Do NOT nerf the boys AT rifle

1235»

Comments

• PvtJohnTowle
    882 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Tell me it’s not OP after viewing this video.

• oldmandown65
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    “Hahaha, that should not be possible, hahaha.”

Yep, it shouldn’t.  I don’t blame the players, they’re going to use and do what’s allowed in the game.  Dice has turned a **** into a heap of turds.
  • bran1986
    5576 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The problem is people that support this gun act like we haven't been calling the piat, frag rifle, and dmrs op for months.
  • xeNizKing
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 28
    bran1986 said:
    The problem is people that support this gun act like we haven't been calling the piat, frag rifle, and dmrs op for months.
    Yeah except the difference is people are actually fine with it, they just rage when they get annoyed with something. Feels better for people to call something op or broken or to just simply demand nerfs.

I get piated maybe once every 10 or so games. I barely see it anymore. Frag rifle? Yeah its annoying but again doesn't happen nearly as much as it used to. The only issue is DMRs and their lack of downsides thats literally it. 

The AT rifle fulfills 1-2 functions 1 infantry killing and the second being anti-light armor but barely fulfills that. 

DMRs fulfills multiple functions, They can snipe, they can engage in close quarters combat efficiently, they can engage in medium range and can kill consistently with little effort or punishment to the user. DMRs are only "OP" in the regard that they work in too many criterias of gameplay that basically renders them an almost perfect for most scenarios. The AT rifle however is barely even viable outside of killing people who dont like to move much.
  • y_j_es_i
    1280 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 28
    @xeNizKing very well said. I just don’t understand how some people don’t understand this stuff, a 10 year old should be able to grasp it
  • y_j_es_i
    1280 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

Of those I’ve only asked for a nerf to the G43

Like Xe said, a PIAT’s a **** rocket launcher, a frag rifle shoots a bloody frag grenade and shotguns have huge limitations (like the Boys), leave them be. If Dice listened to all of those complaints the only viable guns left in the game will be ARs and SMGs, because of course, the majority of the complaints are coming from lil **** who cry when they die and don’t know how to use any other guns
  • oldmandown65
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 28
    The only lil **** I see are the ones lying on the ground sniping with their new wonder gun.  😂

just as as bad as the Lewis Gun.
    Post edited by oldmandown65 on
  • full951
    2405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Lots of kills. Only 6 "no scope" kills where past ~8 meters, most of those aimed hip shots where ~5 meters or less. A vast majority of the people he shot were in the back. It's a showcase of exelent flanks more than half the video. It's started off in a situation where he could have killed every single one of them with any weapon or mele lest the liberator. He also was very good at using waist high cover to get the bipod working when he wanted.

The hip fire shots past ~8 meters, I really don't see an issue with the round landing inside the the crosshairs. I'd expect most would want to see the hip fire deviation increased. All I see is a recon actually pushing. That's not a bad thing. I see a rightfully strong weapon used aggressively. They should give recons a shotgun. Instead they have the sniper rifle version of the drilling.
  • DukeSan27
    1104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i said:
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    BoomerfieldV said:
    Don't nerf it, REMOVE it, we don't need OHK weapons in this game(except shotguns, headshots)

the grenade launchers, dynamite sticks  and the cheesy melee takedowns are asking if they are a joke to youPlus there are so many things that can kill fast enough to feel OHK, especially assault weapons and MMGs

The PIATs and shotguns want a word with you
    Sure, if PIAT was a primary with 15 rounds or shotgun had a 100m OHK range.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

One video of a relatively decent player or one good match is not enough to sway my opinion. My own experience, of all things, is nothing like this ... I only rarely get killstreaks with it, and only on enemies that come one by one onto a contested flag.

Here's a video of FabianChills making the De Lisle carbine look overpowered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir8_-yd75c4

He makes it look fantastic, but everyone here knows that the rifle is terrible for the most part.

I've experienced this in many FPS matches. I get a new gun, have a wonderful or terrible experience with it in my first few matches, but after a few days or weeks, my perception of the gun completely flips. I can't let one match, or one set of gameplay, fully dictate my opinions.
  • GrinddalDDG
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have no problem with it being a ohk at distance,  but not in a no scope 1v1 against a medic or assault.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 28
    If you want a broken weapon try 200 bombing with a g43.

Thing was disgusting before the nerf (it bounces around a bit more now) but still has hip fire galore.
    Slrs are all over the place right now balance wise and honestly I have no idea what to do with them.
    Now the current go too slr is probably the mas.
  • ElliotLH
    7709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you want a broken weapon try 200 bombing with a g43.

Thing was disgusting before the nerf (it bounces around a bit more now) but still has hip fire galore.
    Slrs are all over the place right now balance wise and honestly I have no idea what to do with them.
    Now the current go too slr is probably the mas.
    Based on what SLRs kill me the most I'd presume it's the Mas 44, Selby 1916 and the Turner SMLE (others probably have difference experiences). Personally I'd take the Gewehr 1-5.
  • xeNizKing
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 28
    I have no problem with it being a ohk at distance,  but not in a no scope 1v1 against a medic or assault.
    well it has to hit the torso hitbox to be a OHK regardless, if the player hits the arms or the legs it will be 85. So the no scope isn't a guaranteed OHK to begin with. Its 50/50 because people aren't always standing still.
  • xeNizKing
    y_j_es_i said:
    @xeNizKing very well said. I just don’t understand how some people don’t understand this stuff, a 10 year old should be able to grasp it
    Its less a bout comprehension and more about blind rage. People hate dying in games and when they're forced to counter-play or change up how they move around the maps in order to take new weapons into consideration they dont want to do it and they dont want to change. Its foolish and has led to some horrible changes to gameplay in BF5 and other battlefield games.

Best example would be spotting: 3D spotting wasn't an issue for most half decent players (despite what some very vocal and annoyingly loud youtubers said/say) because it was less about being seen and more about knowing that you're likely always going to have the possibility of being marked but so do all your opponents and thus you use it against them it becomes more about brain than just aim - raw aim is not what battlefield is, thats more counter-strike. Spotting being removed created a horrible camping dynamic that we have across the board even without the AT rifle in the mix. Spotting created far more engagements in the matches making it less of a camp fest and less frustrating and way more fun. Funny thing is a lot of people want spotting back like it was or something close too it now - people want the AT rifle nerfed not because they've considered its strengths and weaknesses but because they just do not like dying - they want a power fantasy  they want to be that solider that destroys everyone ... failing to remember they're in a multiplayer game and others want it too.

Back to the gun: People dont seem to realise that the gun itself is hard countered by the class that uses it because other snipers are just simply far superior. Very rarely will you see someone with this gun top frag the entire match because 9/10 times the opposing snipers will get the AT rifle user. 
  • Hawxxeye
    5149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 28
    I felt an incredible feeling after starting to use the Kar98k when I realised I could do some Boys assignments with it.
    Compared  to the Boys rifle the Kar98k suddenly felt so versatile and fast firing and easy to hit in, you do not have to aim 1cm above the head of someone in the screen to hit them when they are at 250m away  et, plus you can actually move to dodge some shots.
    Edit: and ofc you do not have to be prone or have a reliable place to deploy the bipod to ADS