The new Visibility!

Comments

• olavafar
    1935 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I see no difference. If anything, they did something to the graphics causing my FPS to go < 100. Had to change to medium settings to keep my steady 120. This in itself makes it kind of hard to compare visibility as I cannot tell if its the patch or my changed settings.
  • Private_Tom_7
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The enemy is too small to see.
    spot please !!
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 26
    The patch didn't do as much as Dice promised. But like I previously said the whole "visibility issue" is way more complex than just soldiers being hard to spot. It's also because some maps are pretty much a single texture splashed all around, other maps are full of unnecessary foliage, rocks and such stuff.
    Dice has to basically remade those maps too if they really want to improve visibility and gameplay.
  • Vornado44
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't see much of a difference with player visibility. 
  • EdwinSpangler
    1775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just bring 3D spotting back. This whole visibility issue will never end otherwise. Because it's way more complicated than just player models being hard to spot.

No we don't need to spam E and skillessly shoot at doritos.
    No, you just dont want to be that dorito being shot at.....
  • tempo_rarity
    1010 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm GLAD I don't see much of a difference with player visibility .
    I also don't see much of a change in the 'I-don't-wanna-look-around-crowds' numbers .
    Runners Gonna Run , often right by me  :tongue:
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    465 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've seen a few that looked far too bright out in the open but other times I'm not seeing much of a difference.

I think I've come to realise, and this is just a personal opinion, that the biggest visibility problem this game has is seeing people lying about and thinking dead body rather than that is someone to shoot. I'm sure the prone system looks very clever on the design page but gameplay wise I think it's **** poor.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    kismo1980 said:
    The player models seem to be glowing like the gamma has been turned up to 11. Looks washed out and amateurish, it detracts from the limited amount of realism we already had. Very easy to spot players on Panzerstorm, I preferred pre visibility changes but I guess DICE had to do something to appease the salty crybabies that couldn't cope with using their eyes and understanding their surroundings
    I agree with you.
    It's a tad too much. I also suffered in the beginning but mainly because I lacked experience.(BF5 is my first online shooter ever.)

It took a while to learn how to watch for players and to tell you the truth, using the eyes to spot players was quite fun in the end. Learning the maps, the general spots where players tend to hide, trying to lure them out....  - not really enjoying meat grinding spray and pray tactics, and I was happy to have had to hunt a bit for the players.

Anyway, We'll all cope with it and look for other fun ways to approach the gameplay.
    Good to hear from someone who adapted to the game and learned to improve, sounds like a better approach that a whinefest.  This change is another step back to EZ Mode, I won't be surprised if they bring back 3D spotting and proximity healing/reloading from med/ammo crates and everything else that the "don't challenge me" crowd wants in a shooter.

Why is it so horrible that different games work differently?  PUBG sold fifty million copies and it's more "hardcore" than someone who has only played BF can imagine.  Yet I never saw anyone asking for PUBG to incorporate spotting or auto-heal, they just accepted the way the game worked and did their best.  Being killed in the first minute of a half-hour round was not a lot of fun, but the challenge of surviving longer next time kept me coming back, and I still remember the first few times I got the last kill to win a round, what a rush.  I was glad DICE tried to make BFV a bit more challenging in some regards, and I'm sorry they're rolling that back because some vocal players want a game that holds their hand as they run n' gun.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    kismo1980 said:
    The player models seem to be glowing like the gamma has been turned up to 11. Looks washed out and amateurish, it detracts from the limited amount of realism we already had. Very easy to spot players on Panzerstorm, I preferred pre visibility changes but I guess DICE had to do something to appease the salty crybabies that couldn't cope with using their eyes and understanding their surroundings
    I agree with you.
    It's a tad too much. I also suffered in the beginning but mainly because I lacked experience.(BF5 is my first online shooter ever.)

It took a while to learn how to watch for players and to tell you the truth, using the eyes to spot players was quite fun in the end. Learning the maps, the general spots where players tend to hide, trying to lure them out....  - not really enjoying meat grinding spray and pray tactics, and I was happy to have had to hunt a bit for the players.

Anyway, We'll all cope with it and look for other fun ways to approach the gameplay.
    Good to hear from someone who adapted to the game and learned to improve, sounds like a better approach that a whinefest.  This change is another step back to EZ Mode, I won't be surprised if they bring back 3D spotting and proximity healing/reloading from med/ammo crates and everything else that the "don't challenge me" crowd wants in a shooter.

Why is it so horrible that different games work differently?  PUBG sold fifty million copies and it's more "hardcore" than someone who has only played BF can imagine.  Yet I never saw anyone asking for PUBG to incorporate spotting or auto-heal, they just accepted the way the game worked and did their best.  Being killed in the first minute of a half-hour round was not a lot of fun, but the challenge of surviving longer next time kept me coming back, and I still remember the first few times I got the last kill to win a round, what a rush.  I was glad DICE tried to make BFV a bit more challenging in some regards, and I'm sorry they're rolling that back because some vocal players want a game that holds their hand as they run n' gun.
    Because people like training wheels. Nothing you can do will change there minds.
  • OskooI_007
    650 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sure DICE is making these changes based on player number drop-off.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nope don't want it. Don't need it.
    I don't need training wheels to find an enemy. I'll still drop 60-100 any day of the week. Don't want to adapt? look for a different game or wait for the next installment. That's my advice.
    They did, that's why V undersold and the player base is plummeting enough that their shutting down servers.
    BFV has sold as many copies as BF4, so while its sales were below what EA hoped for after BF1, it isn't the flop some folks are painting it as.  Shutting down servers might point to declining player numbers, or it might point to EA deciding to cut costs because there are is no paid DLC and not enough skin sales to generate the revenue they want to see.  PUBG did the same thing and it sold fifty million copies--they still ended up with only one server location for all of NA.  That also brings up what players want in terms of spotting, auto-heal etc.--PUBG has none of those things and shooting mechanics more challenging that BFV, and like I said, it sold fifty million copies.  Not everyone wants EZ Mode, in the long run a more challenging game can be more fun precisely because it's not easy.
  • parkingbrake
    olavafar said:
    I see no difference. If anything, they did something to the graphics causing my FPS to go < 100. Had to change to medium settings to keep my steady 120. This in itself makes it kind of hard to compare visibility as I cannot tell if its the patch or my changed settings.
    The consensus among players I've spoken to since the patch is that network performance is worse.  I'm seeing situations where what should be many frames of action are compressed into instant events, even more than before.  The presence of growing numbers of out-of-region players isn't helping either, I wish EA would grow a spine and put in a ping cap low enough to keep people from playing in servers halfway around the planet.
  • Hawxxeye
    5184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sure DICE is making these changes based on player number drop-off.
    I think you are on to something there.
  • the_lone_ran9er
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 26
    So patch review..

Do I still get killed by people laying prone and doing nothing besides that?

Yep

Is the game still visually garbage and looks still 2-dimensional and flat all the time?

Yup

Is the game still overall garbage to play still and all these patches change absolutely nothing in real terms?

Yup.

Thank god Splitgate is coming out at the weekend - at least that's a shooter that knows the type of fun that pointing and shooting is supposed to be, whether it's in an arena or not.

BFV is milsim garbage made for single-digit IQ peons that don't seem to grasp the game isn't real. It's like it's made for Harvey Price or something...

"Loook its reaawl mum"

lmao

What an absolute abortion of a BF game.

Here's your BF6 preview

Good news. You won't have to use that massive IQ of yours at all.

• g0merpile
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar said:

Same here, been the same visually.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its weird how some people can and some people cant. I'm nearly blind but i'm able to spot the difference. Maybe its just map specific or just not working as intended on all clients 
  • the_lone_ran9er
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 26
    Its weird how some people can and some people cant. I'm nearly blind but i'm able to spot the difference. Maybe its just map specific or just not working as intended on all clients 
    Consider also that this forum is a mixture of players playing on different setups. You've got console/couch players and PC players with a monitor 18" from their face. One needs narrow FOV, glowing player models and huge hit indicators to assist them in knowing what's going on. The other prefers graphical fidelity and realistic visuals with no problem spotting enemies.  I wish people would state what kind of setup they are using when posting.

I'm on 1440p monitor with an RTX 2080, settings jacked and haven't played this patch at all. But previously I've stated time and time again that I  have no issues spotting my opponents, I think the visuals were great pre-change and I turn down the obnoxious hit indicators as well.
  • Hawxxeye
    5184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Consider also that this forum is a mixture of players playing on different setups. You've got console/couch players and PC players with a monitor 18" from their face. One needs narrow FOV, glowing player models and huge hit indicators to assist them in knowing what's going on. The other prefers graphical fidelity and realistic visuals with no problem spotting enemies.  I wish people would state what kind of setup they are using when posting.

I'm on 1440p monitor with an RTX 2080, settings jacked and haven't played this patch at all. But previously I've stated time and time again that I  have no issues spotting my opponents, I think the visuals were great pre-change and I turn down the obnoxious hit indicators as well.
    Well I  have a 1080p setup, with a gtx 1050 ti and a i5-4570 cpu.  My graphic settings are all on low other than the mesh quality which I have on ultra so I can achieve 60 to 50 fps so I cannot afford to raise anything higher.
    For me there is no massive difference as the shadows are still black as sin, the highlights are still washed out with white light.
    I can still notice that the enemies can stand out just slightly more from their backround than before since I do not see shadowmen anymore like before the patch.
  • GrizzGolf
    933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm shocked with all the feedback they are getting they don't fix anything. I guess its because they have our money already