At rifle

DRUNKMONKEY9821
84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Really like there aren't enough snipers now you give them a way to one piece and hit tanks easy.what about support?

Comments

• Noromiz
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 29
    Literally any Bolt-Action Rifle is better against infantry than the Boyz AT, as it got extreme drag, low bullet velocity and a long reload time. It is also impossible to kill someone over 100m unless they are wounded or with a headshot, so at that range it is clearly worse that regular Bolt-Action Rifles :(
    It is a bit gimmicky to one-hit-kill with it, but unless you are truly camping at capture/choke points you will rarely get to use it.

It is also nearly impossible to take out 75 % of the vehicles you meet with it, as anything from a Medium Tank and above is a no-go unless they are heavily damaged or terrible at driving (PzIV needs 7 shots to the rear to be destroyed with the 15 damage I do). It is decent against Light Tanks and Transports though, and with enough luck you can cripple the enemy vehicle.

If support had gotten it they would have 3 slots with AT equipment and they would be able to resupply all of it, so lets not do that.
    - They would have Boys AT Rifle for Primary, Sturmpistole or AT-Mines for Gadget and Sticky Grenade for the Grenade Slot (ok, the Sticky Grenade sucks, I know).

I think it is fine the Recon got it as they are way easier to deal with now and much less annoying, and it is adorable when they use their tiny little pew-pew gun against my Heavy Tank ^^

EDIT: I forgot to say that might chance when DICE fix the AP rounds for it so that they deal damage to Tanks, but we will see that in a few months.
    Also, since at least one of the more renown live-streamers call it OP the gun will probably get nerfed into oblivion anyway, so you win.
  • xeNizKing
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Noromiz said:
    Literally any Bolt-Action Rifle is better against infantry than the Boyz AT, as it got extreme drag, low bullet velocity and a long reload time. It is also impossible to kill someone over 100m unless they are wounded or with a headshot, so at that range it is clearly worse that regular Bolt-Action Rifles :(
    It is a bit gimmicky to one-hit-kill with it, but unless you are truly camping at capture/choke points you will rarely get to use it.

It is also nearly impossible to take out 75 % of the vehicles you meet with it, as anything from a Medium Tank and above is a no-go unless they are heavily damaged or terrible at driving (PzIV needs 7 shots to the rear to be destroyed with the 15 damage I do). It is decent against Light Tanks and Transports though, and with enough luck you can cripple the enemy vehicle.

If support had gotten it they would have 3 slots with AT equipment and they would be able to resupply all of it, so lets not do that.
    - They would have Boys AT Rifle for Primary, Sturmpistole or AT-Mines for Gadget and Sticky Grenade for the Grenade Slot (ok, the Sticky Grenade sucks, I know).

I think it is fine the Recon got it as they are way easier to deal with now and much less annoying, and it is adorable when they use their tiny little pew-pew gun against my Heavy Tank ^^

EDIT: I forgot to say that might chance when DICE fix the AP rounds for it so that they deal damage to Tanks, but we will see that in a few months.
    Also, since at least one of the more renown live-streamers call it OP the gun will probably get nerfed into oblivion anyway, so you win.
    I am honestly sick to death of how much streamers and youtubers impact how things are balanced. What ever they want happens. Doesn't matter if its a childish tantrum, doesn't matter if its a stupid rant or a poorly thought out biased point of view. Because they have a following, it effects the game. Annoying af.
  • sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cos we needed another thread on this topic.
  • Godmodegta
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't see the AT rifle a problem, if people really think it OP. Here some nurf idea , hand or legs hits , dont count as One hit kill, decrease range 80m , and  the bullet should do half the damage after penetrating first enemy  instead instant killing  2nd enemy.
  • ElliotLH
    7706 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You know we already have several threads about the Boys already? One is even at 6 pages right now: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/188141/boys-at-rifle-has-caused-so-much-salt/p1
  • Hawxxeye
    5145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 29
    The boys AT rifle provides tanks with free recon kills and you are complaining?
    You can more easily kill a large insect by shooting with with a Nerf foam projectile gun than a tank with the AT rifle