So new fly mechanic is no more, some suggestions.

PrecisionWing
610 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited May 28
Plane's maneuverability is back to the old days again. And for some reason, German G2 now fly like the Tie Fighter, can handle 10G-ish. If fighters from different factions can't have the same turning radius, I don't know what's Dice's rationale behind this. Both adding and removing the new fly mechanics indicate Dev. has no idea how to do the balancing work. 
Some suggestions. 
2. In the next BF, try to bring back 313-speed control for planes. It is not a perfect model but can introduce enough skill level to sperate random players and aces. 
3. Decrease FOV while flying a plane, so those more advanced tactics can be useful again.
4. Greatly reduce TTK between vehicles. For fighters, one well-aimed gun run should be able to finish the dogfight. And it should not take 20seconds of consistent fire to kill a bomber. Same goes for ground vehicles, 3 shells at most from a tank should be enough to send the enemy driver back to redeploy screen. 
5. Vehicle parts disable should only be possible if the vehicle is below certain HP. Not the ramdon stuff we have now,  sometimes I got engine damage with 90HP, while other times my plane is about to fall apart with 15HP but can still make sharp turns like it just came off the assembly line. 
Post edited by PrecisionWing on

Comments

• sabootheshaman
    787 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Point 1 is ridiculous and made me think the rest of your points would be also.
  • PrecisionWing
    610 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Point 1 indeed seems too aggressive, removed. 
  • olavafar
    1929 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Agree to 4 and 5.

With 4 I think 3 gets unnecessary but sure, why not.

2. Ideal turn speed adds a dimension and I agree it could be brought back. Do the speedometer work in these planes? Admit I have never checked that.

1. I think actually 3-5 would be possible to do in BFV as it should merely be tweaking of the existing model.

The part disable thing is just annoying. The idea seems good but really it just becomes a random thing. The precision of the weapons are not that good so that one can deliberately take out any specific parts. It worked partly in BF1 with those bombers giant wings but in BF5 it rarely feels relevant.
  • Hawxxeye
    5009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    now I am curious what the heck was point 1 to go as far as to be removed
  • PrecisionWing
    Hawxxeye said:
    now I am curious what the heck was point 1 to go as far as to be removed
    basically all of these changes I suggestted is too late for bf5, since the setting in bf5 wont allow those changes. 
  • SirSpectacle
    729 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This thread is nonsense. The new flight model is still there, it's just that the values have been tweaked so that fighers are consistently more manouverable than bombers. In a fighter vs fighter dogfight the player who has mastered the new model will have a significant edge.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Only fighters were tweaked to prevent bombers from out turning them.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Here’s a radical suggestion: remove the third person view from vehicles.
  • ragnarok013
    2549 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Ploodovic said:

Luckily you should be able to do that once RSP releases.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ploodovic said:

Luckily you should be able to do that once RSP releases.

People complain about the lack of immersion in this game, but for me, sitting inside the cockpit of a Bf 109, hearing a Spitfire fly by, you do a fast turn, and everything is shaking and rattling, that’s some of the most awesome WW2 feeling I’ve had in a video game.

Unfortunately, you’re at such a disadvantage if you don’t play in third person, but that’s nowhere near as immersive. I’d take a custom server with this setting in a heartbeat.
  • xKusagamix
    868 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just bring back the casual plane mechanic and actually work better in BF1.
  • trip1ex
    4551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 28
    didn't like the 313 stuff.  it just felt like work to me and just made it so the great pilots that fly 24/7 are supermen.  I mean those types already are going to destroy without it.  You don't need to also make them completely untouchable.

I never like disabling in tanks nor in planes.  It just ruins the fun of a videogame.    There is already  a thrill in a videogame when your vehicle has low health and you barely escape or kill the enemy.  Being disabled on top of low health is just a death sentence and erases all the fun of surving a battle with low health.  ....unless of course you pick the plane or upgrade with the "get of jail free card" that lets you erase a disable.  But then that just feels randomly stupid most of the time.  And/or it makes the players always choose that option or plane...unless some other option/plane is much better.  

• PrecisionWing
    trip1ex wrote: »
    didn't like the 313 stuff.  it just felt like work to me and just made it so the great pilots that fly 24/7 are supermen.  I mean those types already are going to destroy without it.  You don't need to also make them completely untouchable.

I never like disabling in tanks nor in planes.  It just ruins the fun of a videogame.    There is already  a thrill in a videogame when your vehicle has low health and you barely escape or kill the enemy.  Being disabled on top of low health is just a death sentence and erases all the fun of surving a battle with low health.  ....unless of course you pick the plane or upgrade with the "get of jail free card" that lets you erase a disable.  But then that just feels randomly stupid most of the time.  And/or it makes the players always choose that option or plane...unless some other option/plane is much better.  

So the problem is not 313, but good players?
  • PrecisionWing
    This thread is nonsense. The new flight model is still there, it's just that the values have been tweaked so that fighers are consistently more manouverable than bombers. In a fighter vs fighter dogfight the player who has mastered the new model will have a significant edge.

I dont think it's still here. If you check the patch in previous month, none of those intended changes are here. There is almost no drag when you do pullup in German g2, and if you want to trade altitude for speed, then sorry to say that your turning speed is almost constant, regardless of your speed, so horizontal maneuvers and vertical diving for speed makes no difference
  • PtBlankDiplomacy
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have to say that I prefer the “new” flight model. Now after they reverted to the old flight model most dogfights are boring or one-sided. It’s either whoever gets on opponent’s tail first wins or just flying in circles for minutes before AA or another pilot joins in. And the maneuverability upgrade (leading edge?) is back to pretty much meta on fighter planes while extended ceiling and dive brakes are almost useless.