So mercury eh?

barnesalmighty2
1333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
It plays like it was made by dice, laggy, terrible frame rates, poorly chosen spawns and flags, the insane stutter and millions of places to fail to vault over.

Nearly 8 months and this is the best we get?

Comments

• barnesalmighty2
    1333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's worse on breakthrough, second flags defenders can literally snipe you as you spawn in deployment.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 29
    Also Tanks are a Joke but on this map there below a Joke.

I left before the sniper AT weapon. How are the light tanks getting on now with all that AT firepower out there?
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Where is the Squad Conquest map? I thought this map was coming to this game-mode?
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 said:
    new map same old tragic netcode!
    They are working on the stuttering and lag, but yeah it's a freak show atm. Virtually unplayable, I gave it a go but no back to SC - at least there is some semblance of fluidity. I use the term some loosely.
  • ackers75
    2267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 said:

They are working on the stuttering and lag, but yeah it's a freak show atm. Virtually unplayable, I gave it a go but no back to SC - at least there is some semblance of fluidity. I use the term some loosely.

Yeah I played one round and that was more than enough.
  • barnesalmighty2
    barnesalmighty2 said:
    It plays like it was made by dice, laggy, terrible frame rates, poorly chosen spawns and flags, the insane stutter and millions of places to fail to vault over.

Yep, did you expect more from a studio who's best days were 6 - 10 years ago? 

BC2 and BF3 did so many things brilliantly this game does nothing brilliantly, not one sodding thing

I'm slowly losing all hope with dice. I had hoped for a much better map. I still have my fingers crossed for BF3 remaster or even just a pc port with ultra settings would do nicely.

• bigmatt9486
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Mercury...more like Pluto
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Played one game on it so no real opinion ( not helped by the fact it felt like the game was running in treacle, was great (better) over the weekend) other than it seems like a lot of the map is overlooked which obviously won't help the campy nature the game can have.
  • zenn_nme
    746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How it suppossed to look (not my handywork)... :#

• NLBartmaN
    3032 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 29
    It's also extremely catering to Snipers and 3X scopes. Played 2 Matches on it and I'm done. Horrible experience. Also Tanks are a Joke but on this map there below a Joke.

And some of these capture areas are pure Awful. E Flag is barren and has zero cover when the building gets destroyed.
    Yeah also my first thought: again a TOO open map with all the 3x scopes, laser accurate almost no drop no scope glint weapons and snipers ...

Also in close combat the visibilty is very bad in this very bright map and all the bushes people can hide in.

Again something that looks great (if they would remove TAA) but plays bad, just like all the animations etc.

I also find the map (air space) a little bit too small for flying a plane, no where to go when you are reloading and the resupply points are on bad spots.

Was done with the map very fast because of the above reasons, but mostly because of the very bad state of the servers (sound is all over the place, but not where it should be, hitreg issues, etc) and the stuttering, game even freezed/crashed when I tried to switch squad with the mesagge failed to join the server ... while I was already 10 minutes on the server ... serious what are they doing over there ...  :s  :(  :/
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    Played one game on it so no real opinion ( not helped by the fact it felt like the game was running in treacle, was great (better) over the weekend) other than it seems like a lot of the map is overlooked which obviously won't help the campy nature the game can have.
    From what I saw of it it is contains a lot of verticality where you can overlook large areas of the map, and with the state of the camping in this game MMG's and sniper rifles can be abused here. I went prone near E next to a cliff face and just pummeled the enemy, felt cheap. Poorly thought out and designed with the weapons in mind
  • xeNizKing
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 said:
    Yep the netcode is god awful right now I have no idea what they did, It takes more than half of a clip to kill someone right now but it doesnt seem to be like that for everyone currently some people are just mowing others down with loaded damage (feels like 2-3 bullets per bullet instead of just 1) but I find it kind of hard to believe that litterally hundreds of people i've seen chatting all have the exact same internet connection problem at the same time in the same matches at that exact moment in the day, its just absurd. Something is messed up with the netcode right now badly.
  • Narfiam
    197 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 30
    Awful map made for snipers to enjoy a target shooting.
    I thought they would've learned the lesson and wouldn't make sniper biased maps again like Galitzia, Sinai or Empire's Edge. 
  • SpinachVsKale
    185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not a fan of it!!! If you don't have a sniper or a 3x scope semi auto rifle your going to have a bad time. I recall Dice saying this map will cater to all playstyles.........that was a big lie. Oh and the visibility is still horrible in this game.
  • CaptainHardware
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So the only AA gun on the map is in the most exposed possible spot, the plane resupply is right next to the center of the play area, we have a massive bias to one side on conquest, and, it's just unending sniper city in general. I'm sick of it already.

Bonus that DICE still can't make the dedicated server actually switch sides when it cycles its rotation, something all the prior battlefields had.

• Rex_Holez
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    zenn_nme said:
    How it suppossed to look (not my handywork)... :#

Wow it actually looks like a pretty big map.