Mysterious plane sounds on Arras

liRlPrawnAGE
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited May 23
Hello there Battlefield community.

Ever since this recent update, I've noticed that occasionally there are " Phantom " plane sounds on Arras. The constant sound of a plane flying overhead will continue to loop even though there are planes in the sky? I saw other people on the server reporting the same thing. Has any here experienced this issue ?

Comments

• DigitalHype
    768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes. I don't believe it is limited to Arras map, either. This appears to be a new bug with today's update. One of the bombers is sometimes (always?) causing it now.
  • CaptainHardware
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've only heard it on Arras, and when it happened other people in my squad at the same location also heard it. So it seems it's literally a case of a specific plane sound not turning itself off when it flies out of range.

A little annoying, but it's just a bug. The sound did go away after about 30 seconds.
  • Tuco_Ramirez_1
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes I noticed it constantly on Fjell map.
  • SoMuchHard
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    New bug of the update. Also on hamada.
  • Topfnknedl
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes I noticed it constantly on Fjell map.

yeah. in my case, the sound was coming from somewhere around flag A... I still heard it at flag C.
    as if fjell isn't already annoying enough for infantry.. now you gotta cope with even more immersive plane noises.
    after having the same issue on CQ Arras -> alt F4
  • G-Gnu
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds get stuck on every map, either tank or plane sound. 
    I am not amazed anymore DICE just spews out broken after broken patch and does not even care about fixing the real stuff.
  • Tuco_Ramirez_1
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I know sales were down massively for this game but have they axed the QA team? Patches normally fix bugs and optimise games. Bfv's last few have negatively impacted the game that's for sure.
  • 5hadyBrady
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can confirm this bug exists, though, doesn't really interfere with my gameplay. If this is the only bug since the update, I'd be pretty happy.
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's annoying if you use sound for enemy orientation. When you are within close proximity to the sound source, the engine sounds overwhelm enemy footsteps and even gunfire. All I hear on fell is constant engines all over the map.
  • zcrashpilot1001
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is called EA/Dice quality management.
  • iamwiener
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's not a bug guys: didn't your read about the award DICE won for their ingame audio? With these random and lasting engine, machine gun or even plane sounds they give us the chance to extensively enjoy their work.
  • Zoon_dk
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Has any one fund a fix for the engine sound bug?
    It makes the game unplayable for me :-(. I can only play Rotterdam og Devastation map.
    On every other map I hear the engine noise 80% of the time.
  • G-Gnu
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Zoon_dk said:
    It makes the game unplayable for me :-(. I can only play Rotterdam og Devastation map.
    I think it is a server side bug. 
    Remedy: play an other game.
  • NeilSmith1986
    21 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have heard these sounds on almost all maps. It is so loud that it is like you are running past the aeroplane engine.

I also keep hearing sounds that are like  popping and hissing noises... a bit like smoke grenades or the the smoke that pops for an artillery strike. The seem to happen in the most random places, sometimes in the middle of nowhere.
  • Zoon_dk
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu said:
    Zoon_dk said:
    I think it is a server side bug. 
    Remedy: play an other game.
    What can you recommend?

• ragnarok013
    3077 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    This is a known bug from the last patch and has been reported.
  • MURLAV
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hello there Battlefield community.

Ever since this recent update, I've noticed that occasionally there are " Phantom " plane sounds on Arras. The constant sound of a plane flying overhead will continue to loop even though there are planes in the sky? I saw other people on the server reporting the same thing. Has any here experienced this issue ?
    This sound on each map even on Mercury today
  • Jumpy-B-L
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And random "ping" noises, too. It's really something, this one.