Weekly Debrief

UK servers [Megathread]

Comments

• grrlpurple
    824 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hi @PartWelsh, until EA/Dice are better able to provide a more stable experience in V, would it not be a better idea to provide specific servers for OOR players and friends from different regions to play in? 

Personally I don't mind playing on German servers, it's purely when high ping players arrive, sometimes even just one, that the game truly falls apart.

I suspect Amazon servers are struggling to meet the demands of V anyway, but this would surely alleviate some of that stress.

There's the usual argument that such a move would split the player base and increase matchmaking times. However given how miserable V's performance is at the moment (on console at least) I wouldn't mind waiting longer for a match to start if I knew it would be a more stable and enjoyable experience. It may also help with the declining player base and provide a much needed boost to V's poor reputation.

My experience also. Just one high ping player and the German server experience is completely unacceptable.
  • ackers75
    2455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    200ms ping player top of the board.

Just absolutely bemused at this mess
  • grrlpurple
    I just don't understand why I'm suffering the very worst of super bullets killing me and my bullets doing nothing at all when my own connection is fast and stable. High ping players causing this issue should be the ones suffering.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    grrlpurple wrote: »
    I just don't understand why I'm suffering the very worst of super bullets killing me and my bullets doing nothing at all when my own connection is fast and stable. High ping players causing this issue should be the ones suffering.

This is common knowledge -Google is your friend and tells you why

https://www.google.com/search?q=high ping players advantage
  • UrinDenialP
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hi @PartWelsh, until EA/Dice are better able to provide a more stable experience in V, would it not be a better idea to provide specific servers for OOR players and friends from different regions to play in? 

Personally I don't mind playing on German servers, it's purely when high ping players arrive, sometimes even just one, that the game truly falls apart.

I suspect Amazon servers are struggling to meet the demands of V anyway, but this would surely alleviate some of that stress.

There's the usual argument that such a move would split the player base and increase matchmaking times. However given how miserable V's performance is at the moment (on console at least) I wouldn't mind waiting longer for a match to start if I knew it would be a more stable and enjoyable experience. It may also help with the declining player base and provide a much needed boost to V's poor reputation.

German servers are bad for me although they show up with stable latency.
    Read my post above.
    EA wont talk about this because they have made a shocking mistake.....1 latency only showing is a mistake because of the very nature of udp and routing.

A perfect example of this is using speedtest.
    i town 3okm away pings at 40ms...a city 600km away pings at 20ms...if they test latency on the better route but one set of packets go the bad route...the game will play badly
    Apologies @UrinDenialP I'm not the most tech savvy person and I'm struggling to understand what you mean. 

Do you or anyone else have a link to a site that could better explain it to me? I'm genuinely curious at how all these different mechanics can effect V so much.
    Theres no easy way to explain it sadly.
    What gamers need to get away from is that its a connection.
    its not.
    think of the packets you send as a data stream...same as the packets ea send you..

both data streams will have their own route.

how you send your packets is determined by your isp.

how ea send you you is determined by their isp.

mine uses iptransit....i can see mine.

their may use telia....i cant tell though.

mine goes through madrid or barcelona.

thers might go through either one too...maybe the oposite one when i get dodgy gameplay.

we need to see this and compare the two routes...compare latency on both routes and then see if their lag comp figure is correct.

thats as simple as i can put it mate
  • Prep768
    3440 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hands up who thinks they'll fix the stuttering by Thursday? 
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Prep768 said:
    I would be surprised if I see you guys saying its fixed on Thursday, they still say they don't the cause of it is that right.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    JPhysics wrote: »
    Prep768 said:

I would be surprised if I see you guys saying its fixed on Thursday, they still say they don't the cause of it is that right.

Please rephrase that as I don’t understand
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    844 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

German servers are bad for me although they show up with stable latency.
    Read my post above.
    EA wont talk about this because they have made a shocking mistake.....1 latency only showing is a mistake because of the very nature of udp and routing.

A perfect example of this is using speedtest.
    i town 3okm away pings at 40ms...a city 600km away pings at 20ms...if they test latency on the better route but one set of packets go the bad route...the game will play badly
    Apologies @UrinDenialP I'm not the most tech savvy person and I'm struggling to understand what you mean. 

Do you or anyone else have a link to a site that could better explain it to me? I'm genuinely curious at how all these different mechanics can effect V so much.
    Theres no easy way to explain it sadly.
    What gamers need to get away from is that its a connection.
    its not.
    think of the packets you send as a data stream...same as the packets ea send you..

both data streams will have their own route.

how you send your packets is determined by your isp.

how ea send you you is determined by their isp.

mine uses iptransit....i can see mine.

their may use telia....i cant tell though.

mine goes through madrid or barcelona.

thers might go through either one too...maybe the oposite one when i get dodgy gameplay.

we need to see this and compare the two routes...compare latency on both routes and then see if their lag comp figure is correct.

thats as simple as i can put it mate
    Actually that was really well explained. Thank you.

@PartWelsh, what do you think of this? 
  • GeorgyRommel
    24 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is there anyway I can give myself a triple ping?  Just so I can be on a level playing field on these atrocious German servers.
  • UrinDenialP
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Is there anyway I can give myself a triple ping?  Just so I can be on a level playing field on these atrocious German servers.
    those german servers also have fifa traffic competing on the highways.
    you would fo thought ea would have split up their game servesr at the very least
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1613 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 29
    Prep768 said:
    No partwelsh has said they will have more information on this by Tuesday.

Wait 7 months for a new map and when it comes out the FPS and stuttering is so bad it's not worth playing. Special 
  • grrlpurple

I'm seriously considering downgrading to dial up in the hope that it will help!
  • Prep768
    3440 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Prep768 said:
    No partwelsh has said they will have more information on this by Tuesday.

Wait 7 months for a new map and when it comes out the FPS and stuttering is so bad it's not worth playing. Special 
    Sorry, I forgot the 'sarcasm' emoji - school boy error on my part - apologies.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    625 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Players bouncing between 180 and 450 ping on the 2 servers I've just been on plus several others well north of 150. I'm seeing the future here.
This discussion has been closed.