Anyone still having doubts about stupidity of a "Live Service"?

Comments

• LinkZeppeloyd
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LOL of course not. BF5 and Battlefront 2 are the only games to actually make my jaw hurt do to all the clenching I do when playing the games, and not a big surprise but both are made by DICE and published by EA. Both games came out half baked and due to that the player base is really low in both games. Low content wouldn't be a problem if the games actually played half decently but they have so many problems that fail to get fixed the core of both games are buggy messes.

Anthem is identical, but even more of a fire than BFV and BFront2. Frostbyte, full price yet f2p economy and grind, live service. They’re three peas in a sad pod. This is the future of EA and their subscription model.
  • Key2Destiny
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LOL of course not. BF5 and Battlefront 2 are the only games to actually make my jaw hurt do to all the clenching I do when playing the games, and not a big surprise but both are made by DICE and published by EA. Both games came out half baked and due to that the player base is really low in both games. Low content wouldn't be a problem if the games actually played half decently but they have so many problems that fail to get fixed the core of both games are buggy messes.

Anthem is identical, but even more of a fire than BFV and BFront2. Frostbyte, full price yet f2p economy and grind, live service. They’re three peas in a sad pod. This is the future of EA and their subscription model.
    I would've mentioned Anthem but I haven't bought a Bioware game since Mass Effect Andromeda and we all know how that turned out.
  • baroncrovax
    242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dcs500 wrote: »
    TheNoobPolice said:
    When a single map gets it's own trailer, you know things have taken a downturn.

The golden shill Westie is currently spamming twitter about it like it’s the second coming.

There's some irony that it literally is the second one coming. At least BFV maps have a better track record than Jesus.
  • Logosoft
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just go to the @Braddock512 profile and you will see he did not reply to any comment. Like, just go scroll, you will see a lot of comments, but none are answered. Ok tbh he replied only to one, but with WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT lol. DICE put the players on "ignore", live service is just a pretty cover.
  • trip1ex
    4650 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    well when all is said and done if they have ~10 extra maps and you don't have to pay for them then it's a great thing.   It's also very nice that you don't have the community splitting nature of paid maps.  

Last, in terms of amount of content since launch,  BFV got  Firestorm.  LIke it or not, play it or not, it was a big piece of content. 

• M_Rat13
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks said:
    Live service can be great.

DICE just really really really sucks at it. So no, I have no doubts about the stupidity of a live service when done by DICE/EA.

It feels intentional at this point. Like they want live service to be so bad they can force paid DLC down our throats and we'll accept it becuase it isn't this lol.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Currently people seem to be super excited....over a single map being released. YouTubers and players alike are celebrating that we're finally getting maps. But do I have to remind you that during BF1's life, we already had 5 maps released, and 6th map was planned for June. Then there was Tsar DLC with 6 more maps, and first half of TT with 2 more maps planned until the end of the year.

Do you actually believe that we're getting at least 10 fully fledged multiplayer maps by the end of this year?? I've heard people saying that we're getting 7-8 maps with US expansion. Are you people crazy or that naive?
    At this same point in BF4 there were 22 maps, with 11 more on the way.  And while they were creating all that new content they fixed a game that was so broken at launch that in comparison BFV is almost perfect.  By the end of its development BF4 ran better than BFV does now.

Paid DLC/Premium resulted in bigger and better games, and fast repair work as well.  Live Service is an unfunny joke.  There might be companies that know how to do Live Service well, but EA is clearly not one of them.
  • hawkseye17
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Give me premium any day. 
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheNoobPolice said:

The golden shill Westie is currently spamming twitter about it like it’s the second coming.

There's some irony that it literally is the second one coming. At least BFV maps have a better track record than Jesus.

Whatcha got against Jesus?
  • xeNizKing
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    Splitting the player base was always just an excuse for people who didn't want to buy Premium/DLC, nothing more nothing less.

As for this attempt at 'live Service', we will only know for certain at the end of BFV's life cycle when all has been delivered.

Whilst some benefit of the doubt is still being afforded, the out look is not good so far.

Premium still looks the better model for me.
    nailed it.
  • Matty101yttam
    795 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've always said i don't mind paying extra for games on release if they're good quality, personally i would never include maps in that though, that's where they went wrong.
    Maps should be free, content like guns, cosmetics, singleplayer missions, creator art and tools(things people can use in their video's that wont get flagged for copyright like video's/sounds/etc) should be premium content.
    The reason a lot of free to play games work is because multiplayer requires players, so you want to have 0 barriers in the amount of players playing your core game and then monetise everything else.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've always said i don't mind paying extra for games on release if they're good quality, personally i would never include maps in that though, that's where they went wrong.
    Maps should be free, content like guns, cosmetics, singleplayer missions, creator art and tools(things people can use in their video's that wont get flagged for copyright like video's/sounds/etc) should be premium content.
    The reason a lot of free to play games work is because multiplayer requires players, so you want to have 0 barriers in the amount of players playing your core game and then monetise everything else.

Correct, and also why DICE should stop having 147 crappy buggy temporary modes that *actually* split the player base. Just choose 3 modes and stick with them, and instead of wasting time on temp modes that are only on a few maps, constantly be working on new maps that everyone can play on every mode.
  • Hrushka80
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 29
    At this point, I'm pretty much directly in the [removed] EA and Dice camp. This game, that I bought the DD version has been an utter rip off. I'm only still playing because I already paid for it... but good luck getting another cent out of me guys. In fact, unless they pull a rabbit out of some deep dark place and turn this around... I'm perfectly fine with company, publisher and franchise going under.

I've played this series since 1942, and frankly, I'm perfectly fine with it being over with this one.

To those that defend this crap, claiming that this is what takes to survive as a company, and we should be happy cause...  otherwise it'd be gone.... we should be so lucky.
    [edited for profanity]
    Post edited by ragnarok013 on
  • baroncrovax
    242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DJTN1 wrote: »
    TheNoobPolice said:

Well release wise, unfortunately Dice is winning. That said, Dice cannot compare when you compare bugs healed.
  • ElliotLH
    7755 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DJTN1 wrote: »
    TheNoobPolice said:

Well release wise, unfortunately Dice is winning. That said, Dice cannot compare when you compare bugs healed.
    Plus Jesus is more fun to have at parties, with all the water-in-to-wine stuff.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think DICE / EA will now admit the live service has been an unmitigated failure.