This Week in Battlefield V

It´s really unbelievable

Jarp75
72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited May 26
Just played some rounds and I´m just sprechless. It´s unbelievable how many bug this game has now, even the beta was waaay better than this mess. I´m on PS4 Pro and this game is stuttering so bad with huge frame drops. In one round I was stuck in the server browser screen showing no servers and I was not able to get back to the menu, so I had to quit the game another time all modes were gone from the menu. In another round all players looked like 2D targets in a miniature rifle-range with no textures and everyone was sliding over the map, quitting the server didn´t help because the next game on another server looked the same, so I had to restart the game. Even aim assist seem to be bugged because in most rounds it felt like it was turned off. Netcode / hit detection is also really bad now, loosing every gun fight and going down instantly, getting shot at behind cover with 3 bullets! In one gun fight all of a sudden my gin jammed so I couldn´t shoot anymore and so on and so on.

Does no one at EA realize how they mess up this game at DICE more and more with each patch? In other companies they would have exchanged the whole manager setup. It´s really time that gamers get a lobby where developpers and publishers got sued for such a mess.

Comments

• Jayremie570
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have to agree, it's hella buggy these days. And i'm a supporter and defender generally of dice.

Stuttering issue is my biggest complaint, which really ramped up with firestorm update, least for me. I'll still play cuz i love battlefield but the issues are glaring.
  • Ukrainetrain87
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I also agree. I play almost everyday and it’s getting worst. The hit detection is the worst ever. The team balancing is really bad too.
  • Jarp75
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I forgot to mention that the hit indicator seem to be still broken by not showing the right direction you get shoot at. :-)
  • Jayremie570
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jarp75 wrote: »
    I forgot to mention that the hit indicator seem to be still broken by not showing the right direction you get shoot at. :-)

Not only that but the damage numbers are off. Enemy hit 112 is usually a kill now. Its not that the damage is wrong itself just the number indicated.
  • Minato007Br
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 26
    It's unbelievable a second War game with no Dunkirk and Normandy
  • Broliszibaila
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's unbelievable a second War game with no Dunkirk and Normandy
    Do you know what else is unbelieveble? We dont have anything about invasion of Poland, France... Or do you guys think that WW2 started in the Dunkirk or Normandy?
  • M_Rat13
    1029 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's become a meme now, to where we have to fear updates becuase they add more bugs.
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's almost like it's on purpose. To get things as jacked up as they are, you'd have to work at it.

Still, they could increase the reload animations to 5 minutes, only give you two bullets, a 10 minute wait between respawns and the Dice purest on here would defend it. Telling you how dice thought about the end user, you can now go to the bathroom or get some snacks during the reloads and respawning. "get good", blah blah blah.

BF is dying a slow death. Since COD is releasing a MW remake next year so will BF. Everyone will rush to buy it, remembering the good old days. It'll be trash and they'll come here and complain for 12 months. Rinse and repeat....
  • Juanicee
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Am I the only one who gets killed behind coverture all the time? It's so frustrating.
  • Jumpy-B-L
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Juanicee wrote: »
    Am I the only one who gets killed behind coverture all the time? It's so frustrating.

Nope. Not just you. DICE comes off as very incompetent. It's truly hard to believe they keep screwing up so badly. With their own engine and tools no less!
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jumpy-B-L wrote: »

Nope. Not just you. DICE comes off as very incompetent. It's truly hard to believe they keep screwing up so badly. With their own engine and tools no less!

The engine is unmanageable. One dev said it’s “full of razor blades” and devs absolutely hate it.
  • Jumpy-B-L
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

The engine is unmanageable. One dev said it’s “full of razor blades” and devs absolutely hate it.

I believe it to be a Bioware dev who said that. One can't help but believe it given DICE themselves seem to be unable to make it work.

They'll solve a problem in a prior BF title, get that title in a good place then appear to turn around and throw away their work when developing the next title.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I believe it to be a Bioware dev who said that. One can't help but believe it given DICE themselves seem to be unable to make it work.

They'll solve a problem in a prior BF title, get that title in a good place then appear to turn around and throw away their work when developing the next title.

I believe it because all of the FB games have been like this, starting with BF3. Whether BField, Bfront, or Anthem, each FB game just has weird, head-scratching bugs.

Perfect example, BFV end of round screen. Is it *still* saying 2,000cc at the end of every round? I haven’t played in a while, but... come ON!! How can that possibly be that hard!! These small things have made me lose the last shred of confidence/respect in DICE. Like... we can’t understand how the game as a whole is buggy, when they literally cannot figure out how to remove a number (or you know, display the correct numbers?) in an end screen.

Its just insane, and life is too short.
  • Jarp75
    I´m think that it´s right to assume that this engine is unmanageable. I think that when they edit something at the beginning of the code it breaks someting at the end. But that´s no excuse for bringing out patches that introduces more and more bugs with every new patch. Why doesn´t DICE let all patches be tested in some kind of CTE like they did in BF4?