Boys AT rifle has caused so much salt

Comments

• SillySinStorm
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not been a huge issue for me as the user has stayed in the same place more often than not. I either ping them when downed for others to mop up or take them out myself when i respawn. People soon get bored of using it, in my experience, as it's basically a noisy "here i am" advert.
  • M_Rat13
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like the Bren since it closely resembles the best LMG of the war (the Type 99). But stat wise the horizontal recoil reduction isn't worth all that ammo capacity and RoF you lose out on.

Well I guess it's personal preference. Either way, both these guns are great at taking out the Boys AT rifle ;)
  • AssassinoX1
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bad netcode and server ping issues are it's greatest enemy.
  • MsieurLeodagan
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Because its cheap to use. You don't need any skills to use it. Just get on some hill with good oversight and oneshot people without even aiming that much. Think of it as having mosquito flying next to your ear when you're in bed trying to have some sleep.

Its annoying and not fun to play against. I've had multiple situation already where 4-5 enemy players would camp in a single area, shooting down on us. In that case, I picked up recon with bolt action rifle and went on a hunt. After I've killed those AT campers a couple of times each, they just gave up or tried changing position.

amazing how the developers are destroying the gameplay
  • rammy7033
    32 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    quick reminder that you can in fact do a lot of damage and force tanks to relocate with the boys. Use a 6× scope and zero it to 300+m and sit across the map. Even the best tankers cannot hit you across the map. I tend to only do it when a tank is giving my team's infantry trouble such as when capping an objective. Otherwise your wasting the rifles unique ohko property.
  • Leetch002_mtdrh
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There's a large contingent of players that all they want is run n' gun and hate the camper's play style.  They hate when they run across a field in plain sight and get one-shot or stand in one place too long and get one shot.  They hate someone sitting in a corner with an LMG or MMG waiting for the lemmings to run by. They would rather have a full game inside the cathedral just tossing grenades and firing away than having to cross fields strategically.   To be fair, it is annoying when you run for what seems like 10 minutes to get somewhere then get one-shot. 

Personally, I'm more annoyed with the ability to sit on an ammo crate and spam 2 flares at a time.  
  • Trokey66
    8159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I may keep on using it after the assignment if it causes this many tears!
  • GoldenBoris
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 28
    The whole games broken... my nades do 15-45 damage and dont remember the last time I got a nade kill

BUT at full hp a nade lands beside me... I start to run away even getting good distance from the nade and booom insta death.

Ive hit whole squad plus team members with nade rifle less then 50 damage... no kills

At full hp get hit by rifle nade and 2 squad members insta die.

Yesterday take cover in a closet while a tank is pounding the house... Some dude midrange hipshots me through all the smoke and debris with the AT gun..and of course by the time the kill cam polays dudes not even on attacking angle and super far away. I mean he's running down the hill sidewayson the opposite side of the house closet.

Whole mags to kill enemies while they one shot me at dumb ranges every single time...

Othernight... two headshots and a body shot on this one guy midrange with one of the lmg... no kill

BUT sure as hell I get haedshotted with a pistol at long range at full f'hp
  • Hawxxeye
    5161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 28
    Do you noticed how the AT rifle whine has died down as most people finally unlocked it and saw how difficult it is to get lots of kills with it.
    The boys AT rifle is just a meme gun

• Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Haven't used it since I haven't played in a long time, but the only issue I see is it's further encouraging more camping in a game already plagued with slow campy gameplay. It's nice that there's actually an effective bolt action now, but only if you play defensively or as long ranged support unfortunately.
  • ElliotLH
    7712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

You definitely should.

--

I'm up to 400ish kills with it so far and having an alright time. I even had to talk myself out of buying BFC so I could get that pretty skin they've released.
  • MsieurLeodagan
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Now, maps as Hamadad : full snipers with boyz. Very good job seriously Dice : gameplay RIP.
  • Trokey66
    8159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Now, maps as Hamadad : full snipers with boyz. Very good job seriously Dice : gameplay RIP.

Makes a change from being full of Assualts.

Same poo, different class.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CaptHotah said:
    Because it's just annoying getting killed by it knowing that the person using it needs 0 skill to get kills with it. But if this is what it takes to keep ppl playing this game then so be it.

I cant wait for RSP to play on servers where this and the mmg's are banned.
    Of course you are wrong about it requiring zero skill, common sense should have kept you from typing that.  If this weapon really requires no skill to use, then everyone should get identical results from using it, the most confused noob who buys it or the leaderboard ace who unlocked it in three games--they should both generate the same stats if in fact skill plays no part in it.

Obviously that is not the case, some players will do far better with it.  And what do we call the difference between the noob and the ace?  That's right, "skill".
  • M_Rat13
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    Trokey66 wrote: »

You definitely should.

--

I'm up to 400ish kills with it so far and having an alright time. I even had to talk myself out of buying BFC so I could get that pretty skin they've released.

Personally I think it's the one gun I'll keep the predator skin on, if only to call it the 'jolly green giant' ;)
  • DukeSan27
    1105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    rammy7033 said:
    quick reminder that you can in fact do a lot of damage and force tanks to relocate with the boys. Use a 6× scope and zero it to 300+m and sit across the map. Even the best tankers cannot hit you across the map. I tend to only do it when a tank is giving my team's infantry trouble such as when capping an objective. Otherwise your wasting the rifles unique ohko property.
    Sniper dreams...
  • xeNizKing
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xeNizKing wrote: »
    M_Rat13 said:
    being spammed by a squad while a tanker is in a staghound (RIP).

Those poor staghounds never stood a chance.

I was in one today had several hits on me from the AT rifle + a panzerfaust. My end was quick at least lol
  • NN_Buzz12
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not saying this game should be like real life.  I've seen this weapon in real life though and it's a crew served weapon.  Three troops would be required to lug it around with ammo.  Two to carry it and one to carry limited ammo.
  • InS_Hypno
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same reason why shotguns are annoying 

No possibility for counter play

Allow low skill players to get kills easily

And it also promotes camping off cap
  • full951
    2405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Personally, I'm more annoyed with the ability to sit on an ammo crate and spam 2 flares at a time.  

With most maps doing this will put you near or top the board. Especially if you are pushing with the sqaud on a sqaud ordered flag.