Second anti-material rifle?

Marcusspinner
201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
The other anti-material rifle that was used in WWII was the Lahti L-39, are we ever going to see a second anti-material rifle by DICE?
Because all rifle classes should have a minimal of two I wish DICE did. The Boys AT rifle is a fun rifle for now. Hopefully we will see a second rifle slower rate of fire less bullets but more damage against vehicles.

Comments

• M_Rat13
    792 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It wasn't the only other AT rifle. However, I doubt we'll get the 8mm AT rifles, as they just don't fit into the Boys type of damage model, IMO.

However, there are numerous 20mm AT rifles, as well as the Soviet 14.5mm rifles when the Soviets are introduced. We might even get an experimental 50 cal with the American faction.

I think we'll just have to be patient, just like with the rest of BFV.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    517 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This game needs an PTRD-1941.
  • MettMoxxi
    270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Didn't Winchester also make an AT rifle. I can rememember Ian making a video about it
  • Noodlesocks
    2473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope they have a German one cause I like having my factions use their own weapons.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 26
    Yeah because this is clearly something that you will be able to carry around without looking suspicious.
    https://youtu.be/Y9qHv_XEAZg
  • GrizzGolf
    887 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The other anti-material rifle that was used in WWII was the Lahti L-39, are we ever going to see a second anti-material rifle by DICE?
    Because all rifle classes should have a minimal of two I wish DICE did. The Boys AT rifle is a fun rifle for now. Hopefully we will see a second rifle slower rate of fire less bullets but more damage against vehicles.
    Did the Lahti see a lot of war time?
  • TheVinylPaladin
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MettMoxxi said:
    Didn't Winchester also make an AT rifle. I can rememember Ian making a video about it
    I was about to mention something about it myself, you're thinking of the Winchester-Williams .50 BMG Antitank Rifle. It's one of the only semi auto AT rifles of WWII, so I'm really hoping this one gets added with the Americans. Info: https://www.forgottenweapons.com/winchester-williams-wwii-50-bmg-antitank-rifle-video/
  • SirSpectacle
    728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I doubt we'll see a semi-auto AT rifle in BFV, it would be impossible to balance the expected RoF of a semi-auto with the expected lethality of an anti-tank bullet.
  • ElliotLH
    7212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sure another was datamined but I can't find it now, so might have imagined it.
  • Panzerratte_93
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope they have a German one cause I like having my factions use their own weapons.
    A well known dataminer just revealed his latest catch: Die Panzerbüchse 39 
  • GrinddalDDG
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Are the tankers supposed to have any chance at all?
  • IIMechatronikII
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are the tankers supposed to have any chance at all?
    Let's sum up: Snipers with AT, medics with AT, supports with AT and kamikaze assaults. Big cannons, planes, V1 and..vehicles with dynamite.
    Teammates which don't care tanks. Maybe 1 of 10.
    The biggest change is in infantry behaviour. (compare to BF1). When they see a tank, they don't afraid at all, they see an easy kill.
  • Marcusspinner
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 29
    A well known dataminer just revealed his latest catch: Die Panzerbüchse 39