New Trailer - Mercury Map Official Reveal

Comments

• doctorrocktor
    1786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Looks really good,shame its just 1 map.I hear we have to wait until ea play about more 64pl maps.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 27
    VincentNZ said:
    Feels like another infantry focused map. Like we already don't have enough of those.

How do you figure that? Every shot features at least one vehicle. Operation Mercury was infantry-focused, because it was airborne and the defenders had a total of 10 outdated tanks. Yet this employs at least 2 tanks and 2 planes per side, and another three through squad points. It is as vehicle-focused as any.
    A couple of planes and a tank do not make it a vehicle friendly map at all.
  • Marcusspinner
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    in the trailer there is a lag icon in top corner at 0:37 seconds. Nice marketing DICE XD
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/49916/battlefield-1-lags-connection-warning-icons

This is the explanation of the icon:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO9aAstXe-A
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1343 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 27
    in the trailer there is a lag icon in top corner at 0:37 seconds. Nice marketing DICE XD
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/49916/battlefield-1-lags-connection-warning-icons

This is the explanation of the icon:

Lol, nice spot!

Boy am I fed up of seeing the following icons!

Nn33SqE76OLCDuvS8gufsaA0HhlTahX5e3PSJS6dTAA.png?auto=webp&s=c59a0aff5da2441eb92921ff674827fd6031318a
    Post edited by DrunkOnRedWine on
  • ArchAngeL_777
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    So I can't watch a map trailer because I don't have a YouTube account?  What did you guys put in it? LOL!
  • IIPrest0nII
    1618 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited May 27
    Hi all,

I've edited the original post and embedded YT video into the post so everyone can view the trailer straight from the forums. @PartWelsh hope you don't mind :)
  • aHappyKitten
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I`m looking forward for a new map without snow! :)
    But Halvøy need FPS improvements in Firestorm and BR - it`s a huge map, but it have very low performance and huge fps drops with buildings and landscape. 
  • gbbolly
    33 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Looks awesome! That's some nice work people, thank you, it is very appreciated! I am going to be smashing this all weekend. Cheers.
  • UnearthedCO
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That trailer is awesome.  Maybe we should get DICELA just make an entire game.  That map and marketing is better than the BF5 original debut trailer. It looks like a brand new game. This is what I am used to from the Battlefield series. 
  • THE_EVO_COMMANDO
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kinda sad there is so little new content DICE feels the need to make an entire trailer for one map lmao.
  • THE_EVO_COMMANDO
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The visuals on this map are somewhat reminiscent of those on Battlefield 1943 maps. I actually like the way it looks.

However, I'll have to actually play on this map to see if it's any good.
    Ya its got great colors like BF1943. LOL i miss BF1943 so much, its so underrated. The maps were so good.
  • xKusagamix
    876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A proper trailer this time. The map look nice, somehow remind me of Achibaba in BF1, still need to wait until it's released to see if it any better.

BTW, isn't DICE LA logo appeared the first time in this trailer?
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 28
    We need more Maps!!!
    u don't have to make a trailer for every single map...
    lay off the map trailer guys and hire map artists!!

• Trokey66
    8075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ypsilon-Oh wrote: »
    We need more Maps!!!

Be sensible.......

I am not even an enthusiastic amateur but I knock up videos on share factory in half an hour.

In the grand scheme of things, this will have taken DICE relatively no time at all.
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Ypsilon-Oh wrote: »
    We need more Maps!!!

Be sensible.......

I am not even an enthusiastic amateur but I knock up videos on share factory in half an hour.

In the grand scheme of things, this will have taken DICE relatively no time at all.

okay but this is not against the fact that we really need more maps :neutral:
  • JUJAMAKILL
    284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am excited for the new map. However, would I be correct in assuming this map is only available for Conquest mode? Can anyone confirm? Was really looking forward to a new addition to GOp's rotation...
  • VincentNZ
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    Feels like another infantry focused map. Like we already don't have enough of those.

How do you figure that? Every shot features at least one vehicle. Operation Mercury was infantry-focused, because it was airborne and the defenders had a total of 10 outdated tanks. Yet this employs at least 2 tanks and 2 planes per side, and another three through squad points. It is as vehicle-focused as any.
    A couple of planes and a tank do not make it a vehicle friendly map at all.

Planes do not need to care about verticality, cover or whatever. And how many wide, open, flat fields does BFV need until people realize it makes for awful gameplay?
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ya its got great colors like BF1943. LOL i miss BF1943 so much, its so underrated. The maps were so good.
    I wish they made that PC port for BF1943. It was surprisingly fun for such a small game.