Weekly BF

about zoom

plumber6789
13 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
hi guys i was just asking you lot what zooms you prefer for each weapon i have been to lower my magnification on every weapon to 1 x marksman rifles at 2.5 etc ive been having a fiddle around with zooms and havnt found my proper one any tips on zoom levels ? smgs medic rifles and scout rifles 

Comments

• Moorlander
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I tend to go with 2.5x on: Medic Howell sniper and RSC optical; and on scout SMLE carbine. If I am going full sniper,which is rare, I tend to go the whole hog with a 10x. I dount play assault much but Support class, again it's mainly 2.5x
  • MrCamp121
    667 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I main medic and support...any support weapon i use 1X...i find the magnification throws my aim off. Medic if im using the fedorov its the 2.5 optical minimum...autoloading 1X
  • MrCamp121
    667 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 wrote: »
    I main medic and support...any support weapon i use 1X...i find the magnification throws my aim off. Medic if im using the fedorov its the 2.5 optical minimum...autoloading 1X

So basically minimum for everything lol
  • ironfist235
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I play all classes. Assault I don't touch magnification except with the ribyrolles optical and the rsc smg optical in which I use 1.50. Medic is 2.00 on all optical variants and 2.50 on rsc 1917 and selb 1916. Iron sight slrs I don't touch zoom except with the general liu and the selb 1904. Support min zoom on all telescopic variants and snipers 2.00 for iron sights, 2.50 carbines and 8.00 for snipers
  • disposalist
    8665 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It really is a personal thing.  Me, I don't see a point in using ADS unless you zoom to help your aim (I also half my sensitivity when ADS) and also, I use a wider than normal field of view, so it really does feel like a zoom.

This vid might help somewhat: -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThWg6nqKqtE&list=PL7pg6JZaKos3O4RtDh6AxtgiIQ-5HuA8f&index=26
  • MarxistDictator
    4948 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I use low magnification on most guns. Bolt actions I will use 2.0x because recoil will not affect a follow up shot in any way.

Try using the MG 14/17 low weight on 2.0x and then try 1.0x, its so much easier to use over distance with the lower zoom since your aim isn't jumping as noticeably.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I use low magnification on most guns. Bolt actions I will use 2.0x because recoil will not affect a follow up shot in any way.

Try using the MG 14/17 low weight on 2.0x and then try 1.0x, its so much easier to use over distance with the lower zoom since your aim isn't jumping as noticeably.

I agree with the zoom being lower changes recoil. Fov settings also make a difference.
    I’m at 90 fov and with 1.25x on the Burton I have little recoil.