Weekly Debrief

Side effects of having a bayonet attached

mf_shro0m
1752 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Does having a bayonet attached have any negative side effects?

Comments

• cmcmanamy97
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Saw a YouTube video where it slows the drawing of your gun by a fraction of a second if it’s on bc it’s “heavier”
  • mf_shro0m
    1752 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Saw a YouTube video where it slows the drawing of your gun by a fraction of a second if it’s on bc it’s “heavier”

Thanks. Does it affect ADS times, sway or recoil?
  • disposalist
    8670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think it's just a very minor effect on ADS.  I put it on if possible.
  • MarxistDictator
    4953 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You shouldn't use the bayonet unless you use it a lot or elites are about. It increases the time it takes to raise your weapon after sprinting by 375ms to a glacially slow 625ms (slower than most sidearms take to draw). The bayonet-free raise time is 250ms, so a bayonet is a huge nerf for a run and gun playstyle with shotguns or SMGs. Its less noticeable a penalty on rifles.
  • mf_shro0m
    You shouldn't use the bayonet unless you use it a lot or elites are about. It increases the time it takes to raise your weapon after sprinting by 375ms to a glacially slow 625ms (slower than most sidearms take to draw). The bayonet-free raise time is 250ms, so a bayonet is a huge nerf for a run and gun playstyle with shotguns or SMGs. Its less noticeable a penalty on rifles.

Good knowledge, thank you!
  • Moorlander
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I tend to use the bayonet charge to sprint to a flag or to get back into bounds in operations etc. I don't think you can do this if the bayonet is not equiped. The effects of having it equipped are negligible really. I always have it equipped and rarely kill with it, but it is still worth having.
  • disposalist
    8670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yes, I might not put it on an SMG or shotgun, because they are near instant sort-range kills anyway, but for medics and scouts they are often very useful.
  • ElliotLH
    8562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I took the bayonet off all my weapons as I rarely used the charge anyway (when I did it often wouldn't work either) and I prefer the quicker ADS.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2039 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    I took the bayonet off all my weapons as I rarely used the charge anyway (when I did it often wouldn't work either) and I prefer the quicker ADS.
    Same, never ever use it personally.
  • ronybaloney
    282 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't use bayonets either. When I first started to play BF1 I remember reading that bayonets slow down ads as well as rotation? I have no idea if this is true or not but I've just never equipped them. Don't feel like I'm missing anything.
  • heresPaul
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They save your life running for cover
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    heresPaul wrote: »
    They save your life running for cover

This is true many times I couldn’t kill the pilot or bring the plane done the bayonet gets me out of bomb paths.
  • Titan_Awaken
    800 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly the Bayonet is such a troll weapon, lol. If I know I'm in a firefight I can't win or if I'm outnumbered, I'll just charge someone for the most cheapest, dirtiest kill ever. This plus the damage reduction while charging and the fact that bayonetted enemies can't be revived makes it the perfect troll weapon. 

It's fun to charge other players but once you're on the receiving end... Oh boy, here comes the rage!
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly the Bayonet is such a troll weapon, lol. If I know I'm in a firefight I can't win or if I'm outnumbered, I'll just charge someone for the most cheapest, dirtiest kill ever. This plus the damage reduction while charging and the fact that bayonetted enemies can't be revived makes it the perfect troll weapon. 

It's fun to charge other players but once you're on the receiving end... Oh boy, here comes the rage!

I’m nearing 67 service stars with the bayonet on bf1. Lots of sentries and prone/corner campers have met their end that way.