Chad Tromboncino M28 vs Virgin Boys AT rifle

Tactical_wizzzeR
291 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Chadbroncino: 
-high ROF
-no zoom out between bolt action
-aglie, doesn't need to a deploy for ADS with a stupid bipod
-beautiful wooden frame, created by the finest Italian gunsmiths
-Grenade Launcher that can actually hurt tanks, serious threat to light tanks.
-fast clip reload
-cool bolt reassembly animation
-agressive playstyle, skillful, promotes PTFO.
-gives medics a solution for longer ranges, changes meta for better.

Virgin BOI:
-low ROF
-zoom out for every bolt action
-cumbersome buggy bipod
-ugly as sin stamped metal, created by overworked soldier wives in swearty American factories.
-barely tickles tanks, will give away your position and you will get blown up as you struggle with your bipod
-slow reload
-pathetic bolt, rechamber animation, gun model too big, you can't even see it
-passive playstyle, unskillful, promotes camping.
-gives Recons an even campier noob cannon, changes meta for worse.

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    5009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Are you implying that using the Boys rifle has anything to do with meta?
    Meta means Most Effective Tactic Available. The Boys rifle is the worst tactic available to a recon right now imho.
    The Tromponchino is much more likely to do enough damage to a tank than the current Boys rifle
  • CHAMMOND1992
    993 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Horrible recons ALREADY camp. Instead of them standing in one spot, now they're prone in one spot.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3180 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Meta means Most Effective Tactic Available.

Huh ... I didn't know that the word 'meta' was an acronym. Guess you really do learn something new everyday.
  • Hawxxeye
    5009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Horrible recons ALREADY camp. Instead of them standing in one spot, now they're prone in one spot.
    that makes them all the easier to hit.
  • rammy7033
    27 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    eh it depends who's behind the boys rifle.Not saying I go 50-0 but I've been using it nonstop and I've had some pretty sweet games. As for tanks, if you have a 6× scope you can sit across the other side of the map and keep hitting them over and over and it will do considerable damage. They cant hit you back since your too far away. It's a refreshing and unique weapon.
  • SirSpectacle
    729 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 27
    Ferdinand_J_Foch said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    Meta means Most Effective Tactic Available.

Huh ... I didn't know that the word 'meta' was an acronym. Guess you really do learn something new everyday.
    Meta isn't an acronym, it's short for 'metagame'. The acronym mentioned above is a backronym, invented after the fact to fit an acronym to an existing word.
  • olavafar
    1929 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm leveling these two in parallell. I have to say that I prefer the BOYS gun. On PC, soldiers move a lot and the Trombocino has a tendency to only score one hit for me. If I miss the head I will be dead. Hitting an AD spammer is quite hard I think as the bullet velocity seems to make it possible to dodge bullets even at close range. Need to practice some more... With the BOYS, one hit is enough. No time for the StG or KE7 try hard to start his bunny jumping AD spam dance while spraying wildly i my general direction.

Both these guns have an ideal distance about 70-80 m I think but I tend to be closer than that which of course is a mistake in both cases. With the BOYS one often throw oneself prone for a shot only to see grass or a stone and in any case not the opponent, while receiving a well deserved head shot. Luckily enough game is not over after three deaths.

• Hawxxeye
    olavafar said:
    With the BOYS, one hit is enough..

That is a big IF (it hits) though, due tot hat RoF and velocity.
    I think that due to the fact that you have to think even a bit more before using up your shot, you are at a massive disadvantage against enemies who are aware of you like in these few clips

• olavafar
    1929 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    olavafar said:
    With the BOYS, one hit is enough..

That is a big IF (it hits) though, due tot hat RoF and velocity.
    I think that due to the fact that you have to think even a bit more before using up your shot, you are at a massive disadvantage against enemies who are aware of you like in these few clips

Totally agree with that. Though I have the same problem with the Trombocino. I almost never win a gunfight against someone who has seen me with that one. BTW I use the 3x scope on the BOYS but I still very rarely engage at the long distances shown in some of the clips. I use the BOYS as I use an MMG, either camp in a flag zone I anticipate enemies coming to or trying to sneak/flank into an empty flag and then finding a spot to hold off any defenders. Most engagements will be < 50 m. The Trombocino has this rapid fire than time after time tricks me into playing it as an SMG, rushing into flag zones to clear them out which mostly just fails. The BOYS is a slower weapon which make me a more careful player, it also helps me that it comes with the recon class so that I can use a flare before entering any capture area.
  • VincentNZ
    2398 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I do not know, you can always use the ironsights on the Boys, sit in a bush and inconvenience tanks and infantry all day at all ranges. The damage might not be great against vehicles, but it is constant DPS with a high ammo count. You only have two or three grenades with the Trombocino, which is harder to use and which also deals inconsistent damage at a lower ROF.
    Both change the meta, I would not know if for the better or worse though. The M28 is only a decent weapon combined with the self-heal of the medic. The Boys is a good weapon for a certain playstyle.
    Personally I am playing the M28 right now, and I do not particulary like it, because it desperately needs a constant hitrate of above 40% to be on par, the Boys is more forgiving when played according to it's playstyle.
  • superteds
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    I do not know, you can always use the ironsights on the Boys, sit in a bush and inconvenience tanks and infantry all day at all ranges. The damage might not be great against vehicles, but it is constant DPS with a high ammo count. You only have two or three grenades with the Trombocino, which is harder to use and which also deals inconsistent damage at a lower ROF.
    Both change the meta, I would not know if for the better or worse though. The M28 is only a decent weapon combined with the self-heal of the medic. The Boys is a good weapon for a certain playstyle.
    Personally I am playing the M28 right now, and I do not particulary like it, because it desperately needs a constant hitrate of above 40% to be on par, the Boys is more forgiving when played according to it's playstyle.
    little tip for the m28, it has VERY good hipfire. don't bother ADS'ing at closeish range.
  • Hawxxeye
    VincentNZ said:
    they can still trace the tracers back to you, especially the tanks. I only use iron sights already cause the glint is a death sentence.
  • full951
    2364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    CHAMMOND1992 said:

that makes them all the easier to hit.

And knife. I hope it's use stays high. That slow weapon while zoomed keeps them prone for those cool takedown animations. I got 4 knife kills last round I played. 3 prone and one who shot, missed and did not have time to make a second shot befor I axed him twice in the face
  • VincentNZ
    2398 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    superteds said:
    VincentNZ said:
    little tip for the m28, it has VERY good hipfire. don't bother ADS'ing at closeish range.

Yeah, it does, however I'd argue it is not even a decent CQ weapon, where firerate is king, DPS. And there the M28 is missing a crucial 10-20, so that you can get one more shot off in certain firefights with quickly moving targets. I'd argue switching to something like the Ruby when in CQ is useful.
  • superteds
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    superteds said:
    VincentNZ said:

Yeah, it does, however I'd argue it is not even a decent CQ weapon, where firerate is king, DPS. And there the M28 is missing a crucial 10-20, so that you can get one more shot off in certain firefights with quickly moving targets. I'd argue switching to something like the Ruby when in CQ is useful.
    well yeah it isn't a good CQ weapon - it was added because medic lacked medium/long range weapons not to be the defacto medic weapon. want CQ then there's a sprinkle of SMG's to choose from :)
  • Mangrey
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Chadbroncino: 
    -high ROF
    -no zoom out between bolt action
    -aglie, doesn't need to a deploy for ADS with a stupid bipod
    -beautiful wooden frame, created by the finest Italian gunsmiths
    -Grenade Launcher that can actually hurt tanks, serious threat to light tanks.
    -fast clip reload
    -cool bolt reassembly animation
    -agressive playstyle, skillful, promotes PTFO.
    -gives medics a solution for longer ranges, changes meta for better.

Virgin BOI:
    -low ROF
    -zoom out for every bolt action
    -cumbersome buggy bipod
    -ugly as sin stamped metal, created by overworked soldier wives in swearty American factories.
    -barely tickles tanks, will give away your position and you will get blown up as you struggle with your bipod
    -slow reload
    -pathetic bolt, rechamber animation, gun model too big, you can't even see it
    -passive playstyle, unskillful, promotes camping.
    -gives Recons an even campier noob cannon, changes meta for worse.
    you are comparing a bolt action cabine with a boltaction AT weapon.... it is like comparing appels and bannas ...