New player on Battlefield V

2»

Comments

• xeNizKing
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 29
    superteds said:
    you can't ask for realism with snipers and then complain that planes kill people. they're sort of good at that, carrying cannons and high calibre mgs, bombs and rockets will do that.
    Yup they should just be happy DICE neutered planes hard....almost none if any of the mounted machine guns on planes do any splash damage. At the very least the hisp machine guns do but barely.....

So boring we have to rely on blind bombs and blind strafes half the time...
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry you're having a rough go at it mate. Try the practice range and learn a gun. Then do some co-op missions. You can play against the bots on easy and it'll help you get acclimated with BF's clumsy mechanics. Then hit up multiplayer. Your going to need to learn the maps and where the common paths are before you can position and adjust yourself to win a gun fight.

One things for sure, nothing in BFV is consistent. The net code is trash, causing swings in the frame rate. The animations, hit reg, movement, bullets, everything depends on the frame rate. It can be very aggravating but every once in a while you'll have a decent game that's lots of fun.

Good luck!
  • kismo1980
    28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah been there my friend.

How things changed for me:
    - pick a class you like and google some players who are very good at playing that class and watch if they have tutorial videos
    - then, pick the soldier and play solo combined arms until you upgrade the weapon or focus on online weapon upgrading
    - learn flanking, positioning and aiming - spend some time in the training grounds to learn how to shoot and move fast
    - find a mouse sensitivity that works for you
    - learning how to see players - takes time, your eye gets used to it eventually
    - don't rush and stay in the back of the team, try to support them before jumping in forward. Later on you will be more comfortable to be in front. Watch for flanking enemies.
    - if you play recon, learn types of shots: lead shot, flick shot, etc..
    - set Mesh to medium setting - it reduces the clutter on the terrain and helps you see enemies
    - don't give up - when you play the worst is the best time to learn :)

One last thing - have fun with it and turn of chat - all you can see is:
    Cheater, EZ, Noobs, &^%$%^ Team, etc
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DJTN1 said:
    Sorry you're having a rough go at it mate. Try the practice range and learn a gun. Then do some co-op missions. You can play against the bots on easy and it'll help you get acclimated with BF's clumsy mechanics. Then hit up multiplayer. Your going to need to learn the maps and where the common paths are before you can position and adjust yourself to win a gun fight.

One things for sure, nothing in BFV is consistent. The net code is trash, causing swings in the frame rate. The animations, hit reg, movement, bullets, everything depends on the frame rate. It can be very aggravating but every once in a while you'll have a decent game that's lots of fun.

Good luck!
    I had several game tonight that were a ton of fun, had a really good time.  Then came back later and it was horrible, the game felt like I was wading through wet cement with a strobe light on my head as the other team always seemed to know where I was, I ended up quitting halfway through a round which I rarely do (although my team was so clueless I was getting frustrated).  That DICE can't even get network performance where it was in late BF4 is astonishing.  EA really needs to look at a new design studio for future BF titles, but then EA also needs a management shakeup based on their incredibly bad business decisions in BFV.
  • Phil995511
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Save your coins for stuff like M28 and the Luger.  Maybe start out as a medic or Support.  I started out with medic and played that a long time exclusively.  Only switched when I need to take out a take then flipped to support and toss two tank mines near and shoot them to pop a tank. Then eventually branched out to Support.  Then a little bit of recon and assault.  Didn't use recon much until the Luger and Boys AT was released.  Also don't forget to tinker with specializations for each weapon to improve them.
    Thank you for your advice, the sniper is my faviri character, the doctor comes second, then the assault and to finish the support (I dont like it). I prefer to play with characters that I enjoy even if it's hard... I'm really passionate only by the sniper.
  • Phil995511
    KIIXXVI said:
    I play Medic exclusively and have over 600+ hours played. At first the game was a bit hard to adjust to but so far it has been a pleasant experience. I have been playing Battlefield since BF4 so far it is still my favorite but I do enjoy V very much. 

I mostly try to PTFO either with randoms or friends some people listen some people don't but it is usually a better experience when you have the squad working together. 

The visibility problem is just due to camo, most times yes I am surprised by an enemy I can't see but eventually you will adjust over time. Again I mostly play medic so I am usually trying to be aware of my full surroundings while healing/reviving people.

I play a lot of Breakthrough, Frontlines & TDM
    You're right I'll be happier playing with a team... The game is more difficult and less exciting when you are alone.
  • Phil995511
    The snipers are too weak, they should kill if you shoot above the knees with the best weapons (Kar98) and in the bust for others (Lee Enfield, etc). With the current settings, in addition to being too hard, this game is not realistic. Shooting in a femoral artery kills people at 100% chance in real life...

If you want realism, then bullets should do the same damage if they're fired from a sniper rifle or an LMG. I'm sure that nobody would want to play a shooter where machine guns with 600+ ROF can kill with one bullet....
    Do not make me say what I did not say :) I just want a Kar98 that kills in one shot. Note that if you offer me a pretty nurse to heal my wounds I think I'll accept :)
  • Phil995511
    edited May 29
    You should just uninstall, the game is not worth it and I don't ever see the game being worth it. Also it's probably not a bad idea to uninstall Origin while you're at it, and yes I am being serious.

Phil995511 said:
    I've been doing computer science for 37 years and I've known EA for 37 years as well. I remember Ocean Software, Imagine Software, of so many others that still exist and those that have disappeared. The EA games are good, but we can not please each time in the same way. Like Hollywood films, they lack a little creativity in recent years.
    Post edited by Phil995511 on
  • Phil995511
    Zenga said:
    Hello,

I'm a new player from Battlefield V, this is my first experience in Battlefield. I have been playing FPS for years : Counter Strike, Ghost recon On-line, Call of Duty, etc...

It's been a week since I played Battlefield V, this game is much too difficult to take in hand and play. Many of my friends tested the game and did not buy it for that reason.

The snipers are too weak, they should kill if you shoot above the knees with the best weapons (Kar98) and in the bust for others (Lee Enfield, etc). With the current settings, in addition to being too hard, this game is not realistic. Shooting in a femoral artery kills people at 100% chance in real life...

The planes are much too strong against the infantry they see us, target us and kill us realy too easily.

Enemies are also far too difficult to spot. At times I'm disgusted to play and die 30 times in one game to kill 3 enemies. 

After 40 hours of play and very little fun to play, I wonder if I will continue...

If you do not improve the gameplay, it will be my first and last Battlefield purchased.

Regards.

Don't start with sniper, unless you're able to land headshots frequently. I would suggest you start with either Assault or Support with an LMG. Lewis or KE7 are very versatile. Medics have a high survivability, but most of the time you have to be very near the enemy to kill someone. If your twitch-shooting skills are high, then a medic with a Sten can be effective as well. Play maps and modes without airplanes, because honestly, planes suck the life out of matches. It's mostly people just farming for their KD. Don't worry about dying a lot early on, it's normal. You will learn with time, but most important things are moving while staying in as much cover as possible, using routes that are safe from enemy fire and knowing when to charge and when to move carefully. Watch other players, see which routes they're using. Stay in group, you'll have higher chances of being revived. Most maps are predictable - about 70% of people will move through exact same routes at exact same times, so it's not too hard knowing generally what's happening once you figure out the patterns. With all this said, you should also keep in mind that Battlefield is basically under construction. It's not a finished game and was probably not meant to be released at all so soon.
    Thank you very much for your excellent advice :)
  • Phil995511

The planes are much too strong against the infantry they see us, target us and kill us realy too easily.

Boy, you just haven't played BF1 or BF3.
    Only BF5
  • g0merpile
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 29
    About the sniper rifles you have to upgrade them to make shooting smoothly.
    Also if a target is far away you need to place the cross higher.
    It's not like hold cross on head and headshot over a range of 250m. You have to take care about gravity.

If you need more help. Ask I play it since the launch

This is why COD players wear pink and purple dresses while playing cod.
  • Phil995511
    Hello,

I'm a new player from Battlefield V, this is my first experience in Battlefield. I have been playing FPS for years : Counter Strike, Ghost recon On-line, Call of Duty, etc...

It's been a week since I played Battlefield V, this game is much too difficult to take in hand and play. Many of my friends tested the game and did not buy it for that reason.

Enemies are also far too difficult to spot. At times I'm disgusted to play and die 30 times in one game to kill 3 enemies. 

After 40 hours of play and very little fun to play, I wonder if I will continue...

If you do not improve the gameplay, it will be my first and last Battlefield purchased.

Regards.

Your first mistake is thinking that how things work in a game should be based on how they work in real life.  If BFV was like real combat in WWII, some rounds you would die from enemy artillery before getting close enough to the other team to fire a shot.  You also would not be able to spawn on a radio beacon on the other side of the map, or be instantly healed of horrible wounds, or instantly reload your ammo by touching a crate, or repair a damaged tank in moments with a blow torch and so on.  Battlefield (and most games) are full of wildly unrealistic elements, otherwise they wouldn't be much fun.  You don't get to pick and choose which fictional elements you like and which you don't, it's a package deal.

If you think snipers are too weak, play another class--the consensus is that the Assault class is anything but weak.   But if all you want to do is sit back and stare into a sniper scope, please don't join my team, we don't need useless players who do nothing to help us win.

Opponents are usually not difficult to spot if you use your eyes and look for them in locations where experience should have taught you they will be.  If you slow down and think tactically your kill-death ratio will improve.

Planes can be very annoying, if your team has no good fighter pilots then you can be bombed all round--DICE has made AA weapons less useful against aircraft than they were at one point.

Forty hours really isn't much time in a game like this.  It took me a lot longer than that to even begin to improve, and I'm still quite bad compared to many, many other players.  It really sounds like you are approaching this game in a way likely to produce poor results.  There are many useful videos online on how to play better, and if you are playing with friends and use teamwork that can help a lot too.  Honestly, it isn't the gameplay, it's you.  BFV can be a challenging game, so you can decide to meet that challenge, or you can quit.  Your choice.
    We know that this game is not a simulator but an arcade game, even if it is closer to reality than a Call of Duty ......

I like too much snipers... I want to play with them !!!

If I replay at Call of Duty WW2, which I have not practiced for a year, in a few hours I play as well as before, same thing for a CS, a Gost Recon, etc. 

If I change my bike, car, etc, I do not have to relearn everything, I can drive ... With BF5 I have this feeling of having to recommend everything from the beginning, it's very frustrating, commercially it's very bad !!!

Thank you for your good advice
  • Phil995511
    edited May 29
    superteds said:
    you can't ask for realism with snipers and then complain that planes kill people. they're sort of good at that, carrying cannons and high calibre mgs, bombs and rockets will do that.
    I only like infantry duels, or I prefer to play a game like RUSE ... You would not want nuclear bombs while you're there (laughs) ??
    Post edited by Phil995511 on
  • Phil995511
    DJTN1 said:

Good luck!
    I had several game tonight that were a ton of fun, had a really good time.  Then came back later and it was horrible, the game felt like I was wading through wet cement with a strobe light on my head as the other team always seemed to know where I was, I ended up quitting halfway through a round which I rarely do (although my team was so clueless I was getting frustrated).  That DICE can't even get network performance where it was in late BF4 is astonishing.  EA really needs to look at a new design studio for future BF titles, but then EA also needs a management shakeup based on their incredibly bad business decisions in BFV.
    I think like you ...