Weekly Debrief

Where have all the players gone?

gailjon
77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Tried to get onto a game today, only managed to get into a game with 6 players one side and 2 the other. Hung around waiting for match to start when players joined. No-one joined, gave up. Tried several different modes, no games to join, left.
No way is everyone on Firestorm (please, don't let everyone be on Firecack just because Dice have said you have to get assignments on Firecack.) are they?

Yay.

Comments

• DrunkOnRedWine
    1603 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 28
    Terrible performance from the last two patches, removal of data-centres (UK and US) and lack of content - it's almost as if DICE / EA want this game to disappear....

Last night at 21:00 couldn't even find a game of Devastation Conquest or Frontlines in Europe.
  • TFBisquit
    1711 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, the glass is definitely getting emptier on the Euro front. Lesser and lesser players means eol unfortunately. But to be fair, the game isn't that exciting to play day after day. At least not for me.
  • CrashCA
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Too many unfixed/ignored issues.
    Used to love this series, now can barely tolerate it
  • Sk1lld
    554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Come in from time to time, waiting for the one bullet netcode fix, for the balance issues to be fixed, the no footsteps or tank sounds issues to be fixed and more effort put into the cheater infestation.
    Who am I kidding.
  • BassMan_PC
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 28
    Crashes to desktop, stuttering and other performance issues combined with a lack of new maps and poor anti-cheat is a good way to kill off a community.
  • MsieurLeodagan
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I play bf4
  • S0magical
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    tbh, the patch before the latest, me and my gf have been on most nights,, still get frustrated with bugs and problems but when it was good it was great. after the latest patch however it has literally taken a nose dive like battlefronts player base did... im getting random stutters all the time for no reason at all - never had them before this patch (i7 8700k RTX 2080), im dying behind cover a hell of a lot more, and then theres random sound bugs from aircraft.. it is an absolute joke.

a "triple A" title cant patch things without breaking a bunch of things in the process.. whoever is doing QA should be fired. 

If its not Nvidia messing FPS with patches  its Dice not being able to patch their own game. disgraceful. This will hurt you more than you think. The player count will drop and then the investors will blame it on something completely irrelevant. The core gameplay is the best battlefield has been since BF4, and it was a much needed refresh to not have "doritos" everywhere, 80% of the maps are pretty good.. the problem is the lack of maps, people are already getting a bit "bluuurg" about playing the same maps over and over, then you release panzerstorm as the first DLC and its probably one of the worst maps... and finally lack of any actual innovation beside attrition and doritos. you killed rush, the second most popular gametype in BF3, and they are slowly killikng the franchise as well.

rant over..
  • zenn_nme
    812 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Used to play 3 hours a day, right now maybe an hour at most. 'Cause the patches seem to break more than they fix.
    Also bored, still no content; lack of iconic maps & iconic weapons. Yet they're adding 'Heroes Elites' which are a waste of time & money.
  • DaChileanSeabass
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bad performance after latest patches. Before I played maybe 5 hours a week and before when firestorm was populated was on at least everyday.
  • Netranger9
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No new content,no players,its not rocket science.I uninstalled a month ago because it was really starting to become a chore to play.

• Jinko_itx
    739 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    a major uptick in cheating, it is very dissapointing
  • jboyd9005
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Seems like only the ESP, bots, and hacks are sticking around …. most large scale set of cheats since last patches; suspect new major Block Sets of cheats coming from somewhere. Still fun to occasionally take one of them out; but more just boredom trying to get a few personal objectives done - they don't seem to care that anyone knows and revel in the chaos they bring to the game. I refuse to cheat, but seems many just got on the bandwagon to try to have a little fun. Probably my last EA/DICE FPS in my lifetime.
  • NrMonkey
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 29
    I'd go with all of the above. Lack of content, crashing to desktop (which I think after last patch has stopped, can't be sure it will probably get me when I least expect it). Now we have stuttering, which in an FPS game means death. Also silly bits added, like yellow glowing screens for healing, now the outer edges just glow. Whats all that about? I don't need or have ever needed a glowing yellow screen to tell me I'm healing since BF1942 (favorite game of all time). Don't get me started on Firestorm. Although on a good note I have found BF4. Good game never tried it until this week its a lot of fun.
    Post edited by NrMonkey on
  • Avatra
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I usually just play for the trial by fire thingy, if it's something interesting, I'll play a couple of matches until it's unlocked, then I'll do something else until next week. I feel no need or want to play bfv anymore.

(When they added the BFC & "elite skins" it made battlefield feel tacky, along side other complaints that has been voiced)
  • gailjon
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can really understand why no decent, honest players have a real go with this price of  rubbish. 
    Just had a go at trying to get the disable turret assignment sand spent the entire game being sniped with Boys o, blown up by another Tiger tank or bombed by a plane. 
    All of the top scorers were recon, plane or tank. The bottom half of the scoreboard were players on 1-5 kills while the top players were on 30+
    I literally couldn't even advance to an objective without being one-shotted by a boys or blown up by another tank.
    the Panzerfaust needs a real boost in these situations as the tank crews on each side seem to actively avoid actually shooting other tanks.
  • g0merpile
    676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    situations as the tank crews on each side seem to actively avoid actually shooting other tanks.

Nothing has changed, this is the same as bf4, even bf42. The point system needs to be removed.
  • IlIRAPT0RIlI
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    took away rush, and too many cheaters. I won't be back
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2039 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I returned to BF1 because this game is a major let down on more fronts that I can count.