Fix this game please!
  • Tr3nchdog
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey guys just a thought could it be there servers ? im having the same issues & its only this game
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    The new Nvidia driver was recommended on Reddit, makes it stutter even more for me.  :'(
  • choppernNZ
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 27
    Smooth and stable game play here using win 10 May update and 430.86 Nvidia drivers
  • DiscoPr0
    92 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same here. Game very sluggish with no changes to settings, hardware or software. Started after the last update.

Had task manager running the last time it happened. Game spikes to 100% cpu before crashing to desktop.
  • STOPchris
    572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DICE and their games are JUNK! 
  • GODtreev0r
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    why this game can't run like bf1?
  • Jumpy-B-L
    693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm running 120FPS locked (have 2080Ti now) at 1440p. There are these odd slow downs I can feel in my mouse movement that are not accompanied by any drop in frames, increase in frame times or CPU spikes.

I'm thinking a lot of this is server-side.
  • Bryjo3
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 28
    MontesJr said:
    This update is absolute BS. I feel cheated. i9 9900k 2080 16GB RAM 4000Mhz and i have low fps as 30-35(i am playing 1080)...and huge lag spikes....it is unplayable. I am going back to BF4
    Really hard to believe you are getting this performance with that CPU. The problem is the CPU, this game eats cores and threads for lunch. The i9 has 16 threads and runs at 5 ghz, I can't imagine it struggling at all. You should be getting a locked at least 100 fps on ultra with those specs...

Here is what works (doesn't eliminate the stutter though) on CPUs with 8 or less threads/cores: Limit your framerate to 60 (I know sounds terrible, but it's really not so bad). Turn DX11 and Future Frame rendering to ON. I have a 1080 and only get 70% usage on ultra with these settings, so I then also increase the resolution scale to 125% so I have constant 99% usage on the GPU and take load off my CPU.

CPU usage is the culprit lowering framerate and increasing GPU load is the solution.