Weekly Debrief

Community Broadcast: The Evolution of RSP

Comments

• Jaskaman
    653 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 25
    Few more things :) 
    More needed functions for the basic config:
    1) Move a player to other team
    2) Next map/ change map 
    And as it was mentioned before, 24/7 servers, not disappearing ones....
    Last night I was playing Frontlines, after the round there were 15 P, server was stuck in "waiting players for join" and no one could move (preround wasnt working) and everyone left one by one, that is really needed to fix before private servers are coming... 
    And official requirement 16P out from 32P to start a server is just too much.... :)

Post edited by Jaskaman on
  • vjscope
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Finally! Let's just hope that they will be ranked as it helps communities to gather new players. This is what this game needs! Communities!
  • ChiefSniper
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Way too little, and way too late. Also lol @ anyone who believes this is going to go off well, 100% certain EA will screw this up even worse than the BF franchise itself.

It's over, just make the next one a mobile game. PLEASE don't make a BC3, I don't want you to ruin that franchise either.
      Bye then *waves*. Wouldn't want that attitude stinking up my server anyways. :D
  • ChiefSniper
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Please don't listen to people that want the option to permanently ban players from public ranked games. Whether it's their configurated ruleset or not is irrelevant.

I'd like to actually play BFV at the end of it's life on populated servers once it becomes a polished game without being ostracised because people don't like players with decent aim.
      That's a fair point, but what about the genuine cheater/hackers that need to be banned?
  • frequency_jam
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    About time.  Without this the game will be dead within a year.
  • dayglowfroggy
    500 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Since everyone I know who did play this and use a Mike no longer plays, so maybe 25 people how am I supposed to get an invite onto a private server? Or can I request it?
  • Jaskaman
    653 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Please don't listen to people that want the option to permanently ban players from public ranked games. Whether it's their configurated ruleset or not is irrelevant.

I'd like to actually play BFV at the end of it's life on populated servers once it becomes a polished game without being ostracised because people don't like players with decent aim.
      That's a fair point, but what about the genuine cheater/hackers that need to be banned?
    Indeed, there are genuine cheaters/hackers that needs to be banned so permaban is needed function in the beginning... 
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    Good move. You just solved a huge portion of blantent cheaters. They won't be able to operate on these administrated servers

Until they say you can permaban players then I won’t be too sure if the server disappears from the host how will it see the players you have banned? The server will change each time once players leave. I wouldn’t talk too soon as EA /DICE are quick to change their tune based on previous experiences.

I do expect admins to be able to perms ban from their servers if paid. Of course I'd prefer the admin have the ability to do bans on free custom servers as well
  • Kattegat_Twin
    760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    • Control if the kill cam will be displayed
    • Turn friendly fire on or off

Oh HELL YES. Thank you. Can't wait!
  • VRtroper
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 25
    1. Be able to add moderators on the server.
    2. Search of servers by Region (In bf1 the matchmaking did not look for custom servers so there were always empty servers)
    3. Option to add / remove weapons and weapons gadgets
    4. Change map
    5. Do restart
    6. team balance
    7. Restart server if it is collapsed
    8. Ban, kick
    9. Opcon to limit determined number of ROL per team (Avoid having 15 snipers per side)
  • Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vote map would be nice too as an optional.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Or players who aren't cheating but are disrupting the server, e.g. "griefers" who actively try to sabotage their team (saw one of those just yesterday), or trolls who want to stir up flame wars, or those who harass other players--all people admins should rightfully be able to kick.  And then there are those players who are good enough to actually empty a server either because the other team thinks they're cheating or just doesn't see the point in getting slaughtered by some "pro" (or group of such players).  Whoever is paying for the server isn't going to take kindly to it sitting empty because of players like that, and that absolutely can and will happen, I've seen it too many times to doubt it.  I remember an admin kicking a well-known Little Bird ace from a BF4 server with the message, "Go empty a server YOU pay for"--and he was right, in less than two rounds that player had taken the server from full to half-empty.

Let's also not forget that the hotshots with "decent aim" tend not to like competing against others at their level, they like to harvest easy kills off disorganized noobs/scrubs which gives them those juicy stats they care so much about.  You'd think such folks would like to play in clan scrims or leagues or whatever for the challenge, but that is typically not the case, they like it to be easy, not challenging.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As a clan leader myself my observation is as follows.
    BF1 rental servers were a waste of time as unless you followed Dices rules ie the server would only go live if there were 20 players on it then it was a waste of money as our clan was only 20 players in total and any public soon left as it wouldnt start. You could after a while change it to 5 v 5 but that change of rules dropped it out of the main server page so no members of the public were directed to the server.Rental servers need to be able to have whatever rules the clan/person wants and still be visable. BF4 and before all have this ability where ppeople search for maps alone and join servers so why not BF1 and V?
    As an admin/clan my priority is to make the server a fun place to play a game on period. If a player comes on whos skillset is so good that he disrupts play and causes other players to leave then we should have the ability to warn, kick,ban that player in that order. There were thousands of servers out there and if you dont play on that one then theres always many others to play on so no need to cry just play on another one. I am banned from quite a few servers on BF4 and I dont sweat about it and just find another server to play on. Its their server so they can admin it as they see fit.
    Well said.  There were servers in BF3 and BF4 with custom rules that were still ranked in the sense that they generated stats, didn't cause any problems I ever saw.  But for some reason this has always bugged EA, as if players getting pistol kills in pistol-only servers made the leaderboards illegitimate--EA conveniently forgetting that the top of the leaderboards were always dominated by blatant cheaters to the point where nobody in their right mind took those stats seriously.

I'm okay with weapons or gadgets being prohibited provided it doesn't give anyone an unfair advantage.  There was a tank-riding clan in BF4 who banned C4, AT mines, Javelins etc., and would kick an attack chopper pilot who killed them too often in their server (one of the few "badmin" servers I encountered).  Tailoring the rules to give some players an advantage should not be allowed.  On the other hand, a sniper-only server or tanks only or whatever is fine as everyone has the same weapons, nobody is at a disadvantage.  EA needs to make it clear that stacking the deck will result in the server being shut down, so in that sense I don't think total autonomy is okay.

A new RSP could be good for BFV, but if EA messes it up like they did in BF1 it will be a waste of time.
  • parkingbrake
    full951 said:
    full951 wrote: »
    Good move. You just solved a huge portion of blantent cheaters. They won't be able to operate on these administrated servers

Until they say you can permaban players then I won’t be too sure if the server disappears from the host how will it see the players you have banned? The server will change each time once players leave. I wouldn’t talk too soon as EA /DICE are quick to change their tune based on previous experiences.

I do expect admins to be able to perms ban from their servers if paid. Of course I'd prefer the admin have the ability to do bans on free custom servers as well
    The free servers disappear as soon as they are unpopulated, so a kick might be good enough on such servers.  A permanent paid-for server needs a ban list.
  • CrashCA
    1027 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just a drop of reality here,  this is EA saying RSP (Private Server) coming sometime. Not expecting much.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 26
    CrashCA said:
    Just a drop of reality here,  this is EA saying RSP (Private Server) coming sometime. Not expecting much.
    After Summer , which is pretty vague and I am not overly excited as this could be anytime really as no end date given.  This is of course USA summer which is June/August

It is therefore realistically after August this year. 

https://www.studentflights.com.au/destinations/north-america/weather

Summer: June to August

• PvtJohnTowle
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jezzzeh said:
    How many maps in the vote? Not 2 like BF1, say 4 maps .. would be ideal. 
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Breadcrumbs to keep you hanging on...
  • Jaskaman
    edited May 27
    Jezzzeh said:
    How many maps in the vote? Not 2 like BF1, say 4 maps .. would be ideal. 

3 maps is enough, there isn't too many maps to vote for in BFV :)