Boys AT rifle is ridiculously OP lol

Comments

• rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’m guessing either the OP is searching for bait or being sarcastic. It’s the worst weapon added so far and that says something because most have been awful. I’d class myself as a decent sniper, able to instinctively adjust for bullet drop but things but this things bullet drop I don’t get.

1 damage with a hit on a tiger and 5 on the panzer from range but still. Pretty pathetic damage even if it’s historically accurate as really the boys was outdated by the time ww2 came along due to the thicker armour of German tanks. 

Don’t forget though that even one damage is enough to stop self repair.
  • NGT04
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, but you have to use the bipod, and it makes you an easy target.
    No you can one shot from the hip, watch Jackfrags video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYJPJeQDIdk

• Trokey66
    8159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NGT04 wrote: »
    levitr0n_9574 said:

No you can one shot from the hip, watch Jackfrags video:

Getting kills with unsupported hip fire is more luck than design though.
  • SupremeAzsoul
    332 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    IMO, It's ****.. Especially with the poor bipod mechanics. 
  • Hawxxeye
    5161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just managed to get it full gold and now I am not touching it again unless it becomes decent against vehicles.
    For the purposes of killing infantry every other gun is better in every way.
    and yes unsupported hipfire kills are pure luck, I have missed a hipfire where 90% of the soldier was covered by the standing hipfire reticle.
  • ElliotLH
    7712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    I just managed to get it full gold and now I am not touching it again unless it becomes decent against vehicles.For the purposes of killing infantry every other gun is better in every way.and yes unsupported hipfire kills are pure luck, I have missed a hipfire where 90% of the soldier was covered by the standing hipfire reticle.

Been there too. Took 3 hip fire shots to hit someone I came up behind.
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2

It would be great , don't know about you though but I don't have any scope glint at all in the game . Apparently this weapon doesn't have scopes but I have an issue with all recon players
    I can have players standing on front of me and aiming at my face and I won't see it. Add the ridiculous visibility et voila
  • ElliotLH
    7712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It would be great , don't know about you though but I don't have any scope glint at all in the game . Apparently this weapon doesn't have scopes but I have an issue with all recon players
    I can have players standing on front of me and aiming at my face and I won't see it. Add the ridiculous visibility et voila

Might be mind-reading or misunderstanding but the Boys has scopes - 3x and 6x.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Give the scouts a break. If thing is more than a one shot kill it will be a waste of time.

Why should the cry babies always get their way?
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2
    Not a mans weapon but a 'boys'

I hate the noise this thing makes scares me

New noob tube for BFV - only idiots use it - or Elites - same thing
  • y_j_es_i
    1281 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yeh let’s put it next to the G43, MG42, frag grenade launcher and PIAT
  • Hawxxeye
    5161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Give the scouts a break. If thing is more than a one shot kill it will be a waste of time.

Why should the cry babies always get their way?

Meanwhile other classes have much more potent and easy to use weapons/gadgets than anything the Boys can do.
    So what if the Boys can one hit kill? ? These classes can Triple kill! Or in the case of assault they got stuff that can 2 hit kill while being rapidly spam fired and out-damage faster firing weapons.

• Ace-Cardd
    238 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This gun is just trash. Most of the time I'm dead before i can shoot from it. KAr 98 all day, all night. Sorry for my english today, I'm drunk like Satan at wedding.
  • ElliotLH
    Ace-Cardd wrote: »
    This gun is just trash. Most of the time I'm dead before i can shoot from it. KAr 98 all day, all night. Sorry for my english today, I'm drunk like Satan at wedding.

I'm going to steal that expression.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I bought this last night for 1700 CC. Went 9-1 on Mercury including a double kill
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2
    It's balanced by the fact that you need to be stationary and bipoded to use it. You can't have a drawback like that and also damage less than 100 with such a slow firing weapon. There would be no point in using it over any other bolt action then.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s more tone deaf game development.

Any OHK weapon is going to annoy players.
  • VVaxDaddy
    128 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The gun isn't OP, but it is one of those weapons/gadgets that doesn't take much skill and is not fun for the user or the person on the other end. It adds even more frustration to this game and it's the sort of thing hilariously DICE said they were trying to go away from when moving on from BF1. Yeah clearly didn't work out there guys.
  • y_j_es_i
    1281 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3
    It’s more tone deaf game development.

Any OHK weapon is going to annoy players.

Ngl those people don’t understand weapon balancing and don’t know to save judging until after they’ve experienced both sides