New player on Battlefield V

Phil995511
14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited May 28
Hello,

I'm a new player from Battlefield V, this is my first experience in Battlefield. I have been playing FPS for years : Counter Strike, Ghost recon On-line, Call of Duty, etc...

It's been a week since I played Battlefield V, this game is much too difficult to take in hand and play. Many of my friends tested the game and did not buy it for that reason.

The snipers are too weak, they should kill if you shoot above the knees with the best weapons (Kar98) and in the bust for others (Lee Enfield, etc). With the current settings, in addition to being too hard, this game is not realistic. Shooting in a femoral artery kills people at 100% chance in real life...

The planes are much too strong against the infantry they see us, target us and kill us realy too easily.

Enemies are also far too difficult to spot. At times I'm disgusted to play and die 30 times in one game to kill 3 enemies. 

After 40 hours of play and very little fun to play, I wonder if I will continue...

If you do not improve the gameplay, it will be my first and last Battlefield purchased.

Regards.

Comments

• CloneTrooperCT
    224 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    About the sniper rifles you have to upgrade them to make shooting smoothly.
    Also if a target is far away you need to place the cross higher.
    It's not like hold cross on head and headshot over a range of 250m. You have to take care about gravity.

If you need more help. Ask I play it since the launch
  • Phil995511
    Hello CloneTrooperCT and thank you very much for your advice.

I already know that and unfortunately it does not help me ;(

I use a GEWEHR M95 / 30 and I have to touch the head to kill. It is much too difficult and almost impossible to long distance, this game is too difficult and not realistic.
  • ElliotLH
    7249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 28
    Phil995511 wrote: »
    Hello CloneTrooperCT and thank you very much for your advice.

I already know that and unfortunately it does not help me ;(
    I use a GEWEHR M95 / 30 and I have to touch the head to kill. It is much too difficult and almost impossible to long distance, this game is too difficult and not realistic.

That's just how bolt action rifles act in this game. Either aim for the head or be prepared to double-tap them.

Killing enemies becomes easier the closer you are to the flag, as you can see them better and don't need to account for drop. It's less boring too.
  • Phil995511
    edited May 28
    I'm sorry BFV is your first experience in the Battlefield franchise. Past Battlefield games are much more fun to play.
    You understand me well I think ... this game is not fun enough to play.

Marketing a game to satisfy only 3% of players is a big commerciale mistake...
  • Logosoft
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!
  • Marcusspinner
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 28
    The methode in Battlefield is a play style you want to adopt. First of all camping is not forbidden. Most of the time I camp and rush alternative. So stay in a spot if the Battlefield becomes to chaotic. Rush when you want to flank or attack head on. Sniping is one of the more difficult aspects of the game. I would say stay with the other classes for now Medic or Support, later when you manage recoil, go for Assault to have a long distance fight with the carbines and get in the chaotic battles with tanks. When you manage Assault play the recon by staying in the background or be stealth by playing the objective. 
  • Phil995511
    Logosoft said:
    RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!
    You make me laugh :) I don't want to play at olympic games.

Thank you for the smile that you made me have fun !
  • FragbaitDax
    179 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Your instincts are right, this is a game with many significant problems. The playerbase is in decline and the only people left are the hardcore fans who are ADAD spamming super soldiers, or masochists like myself who play for 10 minutes and remember why they hate so many parts of the game.

Try a different game for now, perhaps even BF1 and come back in another 6 months to see if there's any meaningful improvement. 
  • Phil995511
    edited May 28
    Your instincts are right, this is a game with many significant problems. The playerbase is in decline and the only people left are the hardcore fans who are ADAD spamming super soldiers, or masochists like myself who play for 10 minutes and remember why they hate so many parts of the game.

Try a different game for now, perhaps even BF1 and come back in another 6 months to see if there's any meaningful improvement. 
    Thank you very much for your sincerity.

I pre-ordered the game, the Beta was already terribly difficult to play... 

I have already waited 6 months to try to play more at it, I am very disappointed with the lack of evolution of the gameplay.

I'm afraid that in 6 months almost nobody is still playing this game, the servers are already partly empty at times ;(

I understand you too well, I also have the feeling of being mazochist when I spend an afternoon to be killed no stopping and to be able to do nothing of what I would like to do...
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1079 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Save your coins for stuff like M28 and the Luger.  Maybe start out as a medic or Support.  I started out with medic and played that a long time exclusively.  Only switched when I need to take out a take then flipped to support and toss two tank mines near and shoot them to pop a tank. Then eventually branched out to Support.  Then a little bit of recon and assault.  Didn't use recon much until the Luger and Boys AT was released.  Also don't forget to tinker with specializations for each weapon to improve them.
  • KIIXXVI
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 28
    I play Medic exclusively and have over 600+ hours played. At first the game was a bit hard to adjust to but so far it has been a pleasant experience. I have been playing Battlefield since BF4 so far it is still my favorite but I do enjoy V very much. 

I mostly try to PTFO either with randoms or friends some people listen some people don't but it is usually a better experience when you have the squad working together. 

The visibility problem is just due to camo, most times yes I am surprised by an enemy I can't see but eventually you will adjust over time. Again I mostly play medic so I am usually trying to be aware of my full surroundings while healing/reviving people.

I play a lot of Breakthrough, Frontlines & TDM
  • SirSpectacle
    729 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The snipers are too weak, they should kill if you shoot above the knees with the best weapons (Kar98) and in the bust for others (Lee Enfield, etc). With the current settings, in addition to being too hard, this game is not realistic. Shooting in a femoral artery kills people at 100% chance in real life...

If you want realism, then bullets should do the same damage if they're fired from a sniper rifle or an LMG. I'm sure that nobody would want to play a shooter where machine guns with 600+ ROF can kill with one bullet....
  • Key2Destiny
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You should just uninstall, the game is not worth it and I don't ever see the game being worth it. Also it's probably not a bad idea to uninstall Origin while you're at it, and yes I am being serious.
  • Zenga
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello,

I'm a new player from Battlefield V, this is my first experience in Battlefield. I have been playing FPS for years : Counter Strike, Ghost recon On-line, Call of Duty, etc...

It's been a week since I played Battlefield V, this game is much too difficult to take in hand and play. Many of my friends tested the game and did not buy it for that reason.

The planes are much too strong against the infantry they see us, target us and kill us realy too easily.

Enemies are also far too difficult to spot. At times I'm disgusted to play and die 30 times in one game to kill 3 enemies. 

After 40 hours of play and very little fun to play, I wonder if I will continue...

If you do not improve the gameplay, it will be my first and last Battlefield purchased.

Regards.

Don't start with sniper, unless you're able to land headshots frequently. I would suggest you start with either Assault or Support with an LMG. Lewis or KE7 are very versatile. Medics have a high survivability, but most of the time you have to be very near the enemy to kill someone. If your twitch-shooting skills are high, then a medic with a Sten can be effective as well. Play maps and modes without airplanes, because honestly, planes suck the life out of matches. It's mostly people just farming for their KD. Don't worry about dying a lot early on, it's normal. You will learn with time, but most important things are moving while staying in as much cover as possible, using routes that are safe from enemy fire and knowing when to charge and when to move carefully. Watch other players, see which routes they're using. Stay in group, you'll have higher chances of being revived. Most maps are predictable - about 70% of people will move through exact same routes at exact same times, so it's not too hard knowing generally what's happening once you figure out the patterns. With all this said, you should also keep in mind that Battlefield is basically under construction. It's not a finished game and was probably not meant to be released at all so soon.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Boy, you just haven't played BF1 or BF3.
  • parkingbrake
    3113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello,

Regards.

Your first mistake is thinking that how things work in a game should be based on how they work in real life.  If BFV was like real combat in WWII, some rounds you would die from enemy artillery before getting close enough to the other team to fire a shot.  You also would not be able to spawn on a radio beacon on the other side of the map, or be instantly healed of horrible wounds, or instantly reload your ammo by touching a crate, or repair a damaged tank in moments with a blow torch and so on.  Battlefield (and most games) are full of wildly unrealistic elements, otherwise they wouldn't be much fun.  You don't get to pick and choose which fictional elements you like and which you don't, it's a package deal.

If you think snipers are too weak, play another class--the consensus is that the Assault class is anything but weak.   But if all you want to do is sit back and stare into a sniper scope, please don't join my team, we don't need useless players who do nothing to help us win.

Opponents are usually not difficult to spot if you use your eyes and look for them in locations where experience should have taught you they will be.  If you slow down and think tactically your kill-death ratio will improve.

Planes can be very annoying, if your team has no good fighter pilots then you can be bombed all round--DICE has made AA weapons less useful against aircraft than they were at one point.

Forty hours really isn't much time in a game like this.  It took me a lot longer than that to even begin to improve, and I'm still quite bad compared to many, many other players.  It really sounds like you are approaching this game in a way likely to produce poor results.  There are many useful videos online on how to play better, and if you are playing with friends and use teamwork that can help a lot too.  Honestly, it isn't the gameplay, it's you.  BFV can be a challenging game, so you can decide to meet that challenge, or you can quit.  Your choice.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Boy, you just haven't played BF1 or BF3.
    Or Battlefield 2 for that matter ... or any of the Refactor engine games, where vehicles were nearly unstoppable against infantry.
  • superteds
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 28
    you can't ask for realism with snipers and then complain that planes kill people. they're sort of good at that, carrying cannons and high calibre mgs, bombs and rockets will do that.
  • Godhates1234
    411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KIIXXVI wrote: »
    I play Medic exclusively and have over 600+ hours played. At first the game was a bit hard to adjust to but so far it has been a pleasant experience. I have been playing Battlefield since BF4 so far it is still my favorite but I do enjoy V very much. 

I mostly try to PTFO either with randoms or friends some people listen some people don't but it is usually a better experience when you have the squad working together. 

The visibility problem is just due to camo, most times yes I am surprised by an enemy I can't see but eventually you will adjust over time. Again I mostly play medic so I am usually trying to be aware of my full surroundings while healing/reviving people.

I play a lot of Breakthrough, Frontlines & TDM

What weapon do you use as medic?