New Trailer - Mercury Map Official Reveal

Comments

• Dragam
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    Yet another sniper heaven map... -_-'

I want maps from the big battles in ww2, not some obscure crap... and preferably ones that aren't just made for sniper camping... give me something like stalingrad !
    Post edited by Dragam on
  • PrairieGeek
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it's a neat coincidence they give recon the OHK rifle right before opening the new camper map
  • bazzowy
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Any chances for new firestorm map?
  • UnearthedCO
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The new map is really really good!! I am pleasantly surprised.  It's the best map of the game.
  • Jezzzeh
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep, it's a good map. It plays really nicely in both CQ and Breakthrough also.
    Long time coming since release but it's very welcome.

Thanks all.
  • FragbaitDax
    223 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What would be really good would be a "Test" mode for any new maps that are launched. I would really like the opportunity to be able to walk around the whole thing and check it out, get a good feel for it without any enemies present so I familiarise myself with everything.

Just joined my first round and got annihilated. Can I jump up here? Nope, I'm just a bouncing target for someone hiding in a bush. On the objective, you're getting shot from three different directions from the hills overlooking objectives. Finally get a clear run, one shot from the Boys. Thanks for that. Why does everyone get a scope except for Medic? I'm getting Assault sniped from 200 metres and can't even see anyone that far away.

I know I need to give it more than one go and learn the map, but getting obliterated every time I move isn't helping me learn anything. 
  • ElliotLH
    9448 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bazzowy wrote: »
    Any chances for new firestorm map?

I sincerely hope not. Enough time and effort has been spent on that already while the base game suffered.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    Anyone spotted the dolphin underwater yet?

I donned my speedos and snorkeling gear then headed to the beach - someone shot me!
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I donned my speedos and snorkeling gear then headed to the beach - someone shot me!
    There's a dolphin?! 
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

There's a dolphin?! 
    Yup, at first I thought it was a shark and bricked it
  • ElliotLH
    9448 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Just seen a video on Reddit myself. I spent most of my last matches on Mercury staring at the respawn screen hahaha.

@GrumbleSG9 Here you go: https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/buk4d5/found_one_dolphin_boi/ & https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/bup8e0/bfv_huge_german_spy_dolphin_spotted_on_the_new/
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks guys - that's class! I love little touches like this in games... always makes me smile. (Like a puppy - I'm very easily amused.)
  • ElliotLH
    Thanks guys - that's class! I love little touches like this in games... always makes me smile. (Like a puppy - I'm very easily amused.)
    Yeah it's really nice that they add little things like this that probably most players won't ever see (that's not sarcasm btw - I do think it's nice). 

I also liked the idea someone in one of those threads had about having sharks in the Pacific Theatre who can attack people in the water. Even made me watch that great speech Quint makes in Jaws after reading it lol.
  • SirBobdk
    5301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The map needs boats and a flag on the island
  • xKusagamix
    1170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Maybe he thought you tried to catch the poor little dolphin :D
  • ElliotLH
    SirBobdk said:
    Yes, yes it does.
  • PrairieGeek
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    BF4 Lancang Dam?   Was a good map. I could see that island being a good flag point
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

ElliotLH said:
     Yeah it's really nice that they add little things like this that probably most players won't ever see (that's not sarcasm btw - I do think it's nice). 

I also liked the idea someone in one of those threads had about having sharks in the Pacific Theatre who can attack people in the water. Even made me watch that great speech Quint makes in Jaws after reading it lol.
    DICE actually put a shark on a BF4 map before ... a proper Great White Shark on Lost Islands, rather than the Megalodon we hunt for nowadays as easter eggs.

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IvPBiIr_kk

In Mercury, the surface water texture is designed in such a way that you cannot see what's moving around in the water. In previous games, like BF4, the texture was different, so you could actually see that shark moving around from above. It usually circled the waters surrounding the downed place on the map. You could even see it in the end-of-round screen sometimes.

I love it when DICE puts in wildlife in their maps. My favourite has to be the Macaw perched on some signs on Operation Mortar.
  • SirBobdk
    5301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Aircraft carrier, destroyers, torpedo boats, u-boats and we have a classic BF maps imo.
  • ElliotLH

ElliotLH said:

DICE actually put a shark on a BF4 map before ... a proper Great White Shark on Lost Islands, rather than the Megalodon we hunt for nowadays as easter eggs.

Here it is:

In Mercury, the surface water texture is designed in such a way that you cannot see what's moving around in the water. In previous games, like BF4, the texture was different, so you could actually see that shark moving around from above. It usually circled the waters surrounding the downed place on the map. You could even see it in the end-of-round screen sometimes.

I love it when DICE puts in wildlife in their maps. My favourite has to be the Macaw perched on some signs on Operation Mortar.

That shark is pretty sweet - I never saw or noticed that in BF4. I'll need to check now.

I also have to admit that I just spent a good portion of a CQ match on Mercury swimming around with a couple of Echo's pals.