Community Broadcast - Updates on Pit Crew and Game Mode Availability

Comments

• DrunkOnRedWine
    1688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019

You want to get rid of Frontlines so that you can rework it, but let's look at this closely. Frontlines was the best game mode for ToW XP gain ... you've just introduced a way to purchase ToW ranks with Battlefield Coins...

I thought exactly the same, the cynic in me. XP was awesome for ToW in Frontlines. I grew to love Frontlines and now it's gone, it's a sad day for this game  :(  :/  :o  :s  :'(  :# 
  • captaincalboy
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My platoon plays 16v16 Domination matches every week...and Frontlines is our 2nd favorite mode. I'm in complete shock :(
  • bigmatt9486
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is NEVER hard to find a Frontlines game on Xbox. This is complete ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. If DICE wants to take away game modes we just have to start punishing the players that support them. No more revives for elite skins. No more ammo for them. NOTHING. 
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My platoon plays 16v16 Domination matches every week...and Frontlines is our 2nd favorite mode. I'm in complete shock :(
    What are you going to play instead? Or just give up?
  • fragnstein
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You dice wants to remove domination and front lines, modes with several maps and replace them with grind and fortress which each have 2 maps....
  • Normandie-I944
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I hope DICE will get shut down after this crappy battlefield title. No one will miss this greedy company under the pressure of EA. 
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    Killed my favorite gamemode in BFV GG. @MachoFantast1c0 look at this ****.
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry. The reasoning display here is complete bollocks. For six months I never saw less than 10 fully populated Frontlines servers. If anything, they should have removed Team Deathmatch, as it is the least Battlefield like experience with actual objectives other than hug that corner.

Suggesting that 64p Frontlines as part of Grand Operations is a substitute is completely asinine and display a clear lack of understanding the player experience.

Oh well, I guess this is par for the course in the life of this live service.
  • Viagi
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How about just removing the Hamada map? It would deffently fix a lot of things...!
  • TonyusWarrior
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sure DICE, keep remove amazing game modes from the game, then please remove also yourself from the game. I've never seen something like that. You are literally killing this game. GG
  • DrunkOnRedWine

I will miss you my old friend , RIP Devastation Frontlines.
  • ElliotLH
    9548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I will miss you my old friend , RIP Devastation Frontlines.

F to pay respects.
  • Marcusspinner
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE please patch the Boys AT Rifle specilization and tweak the rifle a little bit, like making it easier to make a disable on a vehicle.
  • Marcusspinner
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Viagi said:
    How about just removing the Hamada map? It would deffently fix a lot of things...!
    Not remove, rework the map (like in Rainbow Six Siege)
  • ElliotLH
    9548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Viagi said:
    Not remove, rework the map (like in Rainbow Six Siege)
     Yes. We have few enough maps as it is.
  • JasonH42
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    “Our preference is to ensure that we are adding to the fun rather than creating frustration”

Then bring back UK/Ohio servers and Rush mode permanently, add more maps and vehicles.
  • The_BERG_366
    2780 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pro_b0 wrote: »
    Player base is getting so low, they can’t even support established core game modes. You Strategy seems to really be working great DICE/EA. Better double down on it!!

Well it's not the player base directly. I think it's rather due to bad general economical performance of the game that recourses got pulled back and the fact that they seem to be intending to make less but better refined modes in general (in disregard of player base).
  • The_BERG_366
    2780 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    Frontlines is absolutely terrific when you get balanced team, back-wards and forwards see-saw battles. I have seen more 1 ticket to 0 endings in this game mode than any other. Very sad to see it going but it has been hard to find a game of Frontlines of late.

Grind and Fortress are the two worst game-mode to appear in Battlefield, 64 player meat-grinders with no tactics or nuance. Hopefully they will never return.

TDM is awful in this game and I don't enjoy Breakthrough either but I still don't want them removed as each game-mode has a market.

Sign of the struggles the game is going through and the player population has dropped rapidly and core game modes can't even be supported. Firestorm Duos gone, then UK and US servers disabled, game modes removed - it's obvious the game is falling apart. Will DICE admit the live content model hasn't worked?

Pit-Crew - couldn't care less about skins. You can keep them all. The new Wilhelm looks dreadful in battle, I go after Elite's more than anyone else. I despise anyone who could be so traitorous and supporting the live content model.

Good to have some acknowledgement about the stuttering and FPS, it's unplayable and yes it needs to be number 1 priority. Update on Tuesday, that's the Mercury map not worth playing then.

frontlines doesn't have tickets though? O.o
    also the live service model isn't a dice invention. it gets pushed all over all EA games lately in a desperate attempt to replicate the success of the fifa microtransaction model. now I do belive it can work but its bfv implementation was simply not very good.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    Frontlines is absolutely terrific when you get balanced team, back-wards and forwards see-saw battles. I have seen more 1 ticket to 0 endings in this game mode than any other. Very sad to see it going but it has been hard to find a game of Frontlines of late.

Grind and Fortress are the two worst game-mode to appear in Battlefield, 64 player meat-grinders with no tactics or nuance. Hopefully they will never return.

TDM is awful in this game and I don't enjoy Breakthrough either but I still don't want them removed as each game-mode has a market.

Sign of the struggles the game is going through and the player population has dropped rapidly and core game modes can't even be supported. Firestorm Duos gone, then UK and US servers disabled, game modes removed - it's obvious the game is falling apart. Will DICE admit the live content model hasn't worked?

Pit-Crew - couldn't care less about skins. You can keep them all. The new Wilhelm looks dreadful in battle, I go after Elite's more than anyone else. I despise anyone who could be so traitorous and supporting the live content model.

Good to have some acknowledgement about the stuttering and FPS, it's unplayable and yes it needs to be number 1 priority. Update on Tuesday, that's the Mercury map not worth playing then.

frontlines doesn't have tickets though? O.o
    also the live service model isn't a dice invention. it gets pushed all over all EA games lately in a desperate attempt to replicate the success of the fifa microtransaction model. now I do belive it can work but its bfv implementation was simply not very good.
    2:1 sorry, they destroy 1 and then we destroy 2. I'll miss those see-saw games
  • Collision_TN
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    PartWelsh said:
    I chatted to the team on that today. Top priority right now is the stuttering, and after...
    Yes, that's what I meant the hotfix would be for.